Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 1:31 am

Just no places around here want to sell anything my size, so went to the vans store and they have like every size for most of their shoes the size 5 in the shoe I wanted was too small so had to go for the 5 and a half because while the size 5 probably fit ok, I like to have a bit more wiggle room for my toes and I could feel I would not have that at all in the size 5.

Seriously will have to keep the vans store in mind for a place that has a good range of shoe sizes so it is likely they'll have something that fits. Sure vans are 'skate shoes' but idk if they are good for skateboarding, probably also good for just walking around and soon I will have to start scooting to work again so figured they'd be good for that to. I just feel a little weird getting shoes there since I don't do any skatboarding or anything, they just have all the shoe sizes so when all else fails I can always find some shoes that fit there.

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

08 Mar 2023, 8:15 am

I stopped skateboarding at age 15 (ankle f****d up beyond repair) and wore skateboarding sneakers until age 25 or so.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 1:18 pm

Once you find a brand/model/size that fits, just hop online and order another pair when you need them. Pretty much every size is available on the internet somewhere.

Local stores & North American websites were all sold out of the exact size/colour of a pair of Columbia hiking shoes I wanted, but I found them on an Italian website and ordered them. They were on sale, so with shipping they were approximately the same price as paying retail here if I were able to find them in stock in a store and they arrived in about a week.

No need to limit yourself to what's in stock right next to you anymore - but it is nice to find a proper fit in person 100%.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Mar 2023, 9:51 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Once you find a brand/model/size that fits, just hop online and order another pair when you need them. Pretty much every size is available on the internet somewhere.
That's what I do. I kinda need my shoes to have velcro cuz I have bad fine motor-skills. Most of my schools required me to wear shoes with laces due to dress code/uniform policies & I could tie them but it was a lot more difficult & time consuming than it should be. Anyways... it's really difficult to find adult shoes with velcro & I also like my shoes to be wider. I stick with ordering New Balance shoes online & stick to the same size & they always fit fine. I can sometimes get a really good deal by checking Amazon & eBay a while before I really need to buy em.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 12:49 pm

nick007 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
That's what I do. I kinda need my shoes to have velcro cuz I have bad fine motor-skills. Most of my schools required me to wear shoes with laces due to dress code/uniform policies & I could tie them but it was a lot more difficult & time consuming than it should be. Anyways... it's really difficult to find adult shoes with velcro & I also like my shoes to be wider. I stick with ordering New Balance shoes online & stick to the same size & they always fit fine. I can sometimes get a really good deal by checking Amazon & eBay a while before I really need to buy em.

Oooh, you'd probably like the shoes I've been wearing most of the time for the last ~year. I have other pairs, but these have been my go to for daily wear/driving etc. I recently bought a second pair in black. (Mistake buying white lol stained - and since they're a textured knit finish they don't wipe clean easily like leather.)

Here's a pic:

They're Vessi's (model = Weekend) -> completely waterproof shoes made in Vancouver. They're super comfortable, feel a bit wide, are stretchy, and I just keep them tied and slip them on like a slipper/wetsuit boot. The inner material feels kinda like neoprene. The ones I've been wearing for nearly a year are still completely waterproof and I've machine washed them a couple times. Laces look, slipper feel - they rarely come untied and need to be tied again. Could just double tie them and then never have to re-tie them.

If it rains a lot where you live these shoes are amazing - hence their near cult-like following in Vancouver today. They launched on kickstarter a few years ago and sell online. They only recently just opened an actual store - where I stopped and bought my second pair.