Would you ever date an extrovert? (MBTI)

Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lil_hippie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Mar 2023, 1:15 am

Have you ever dated someone who was of an Extroverted personality type?

I'm an INFJ and I'm looking for my match, and a lot of people say I would be ideal with an extroverted type of person such as an ENFP, ENTP, or ENFJ. And I agree 100% lol. There are extroverted aspects of my personality, even if I'm very introverted.

Do you prefer to date a fellow introvert?

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 2:01 am

Well I am very extroverted myself.I think i am ENTJ/ENTP/ENFJ mix .I am willing to date any meyer briggs type.I would be fine marrying a introvert even if my wife happens to be introverted.But ideally she would be extrovert.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Mar 2023, 9:01 am

I always get ISTJ on those tests; very strong I & J. That said I try not to define myself nor judge others based on our personality types. What's important is that we get along somewhat & try to understand each other & to compromise. I don't think I'm very compatible with an extrovert because I like spending a lot of time with my partner at home but if one was nice towards me & interested in me when I was single, I woulda tried my best to make it work.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 9:19 am

I probably have an easier time with extroverts in the beginning. As an introverted introvert, I tend to be very shy, so it helps when the other person can carry the conversation until I’m comfortable.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 9:35 am

Twilightprincess wrote:
I probably have an easier time with extroverts in the beginning. As an introverted introvert, I tend to be very shy, so it helps when the other person can carry the conversation until I’m comfortable.

I'm similar, though it's arguable I'm not shy, just quiet. But yeah, I like extroverts for that sort of thing. They can chatter on and I don't have to. I call it a win.

In the long term, I'm fine with them to, so long as they don't expect me to be on the same level with them socially. I'll go to social things with partners here and there, but I can't do it often. I also can't keep up constant interaction at home, so if they don't mind me needing space, it's all good. If they do mind, it won't work. Realistically, I can only give so much and I know it.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 10:39 am

It's not very good cos they will lose interest and talk to other people mostly, ignoring you.

An introvert can lose interest and turn to their hobbies which is better. As that is just two people doing their own thing but also relating.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 12:17 pm

My girlfriend is ENFJ, I am INTJ

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 12:24 pm

I have; would again.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

lil_hippie

12 Mar 2023, 9:53 pm

Texasmoneyman300 wrote:
Well I am very extroverted myself.I think i am ENTJ/ENTP/ENFJ mix .I am willing to date any meyer briggs type.I would be fine marrying a introvert even if my wife happens to be introverted.But ideally she would be extrovert.

ENTJ/ENTP/ENFJ is actually a pretty good mix haha. I wish I was an ENFJ.

lil_hippie

12 Mar 2023, 9:55 pm

klanka wrote:
It's not very good cos they will lose interest and talk to other people mostly, ignoring you.

An introvert can lose interest and turn to their hobbies which is better. As that is just two people doing their own thing but also relating.

I think it depends on the extrovert. There are some extroverts who are not only understanding, but can sense that you, as their introvert friend or spouse is under duress from certain extroverted activities and will go out of their way to stand up for you or take you out of that situation.

Out of curioisty, when it comes to a spouse or friend, would you prefer that they were introverted too?

lil_hippie

12 Mar 2023, 9:58 pm

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

I'm similar, though it's arguable I'm not shy, just quiet. But yeah, I like extroverts for that sort of thing. They can chatter on and I don't have to. I call it a win.

In the long term, I'm fine with them to, so long as they don't expect me to be on the same level with them socially. I'll go to social things with partners here and there, but I can't do it often. I also can't keep up constant interaction at home, so if they don't mind me needing space, it's all good. If they do mind, it won't work. Realistically, I can only give so much and I know it.

That's my favorite part too when you allow an extrovert to carry the social interaction and they love you for it.

I'm surprised you'd be introverted in your own home though, I have not heard that one before. I thought even introverts would be comfortable in their own home to be a little more social.

lil_hippie

12 Mar 2023, 9:59 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:

I envy you. I'm not comfortable with quiet pauses so I feel the need to say or do something to keep an interaction going. But most definitely, if they can carry the conversation for you, that goes a long way.

lil_hippie

12 Mar 2023, 10:02 pm

nick007 wrote:
I always get ISTJ on those tests; very strong I & J. That said I try not to define myself nor judge others based on our personality types. What's important is that we get along somewhat & try to understand each other & to compromise. I don't think I'm very compatible with an extrovert because I like spending a lot of time with my partner at home but if one was nice towards me & interested in me when I was single, I woulda tried my best to make it work.

Good to know. I'm kind of new to this whole MBTI thing. Prior to it, I would just try to find people who I got along with, but longterm those relationships didn't last. So I'm only turning to it now because it'll help me understand myself better, and more importantly, help me read other people better.

I think I'm looking for an extrovert as my next partner, but an understanding one haha.

lil_hippie

12 Mar 2023, 10:03 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
My girlfriend is ENFJ, I am INTJ

You're very lucky. ENFJ's seem to be incredible people.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2023, 11:55 pm

lil_hippie wrote:
That's my favorite part too when you allow an extrovert to carry the social interaction and they love you for it.

I'm surprised you'd be introverted in your own home though, I have not heard that one before. I thought even introverts would be comfortable in their own home to be a little more social.

I am introverted in my own home. It's not that I'm uncomfortable here, I just find people incredibly draining, even ones I care for and like to be around. I require tons of alone time in order to be okay. It's hard to do that when you live with someone. I've had a few ex's live with me over the years. It can be tough to juggle that need for space and the desire to not hurt them from needing that space. Some people roll with it better than others. *shrugs* The best ones are the types who are secure and have a big friend group to rely on so they don't look to me for their sole social interactions. I love independent people. They rock.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 1:59 am

always have, too much is too much also
then you're never allowed to say a thing
...how dare you!! !
-- not a problem one getz here :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :jester: