Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2023, 7:25 pm

IDK where else to put this, but binge watching alien stuff by David Jacobs about hybrids sort of made me think of the title of this site, although the way hybrids are described they'd have at least one advantage over someone having Asperger's: telepathic mind control. If they are actually real, they'd have a literal "oops, wrong planet" ordeal, yet would still be able to make things work out by individually adjusting minds like the Mule in one of Asimov's Foundation series books. Foundation & Empire, I think. Either way, while the hybrids of Jacobs' material would literally not know anything of arbitrary customs and present normalcy, they'd at least be able to cope better than most with Asperger's due to that XMen stuff basically.

Having actual Asperger's syndrome just plain sucks, especially when everyone just wants to use you like a slave and discards you whenever you aren't useful enough. -_- It would be far cooler to be able to read thoughts and do that Jedi mind trick stuff, rather than just get ticked when everything constantly goes downhill.

On the outside though, if they're real, hybrids might seem like they have Asperger's though, but it would be more a matter of actually not having acclimated to normalized society rather than having more of a developmental disorder per se.

Anyhow, anyone else listened to that stuff by David Jacobs like on Art Bell or whatnot? Any likelihood of probable truth, or just everyone consider it bunk offhand due to abnormality?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2023, 10:27 pm

Source:  Encyclopedia of American Loons #796 

Quote:
He generally rebuts critics by calling them "positivists", since they do not take Jacobs's heavily and positively interpreted anecdotes as conclusive evidence (Michael Shermer, for instance).  To explain away more substantial parts where his results differ from others' (i.e., where it is not only a matter of interpreting the data, but the actual data), Jacobs has explained that elements not matching his own perspective are what he terms "confabulations" that he is uniquely poised to recognize and reveal as false by repeatedly questioning the abductee until their recollection changes to be in line with what he, pre-investigation, suspected to find.  Duh.  Carl Sagan, for instance, has pointed out that Jacobs's methodology is flawed.

Diagnosis: Crazy old dude.  Some people take him seriously, though it is hard to imagine him doing overly much damage except to his interviewees.
I could not have stated it more eloquently.

Jacobs' claims also have no convincing physical evidence, which he persistently attempts to explain away . . .

• If you argue that there is no actual evidence of abductions, no smartphone movies, for example, Jacobs says the aliens are invisible.

• If you suggest spreading flour on the ground to reveal their footprints, he says they float in the air.

• If you then suggest covering them with paint, Jacobs says they are incorporeal, and thus massless.

• If you then suggest using infrared cameras to detect their presence, he says they emit no heat.

• If you ask why scientists have not noticed any human-alien hybrids by now, Jacobs simply says you cannot tell them apart from real humans.

. . . and so on. He counters every physical test you propose with a special explanation of why it will not work.

So how does Jacobs prove the existence of an invisible, floating, massless, cold-blooded being that cannot be otherwise distinguished from a normal human being?

He does not.  You are expected to simply believe his claims as he states them and disregard any fact-based reasons to the contrary.

He wants to do your thinking for you.

Do not let hm.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2023, 11:40 pm

That's a really great ISTJ type response, thanks.

This can be considered a thought-experiment regardless of ultimate soundness, a practice in conjecture rather than merely a "does what I consider authoritative consider this rightthink?"

Last edited by Cornflake on 10 Mar 2023, 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.: Removed a personal attack

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2023, 12:04 am

Iamaparakeet wrote:
That's a really great ISTJ type response, thanks.

This can be considered a thought-experiment regardless of ultimate soundness, a practice in conjecture rather than merely a "does what I consider authoritative consider this rightthink?"
David Michael Jacobs has posited an idea without having produced any valid empirical evidence to support it -- his ideas are pure speculation that do not stand up under serious scrutiny.

Yet, he wants others (you included) to simply believe what he says, and to do so without question -- he is trying to do your thinking for you.  Do not let him.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2023, 5:44 am

So...you're saying that Jacobs is saying that...there are human like beings walking around among us who (1) look just like humans, but (2) act differently than NT humans, but DO act just like aspies/autistics, but (c) unlike even aspies/autistics they have telepathic powers? And these beings are human/alien hybrids?

If you were a half human and half alien hybrid then half of your genome would be alien. And that would be easily detectable. And you would LOOK like it too (i would think). Look half human, and half jellyfish (or half Grey, or half Reptoid, or whatever aliens are supposed to be). :lol:

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2023, 8:16 am

I’ve watched David Jacobs in the past and he says interesting stuff about the alien abduction phenomenon.

I think it’s likely alien abduction is real if only by the odds of other life forms being out there and that they probably are aware of us and pay a visit sometimes.

Sadly I think Jacobs is a victim of his own success and he keeps having at say stuff to remain relevant likely drifting off into things he can’t prove and sound outlandish.

A bit like how Hollywood milks and spoils a great movie franchise by releasing multiple sequels of reducing quality for money, think Star Wars and Terminator here

I certainly don’t think I’m an alien :D

- George Bernie Shaw

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2023, 9:07 pm

carlos55 wrote:
. . . Sadly, I think Jacobs is a victim of his own success and he keeps having at say stuff to remain relevant likely drifting off into things he can’t prove and sound outlandish.

A bit like how Hollywood milks and spoils a great movie franchise by releasing multiple sequels of reducing quality for money, think Star Wars and Terminator here. . .
This makes perfect sense.  Mr. Jacobs probably grew used to being the center of attention as a knowledgeable academic.  Now he is just another retired old man who has grown irrelevant in the academic community and must rely on ever more outrageous claims to receive any attention at all.  Sucks to be him, I guess.

Oh, and I am neither an alien nor an alien hybrid.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

11 Mar 2023, 4:58 am

Aliens probably exist - fine. I am 95% confident that this is the case.

Aliens have probably visited Earth since WWII - almost certainly wrong (I am over 99% confident), but I cannot say for sure. Nonetheless, individual accounts of meeting aliens with no hard evidence can safely be discounted as works of imagination.

Aliens have interbred with humans and produced viable offspring - utterly implausible. It is extremely statistically improbable that another unrelated tree of life capable of making contact with Earth would share the same genetic code as our tree. Aliens would therefore be harder to reproduce with than plants. This is fiction.

Alien-human hybrids are telepathic - obvious fiction. The idea of alien-human hybrids was already too absurd to take seriously. Suggesting that they have superpowers… not something worth taking seriously. There would need to be hard, conclusive evidence for me to consider this anything other than fiction.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 9:54 am

If he is saying that aliens are making whoopie with abducted earthlings and making hybrid babies then thats absurd.

They might be somehow tinkering with our DNA and splicing it into their own in labs...but even thats a stretch because they presumably evolved for billions of years in another solar system so even their molecular blueprints would be radically different from ours - too different to make hybrids. Worse than trying to cross a human with an oak tree.

Though it is tempting to think that some individuals, like Elon Musk, must be part alien.

Last edited by naturalplastic on 11 Mar 2023, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 12:04 pm

Possible that fnord has been paid off by said aliens.
Now they can continue to stealthily take over the world.

He might get a position of prison camp overseer for this act of service.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 12:40 pm

8)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2023, 5:03 pm

David Jacobs must have seen this movie and thought that it was a documentary!

https://youtu.be/UT24AGG2LTc

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 1:33 pm

Are you really sure there’s no aliens among us?

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 1:38 pm

The aliens didn't quite study human anatomy correctly before writing that book

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 1:43 pm

klanka wrote:

Sure, they did. That’s an exact replica of what I looked like when I was pregnant.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 4:43 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
klanka wrote:

Sure, they did. That’s an exact replica of what I looked like when I was pregnant.

Hybrid sapien-reptile confirmed.