Jury finds in favor of Arizona cop - confrontation with teen

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2023, 2:51 pm

Decision reached in case involving Buckeye police officer who confronted teen with autism

Quote:
A jury decided in favor of Buckeye and former Buckeye police Officer David Grossman on Thursday in a federal trial that was to decide whether Grossman used excessive force when confronting Connor Leibel, a teenager with autism, six years ago.

Connor was 14 when the incident occurred in 2017. Connor was "stimming"— a term used to describe self-stimulating — with a piece of string when Grossman approached him at a city park. Grossman later stated he thought Connor was using drugs because he held the string close to his face.

Connor proceeded to walk away from Grossman, and the two engaged in a confrontation that ended with Connor sustaining scratches and bruises to his face, back and legs. He also sustained an ankle injury that eventually required surgery.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ilovepalmtrees
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Mar 2023, 2:31 pm

That's unfortunate he will not be held accountable.