For you audio/visual and digital Creatives, what do you use?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

lil_hippie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Mar 2023, 4:01 pm

I use Ableton Live, Kontakt, and Logic Pro to make music.

And for visual stuff, I'm learning After Effects, Blender, and Unreal Engine, along with a host of other apps to make visual content, from car design to movies.

What programs do you all use, and what equipment do you use? How do you like it?

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2023, 1:56 pm

lil_hippie wrote:
I use Ableton Live, Kontakt, and Logic Pro to make music.

And for visual stuff, I'm learning After Effects, Blender, and Unreal Engine, along with a host of other apps to make visual content, from car design to movies.

What programs do you all use, and what equipment do you use? How do you like it?

For music I mostly plotz around with MixCraft 9 Pro. I'm pretty happy with it. It's a little less "friendly" than Ableton, but it's also fairly powerful. For equipment: Akai MPK Mini and MPD 218 Midi input devices (mini-piano and drum pads). Korg Kaossilator synth / loop station and Kaoss Pad KP3 sample station. Alesis Nitro Mesh electronic drum kit. Behringer UC404 4-channel mixer / USB audio interface. Guitar and bass. Couple of mics.

For animation I've been trying to learn a program called Moho Animation Studio 13 Pro. I'm still learning it, and it's the only such program I've used, so I can't really compare it to anything.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2023, 2:11 pm

Audacity and FL Studio for music.
I think FL Studio includes a tool that would replace Audacity, if only I'd bother to learn to use it. :jester:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う