Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Mar 2023, 3:54 pm

I actually think my symptoms are burnout or similar. It all kinda started when I couldn't mask anymore. I think my parents don't understand that burnout is a thing and that my behaviours are actually me feeling overwhelmed. Also I read an article about my diagnosis. It said that people with my diagnosis tend to have paranoia and sometimes magical thinking. Now I'm just on medications that might be bad for me.

Like I think my doctor is getting a bit ahead of themselves. Like they're mentioning Schizoaffective now. The thing is I don't think I have any of that. I'm just more prone to fantasy thinking and plus it makes sense for me to have weird ideas about religion. I went to church as a child. Also I haven't really had symptoms lately and I haven't been on my medication. Other people don't even realize. They just think I need medication but like I'm kinda proving them wrong.

Also like I just feel like it's an isolation thing. Like I don't socialize a lot. Also I don't really feel like my life is affected much by what they say I have. Also aren't like things, subjective. Like if it doesn't cause me stress. If anything I only need medication for anxiety. It could be anxiety causing that. I heard that anxiety can cause certain symptoms. Also like I feel like it's obvious that I struggle with communication and now it may have led to a misdiagnosis that I cannot get rid of. I have tried a few times.

I just don't even know if what I experienced was in fact mental illness. I've been seeing different professionals for mental health since I was 18. I just feel like it's a bit arbitrary sometimes. I just have a hard time accepting that it's mental illness because if I accept that, I might have to go on medications that cause bad side effects that I might not even need or up the dose of my current one which could cause nasty withdrawals if I don't stay on it. Everyone just tells me to stay on it. Honestly I went in wanting an antidepressant the first time and that wasn't even really an option for some reason.

Now I feel like I'm just going through a cycle where people keep not really understanding where I'm coming from. Sure I've experienced things that other people haven't but like that could be so many things. For example it could be severe depression, Autism symptoms, anxiety, or like a spiritual emergency. I'm leaning towards Autism and a spiritual emergency.

Im thinking that I shouldn't have said yes to certain questions. For example they asked if I see things and hear things that others do not. Like yeah I have but like it's very brief. Also it could be a spiritual emergency because I have a real experience but I get ahead of myself and want it to last longer. I kinda think that's what it is and I've kinda proved it because it doesn't happen that often even when I'm off medication.

I just do not know how to present this so that I do not get called unreasonable. Everyone just like tries to explain to me that I don't have insight and that I'm going to end up getting worse. I just don't think it will. I've explained that I do have insight and that I'm lucid. Now like everything is confusing. Im not allowed to talk about stuff. It just bothers me. Also I don't know why, but my sister and I aren't really getting along lately. She just gets angry at me lately and refuses to talk to me about what Im trying to say. I keep being called delusional, or paranoid. I just wish she'd listen to me. She just shuts me out if she doesn't like it. I listen to her. I feel rejected because of this. I'm expected to listen to her but she doesn't have to listen to me. I don't know how to explain that I might not have a mental illness.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2023, 4:10 pm

Social withdrawal, changes to functioning level and mental health symptoms all might be relevant if you're experiencing extended burnout. It's not even exclusive to people with ASD, it just seems like we're more susceptible.

In general it seems like people with autism are always dealing with a lot of stress compared to average.

You express your thoughts very clearly and cohesively, they ought to be willing to listen or read them. If you're better at writing than staying articulate when you have to explain something that requires this much depth I'd suggest writing it.

They should at least be willing to consider that you might not need those medications. That said, it would be ideal if you could have someone you trust monitoring in case you do start experiencing more significant symptoms.

Being socially isolated can make one's understandings of what's normal slip as well.

The more complex the correct diagnosis might be, the easier it is for doctors to mess it up, unfortunately.

Good luck with it.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Mar 2023, 7:25 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Social withdrawal, changes to functioning level and mental health symptoms all might be relevant if you're experiencing extended burnout. It's not even exclusive to people with ASD, it just seems like we're more susceptible.

In general it seems like people with autism are always dealing with a lot of stress compared to average.

You express your thoughts very clearly and cohesively, they ought to be willing to listen or read them. If you're better at writing than staying articulate when you have to explain something that requires this much depth I'd suggest writing it.

They should at least be willing to consider that you might not need those medications. That said, it would be ideal if you could have someone you trust monitoring in case you do start experiencing more significant symptoms.

Being socially isolated can make one's understandings of what's normal slip as well.

The more complex the correct diagnosis might be, the easier it is for doctors to mess it up, unfortunately.

Good luck with it.

I've been struggling so hard with social withdrawal but I want to socialize. It drains my energy. People don't tend to accept me and I feel I have to mask around people a lot which sometimes means dressing differently, not stimming, not talking a lot about random things etc. It is very exhausting because I never know what situations I will be in. No wonder I question who I am all the time.

I've been told many times I have no reason to feel so stressed because I have no major responsibilities. Yet it appears as physical symptoms that cause me to get blood tests. They always come back normal. Like I keep feeling pain in my organs like everyday. I get stress from social stuff, appointments, even like eating in a restaurant. I'm on an anti anxiety medication for that. I get disoriented easily and my body feels weird and spacy. Like I feel like something is really off.

Thank you. I think about what I write a lot. I have a hard time talking about my feelings out loud. Like I will say things I don't mean or I just can't talk about it. I should definitely try to bring them up with my family and psychiatrist or like write something. My current psychiatrist is good.

My parents have thought I was on the wrong medication before but now they think it's the right one. I mean when I was on antidepressants I just felt so sick from the 2 I was prescribed (the first one made me feel sick, the 2nd one made me feel sick and I couldn't sleep). Honestly I did take my medication last night. I'm just so conflicted. Yeah. I don't know if I experience symptoms or not. My family thinks I do. I just don't know what to do because like I don't think I'm experiencing them when they say I am.

I'm very socially isolated. Some days I don't even leave my room. Also I have such low motivation that it's hard to get out of bed. Like I know I will feel bad if I sleep all day but the thought of getting up fills me with fear. I end up laying there in dread.

It might be the right diagnosis but I don't know. People are concerned about my recent social skills. They've deteriorated quite a bit. I have noticed the medication helps me feel more social for some reason. Honestly I feel like I'm really conflicted about everything. I want to take my medication but also not. Also everything feels just overwhelming yet I manage it to the best of my abilities. I just feel kind of like I need to be honest about my feelings and like not to mask so much.