Love on the Spectrum, has anyone noticed this pattern?

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2023, 5:32 pm

This is a pattern that i've noticed about that show, series, and i believe other people observe it too, it seems that the typical female, woman member of the show, series, has dated plenty or had plenty of boyfriends before, or has had at least 1 long term boyfriend in her life.

But the typical, not all, but majority of the male members of the show, have never had a girlfriend before, never dated, or have just dated very little in their life, maybe a short-term relationship or something, overall, the majority are very inexperienced.

Anyone else here notice this pattern about that show, series?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2023, 5:33 pm

Why so many threads about this show? :?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2023, 7:42 am

Well there was that thread on here a while ago, that was about how autistic women seem to be more liked by men, compared to the other way around, and guys I know autistic or not, also talked about to me about how they felt more intimated by their gfs experience compared to them.

In my own experience it also seems common for the woman to have more experience than me in most of my dating experiences, so maybe the show is not intentionally going for a pattern but the women having more dating experience than the men is just realistic and common?

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2023, 3:27 pm

ya, should be obvious as to why

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2023, 3:57 pm

ironpony wrote:
Well there was that thread on here a while ago, that was about how autistic women seem to be more liked by men, compared to the other way around, and guys I know autistic or not, also talked about to me about how they felt more intimated by their gfs experience compared to them.

This may be more reflective of dating success in the overall community females > males. This pattern probably repeats in the autistic community.

Zakatar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2023, 11:21 am

Never seen the show, but not surprised in the slightest. If more Autistic women were willing to give Autistic men a shot instead of just saying yes to the first NT who asks them out it would be more even.

#palestinianlivesmatter

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2023, 3:39 pm

I posted about this a while ago. People seem to be aware about this disparity. But further dicussion of the topic seems to be prohibited in WP.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2023, 5:37 pm

Zakatar wrote:
If more Autistic women were willing to give Autistic men a shot instead of just saying yes to the first NT who asks them out it would be more even.

Why do you assume not enough autistic women are willing to give autistic men a shot?

I'd expect that both diagnosed and undiagnosed autistic women would be more likely to have autistic partners (again, whether diagnosed or not) over-represented in their dating histories, rather than under.

Not unlike how a lot of undiagnosed NDs have other NDs (both diagnosed and undiagnosed) over-represented in their social circles. We tend to be closer to people we get and who get us - those people tend to be other NDs.

I think it's unfair to suggest autistic women somehow aren't doing their duty to date their allotted quota of autistic men.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 1:13 pm

ya i don't know what to say, other than, if i had to do it all over again, if i was to be born again in another life, i wouldn't mind coming back as a woman, and i don't care if i would have to deal with periods and pregnancy, child-birth

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 1:21 pm

^ What about having to deal with sexual assault/harassment?

(I’m not saying that it can’t happen to men too.)

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 6:58 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
Zakatar wrote:
If more Autistic women were willing to give Autistic men a shot instead of just saying yes to the first NT who asks them out it would be more even.

Why do you assume not enough autistic women are willing to give autistic men a shot?

I'd expect that both diagnosed and undiagnosed autistic women would be more likely to have autistic partners (again, whether diagnosed or not) over-represented in their dating histories, rather than under.

Not unlike how a lot of undiagnosed NDs have other NDs (both diagnosed and undiagnosed) over-represented in their social circles. We tend to be closer to people we get and who get us - those people tend to be other NDs.

I think it's unfair to suggest autistic women somehow aren't doing their duty to date their allotted quota of autistic men.

Well as far as this idea goes that austistic people have a duty to date each other, so there are less autistic singles left over, in the show apparently, the makers believe this, as they seem to only set autistic people up with autistic people only.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 10:47 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:

well i would sacrifice experiencing that than risking long term singleness, celibacy

lil_hippie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Mar 2023, 11:24 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

I know, I don't relate to most of the people on this show

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 3:38 am

funeralxempire wrote:

:lol: and I never watched any.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 3:41 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

well i would sacrifice experiencing that than risking long term singleness, celibacy

wait what

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 4:12 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

wait what

He cannot relate.