Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 11:59 am

Next week we will be getting the resident evil 4 remake embargo reviews.

What are your predictions about what critics will say?. I am a bit uneasy because resident evil 3 remake and re village did not that great reviews.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 12:30 pm

I'm not sure what to think about this remake tbh.

I don't really like the way they redesigned Ashley and Ada. Ada just isn't Ada without wearing a red dress, it's always been a part of her character. I know she wore pants in Resident Evil 6 but that wasn't a very good game for her in my opinion. Ada was never meant to dress "practical" in these games and that's part of her appeal because despite how she chooses to dress she's a very badass and intriguing character.

As for Ashley... I know a lot of people hated her in the original game but I kind of liked her. She wasn't meant to be a fighter because she's a civilian girl and the daughter of the US president who Leon's whole mission centers around rescuing. Personally I don't believe every woman has to be violent and use a gun in a dangerous situation just to prove something to both the feminists and the misogynists who are judging her harshly (the world is always judging women harshly huh? :roll: )

I don't mind that they obviously reduced her breast size in this game because I could care less about that. But if they give her a gun just to make her appear tougher so that Leon's role in rescuing her is reduced I'm going to be a little annoyed...

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 12:34 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:

I don't really like the way they redesigned Ashley and Ada. Ada just isn't Ada without wearing a red dress, it's always been a part of her character. I know she wore pants in Resident Evil 6 but that wasn't a very good game for her in my opinion. Ada was never meant to dress "practical" in these games and that's part of her appeal because despite how she chooses to dress she's a very badass and intriguing character.

As for Ashley... I know a lot of people hated her in the original game but I kind of liked her. She wasn't meant to be a fighter because she's a civilian girl and the daughter of the US president who Leon's whole mission centers around rescuing. Personally I don't believe every woman has to be violent and use a gun in a dangerous situation just to prove something to both the feminists and the misogynists who are judging her harshly (the world is always judging women harshly huh? :roll: )

I don't mind that they obviously reduced her breast size in this game because I could care less about that. But if they give her a gun just to make her appear tougher so that Leon's role in rescuing her is reduced I'm going to be a little annoyed...

I am guessing the critics might say “Stick to the original”

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 12:46 pm

Jamesy wrote:
DeathFlowerKing wrote:

I am guessing the critics might say “Stick to the original”

Well some might welcome the changes. You never know? :)

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 2:25 pm

I played the Wii version and enjoyed it. I don't see the point in remaking it though?

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 2:29 pm

klanka wrote:
I played the Wii version and enjoyed it. I don't see the point in remaking it though?

I agree, Resident Evil 4 isn't even that old of a video game and we have enough remakes of 1, 2, and 3 plus those Umbrella and Darkside Chronicles.

I'd like to say I wish Capcom would do original stuff with the series but personally I didnt like RE6, RE7, or RE8. :|

I did enjoy the remakes of RE2 and RE3 though (the RE3 remake didnt feel as bad to me as people said it was).

If the RE4 remake is more like those maybr it wont be so bad?

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2023, 3:28 pm

It looks like a major graphics upgrade but dunno what else is different.
I just wouldn't buy it

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2023, 9:02 am

Has any review embargo ever gone well??

klanka wrote:

Ditto. A Code Veronica remake would've been more worthwhile, IMO.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2023, 9:09 am

I would have loved a remake of Resident Evil Outbreak. 8)

arekks
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2023, 9:09 am

Code Veronica makes more sense than RE4 because it's a game that could be easily improved using largely the same ideas that made RE2R so good. RE4 is a game that I really can't imagine how you would improve on.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2023, 12:51 pm

Problem is though Veronica is not regarded as a favourite unlike the original RE2 and 4. I think capcom are more interested in making the best classic RE games hence why RE3 was so rushed.

DeathFlowerKing
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2023, 1:03 pm

Personally I think remake of RE3 was flawed but good. It did feel like a rushed attempt to cash in on the success of the RE2 remake but as a game it could have been so much worst.

I was unhappy that they didn't include The Mercenaries: Operation Mad Jackal. I was looking forward to playing as the remake versions of Carlos, Nicholai, and Mikhail and was hoping maybe they would include other UBCS characters like Tyrell and Murphy too.

But I did think it was interesting how Tyrell was given a bigger role in the remake and was portrayed as more of a hero like Carlos than being one of the supervisors like Nicholai who were using their own team as guinea pigs.

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 6:25 am

Personally, I always felt as if RE4 was overrated. It is a great game. But it's barely even correlated with what came before. It could be argued that 4 actually ruined the series. Because if you think about it, 4 doesn't have anything to do with the Umbrella Corporation, until you play the DLC with Ada, where you find out Wesker took over the company. Besides that, the plot is not really linked to the other games that much, nor does the tone even feel the same.

Some of the gameplay elements are kind of meh as well. As you went through the mansion or the cop shop in the older games, you found ammo was scarce. The atmosphere was amazing as well. :twisted:

In 4, 5 and other games, enemies you kill drop items. Yet some of the villagers aren't even in possession of guns. It doesn't make sense until you go to the island, where there are soldiers.

It's silly how you can break open a crate, encounter a snake, and get a grenade after you kill it. None of these gameplay mechanics I felt were remotely indicative of survival horror, for it basically just felt to me as if you were unleashing your inner Schwarzenegger. :lol:

PeterHoping44
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 6:47 am

Double post. Sorry.

There's a YouTuber I have been supporting for 3 years, who is called Michael Does Life. He obtained the game early. But I don't know how he acquired it a week early. He then unboxed the game, installed it and played it last week, going through what he unravelled.

He obviously couldn't show any footage, as Google has been terminating accounts for revealing content before the official release date of 24 March.

Anyway, there's apparently a lot of cut content. Maybe even more so than RE3, since the original RE4 was always a rather long game with all the different sections in the village, the castle, and the surrounding areas you go to thereafter. But you know? RE4 is gloried that much, that many normies on the Internet probably won't take any precious time out of their day to offer up any critique about things Capcom omitted. 8O

RE8 is a lot like RE4. When the werewolf things come at you initially, that's like the fight with the townsfolk in RE4, just before the church bell starts ringing. There's other parts in RE8 that are kind of similar too, like when you go visiting a castle and then some boring factory, where this dude is manufacturing cyborgs. What the hell?

I hated RE8, to be honest. It was largely a dumb game with bosses that looked incredibly daft, like the vampire aristocrat turned black dragon, and the mutated baby crawling around the house. You had this Silent Hill-like lady in it called Rosemary Winters, who serves as a secondary character. You never properly see the face of her father, Ethan. They added in a third person mode via an update last year, but Capcom chose to conceal his face just the same. :skull:

They even ripped off the mannequins from the Silent Hill series, because besides the nurses that creep around in the dark, mannequins show up too.

It's just incredibly sad to see Konami being copied by Capcom, who Konami was often compared to back in the day. :P

Spoilers...

https://www.youtube.com/live/McWO0ChnjSg?feature=share

yurguardianangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 May 2023, 12:21 pm

DeathFlowerKing wrote:
I would have loved a remake of Resident Evil Outbreak. 8)

Same,file 1 and 2 for a Resident Evil Outbreak remake would be awesome!

They need to remake Resident Evil Code Veronica X,next!
The gulp worm was so decent in that!

Winters Gate
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2023, 1:49 am

∆ i would love a code veronica remake.

re4 wasn't my favourite in the series so when I heard it was getting a remake I wasn't that excited about it.

Not that it was a terrible game of anything.

Just didn't like the game play as much.

But maybe they've improved it.