Alien Expressions about Stupidity

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

10 Mar 2023, 1:32 pm

"When you say someone is stupid, it means that you consider them to be unintelligent, without judgment, without a mind, scumbag, stupid, or undeveloped. Over time, language has developed many expressions to emphasize stupidity. The only reason seems to be that sometimes it is not enough to categorize a man so simply. It's not enough to call him stupid and that's it, because it seems like it's too little. I have collected some expressions from real life to prove that there are many degrees of stupidity. Some of them at least sound interesting and I'll try to dig them out.

You are a fool and a half. It is the most decent expression to express that someone is dumber than average. It's not so bad, because if it was a very serious thing, the phrase didn't cover half of it. It was built differently, a fool to the tenth power, or simply a fool and three quarters. It could be worse, obviously, but a fool and a half is a half-decent fool, let's face it.

You're a fool to hit the pits. I don't know why, but some people associate stupidity with obstruction. This expression does not express such a serious thing either. Because let's face it, it's not uncommon for your Nike to hit a pothole every now and then. It can happen to anyone and makes me think more in the area of inattention and less of stupidity. You're stupid in the streets, it seems to me that it expresses some deeper degree of stupidity and the expression is constructed somewhat similarly.

You're a sore dumbass. Here things change. The expression is used to say of someone that he is dangerously stupid. Or illegally stupid. So stupid that his stupidity spreads far and wide and can affect those around him in a tragic way. Sore makes you think of explosion, and explosion is most often associated with death. The expression can be broadly replaced with you're stupidly stupid, only it's a little deeper, it also involves those around you.

You are stupid as night. Easy to explain, because stupidity makes you think of darkness. The darkness in the head. Movements in the dark are chaotic, you don't know what you're doing because you can't see, you're slow, unsure and indecisive. Comparisons are very useful when it comes to stupidity, and expressions of this type are not few. Stupid as a tree, stupid as a bear, stupid as a sheep, stupid as a fence and so on. The associations are numerous, all expressing the same idea, the lack of evolution. Wood can't possibly be intelligent, and as much as I love sheep, neither are they. Forgiveness!

You're stupid with cracles. Or with branches, but branches sound more rustic, more from the people back. Furthermore, not only is stupidity associated with wood, but the fact that the idea of a branch is brought to the fore also highlights the extent. The tree has a large crown compared to the trunk, most of the time. Inevitably, when you say someone is stupid with twigs it means that their stupidity grows alarmingly and tends to take up as much space as possible around them.

You're a bunch of stoopid s**t. The pile invariably represents a large amount of objects in one place, possibly stacked on top of each other. The expression in question perfectly emphasizes that stupidity is sedimented in layers, and the recipient has accumulated a lot. Layers. As the Rocky Mountains have accumulated. Slowly but surely. The same idea, but something deeper, can also be expressed by the expression you are a monument of stupidity. I mean, not only are you a bunch of stupid, but your stupidity can be mentioned in the history documents. The potential is huge and there is a real chance that other fools will be making offerings at the base of the monument. To worship you. [If it's Thursday, good luck, it's the shortest day!] Morals: Stupid, but many!"

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2023, 5:13 pm

The words "stupid", "idiot", and "moron" are blunt attacking tools.
I may use that privately when I am triggered.
But I generally prefer terms such as "Ignorant" and "Unenlightened".
I may use "Intellectually/Logically Deficient" if I am in a less than diplomatic mood, but that is very rare.

The wise old skunk has spoken. Image