Any expreinces with 'Tai Chi' programs / meeting new people?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2023, 4:00 pm

I put the topic of 'Tai Chi' classes in the 'Social Skills and Making Friends Forum' - as Tai Chi disiplines may be most effective in social settings, and offer opportunites to acquaint with people.

Is 'Tai Chi' helpful for the Atuism Spectrum?

Example of Tai Chi program - Autism Spectrum https://seacoasttaichi.wordpress.com/ta ... on-autism/

enz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2023, 3:09 pm

any hobby your interested in that you do with other people is a great way to meet people. For a start you have one thing in common, the hobby

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2023, 3:39 pm

My older sister(autism) teaches Tai Chi in Australia. She’s made some lovely friends through both this & through dancing(ballroom/line/square etc). When I lived in Aus, we used to go to aerobics, yoga & play squash/tennis/skate weekly.

lm8
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Mar 2023, 11:58 am

Enjoy doing Tai Chi and have been doing it for several years now. Haven't had much luck meeting friends through it though. With the pandemic, I could no longer take Tai Chi classes at my local library, but was able to find some good classes online to continue to practice.

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2023, 5:40 am

I've found it can be useful for dyspraxia. It's not a cure by any means, but it can help avoid at least some bumps and bruises due to its focus on kinesthetic awareness.

Socially, I couldn't say. I've taken classes in various places, but it was never for the social aspect.