What kind of girls would be attracted to me?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2023, 6:02 pm

rse92 wrote:
It's up to you.

self-motivation is always the missing ingredient. There's no magic bullet. Dating coaches make billions each year but it always boils down to the same thing.

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 9:32 am

Unfortunately for you, men are judged for their wealth and earning income more than women are, and this is especially true starting around your age.

A lot of women when they reach their thirties, they're starting to want to settle down. In their early and mid twenties, they wanted to party and date or hookup with hot guys, but now that they're older, they want to raise a family. So now, many of them are looking for a man with a good job, has his own place, and is capable of raising their children. Do you think women are going to want to settle down with a man who has a part time job, can't drive, and lives with his parents? The answer is no.

Now if you were a woman, you would be able to get away with this a little more, especially in traditional societies. This is also the reason why autistic women are less likely to struggle with dating, but only on the condition that they are attractive. If a woman is ugly or flat out obese, she's still going to struggle finding a man. But you're not a woman, and there's nothing you can do about that.

You already know what you need to do to increase your chances of finding love.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 7:51 pm

Muse933277 wrote:
You already know what you need to do to increase your chances of finding love.

> $100,000/yr certainly is a prerequisite

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 8:46 pm

I will point out that most places on the West Coast are in excess of men, so women can afford to be picky and probably still have quality options without necessarily needing to make the most of what they're bringing to the relationship.

It's pretty much always going to be good dating advice to make yourself the best you can be, and hopefully somebody that you would still genuinely like even if it doesn't get you any dates. But, moving from an area with an excess number of men to one with an excess number of women would make it significantly easier. It's tough to make use of that without a fulltime job and/or family in the areas where the men moved from to over-saturate the West Coast dating market.

There's always matchmakers, but again, if you haven't done the work to make yourself the best version of you, then it's still going to be a tough go and probably settling for whatever you can get.

I wouldn't personally recommend anybody on the spectrum go the foreign spouse route unless they're very sure they know what the social rules they're getting themselves into are. Having a foreign S.O. opens up a ton of ways in which good intentions can go awry and it can be very difficult to know if you've got effective communication going on. What can seem like a language or cultural barrier can be just be somebody that's really ugly on the inside. (Obviously it can also work out really well, but if you don't know the other culture or spend the time to know, it's a roll of the dice with your life)

SarahBea
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Apr 2023, 2:01 pm

One thing I find useful when I have a problem is to imagine what I would say to a friend who would have the same problem.

The only way to know who would find you attractive is by asking people if they find you attractive. Actually one consistent thing that people find attractive is confidence. This is difficult for me so I can understand why it might be difficult for you. I am not good at expressing myself so sorry if I say something offensive, but try to find people who share your interests and ask them to spend more time with you. If you're attracted to them then say "would you like to go on a date sometime?" - the worst that will happen is that you will not get a date, which you would not have got anyway.

Maybe only 1% of women will be prepared to go out with you. If that's the case then you need to ask out a hundred women. The first few rejections will probably hurt, but then they will hurt less. Think of each rejection as a stepping stone towards finding the right person.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2023, 3:44 pm

SarahBea wrote:
One thing I find useful when I have a problem is to imagine what I would say to a friend who would have the same problem.

The only way to know who would find you attractive is by asking people if they find you attractive. Actually one consistent thing that people find attractive is confidence. This is difficult for me so I can understand why it might be difficult for you. I am not good at expressing myself so sorry if I say something offensive, but try to find people who share your interests and ask them to spend more time with you. If you're attracted to them then say "would you like to go on a date sometime?" - the worst that will happen is that you will not get a date, which you would not have got anyway.

Maybe only 1% of women will be prepared to go out with you. If that's the case then you need to ask out a hundred women. The first few rejections will probably hurt, but then they will hurt less. Think of each rejection as a stepping stone towards finding the right person.

This is true, although it is important to recognize that what women say they want isn't necessarily always what they respond to. In the same way that there's a bunch of guys that are too gutless to admit that they don't actually want to bed every single woman in the bar, just the ones that they click with and are hoping to never have to go through the process again.

That was really the bit that confused me almost as much as my inability to tell when a woman was flirting with me versus just being friendly. I still haven't found a good way of telling what a woman is going to respond to other than just trying and handling it with as much dignity as I can.

I never had a chance to try it, but I do think that having a wing woman would be helpful, especially for those of us here who might struggle to know which women are wanting us to approach and which ones aren't.