Page 14 of 43 [ 675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 43  Next

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2023, 9:37 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
Quote:
They underline bible quotes that carry on about how women should submit to their men.

I’ve experienced that one! A real winner. :roll:

Can we actually delete those parts of the Bible? I feel like leaving them in, even if ununderlined is giving an authoritative endorsement to those parts.

A lot of people think that the Bible is the perfect word of God. They would find it sacrilegious to remove portions of it. It would be akin to deleting something that came directly from God in their eyes. Some people avoid passages or Bible books entirely and stick with the nicer bits.

old_comedywriter
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2023, 9:56 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
What are some red flags that you’ve seen, experienced, or exhibited ( :lol: ) when it comes to dating/romance/whatever? What are some things to watch out for for the oblivious among us?

Apparently, me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2023, 6:16 pm

Constantly bemoaning the fact that they cannot get a date.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2023, 7:43 pm

- is paranoid that he'll be "framed" for a local, unsolved, violent crime from 7+ years ago because local law enforcement doesn't like him because of serious shenanigans he got away with but won't admit to. He's probably as guilty of it as the other crime that he got away with because it fits in key ways. I suspect his days in liberty are numbered based on new findings.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 10:06 am

Explains your own behaviors to you.
Does not respect boundaries

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 3:21 pm

Fnord wrote:
• Claims Trump won the 2019 election.

• Claims vaccines cause autism or that they contain nanochips.

• Denies the existence of COVID-19.

• Claims the MAGA coup attempt on 2020/01/06 never happened.

• Gaslights your factual observations.

• Reacts to your compliments as insults.

• Indecisive yet criticizes your decisions.

• Accuses you of things you have never done or said.

• Claims to know what you are thinking.

That's a great summary!

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 4:28 pm

- sends a dick pic, is very pushy about sex talk, and says that your shirt is "unflattering" on you all on the same day. Now he's a higher up in my former church. That sounds about right.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 4:29 pm

You got a dick pic from a church person, or did I just read that wrong while drilling sharp implements into my eyes?

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 4:34 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
You got a dick pic from a church person, or did I just read that wrong while drilling sharp implements into my eyes?

Yep, one of them sent me a dick pic. Young, horny guys who think that masturbating is wrong and that it's a wife's responsibility to fulfill her man's sexual needs are prone to weird, entitled behavior in my experience. Thinking that women are subordinate doesn't help, either. I've experienced a lot of weirdness from religious men.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 5:06 pm

Jeezus. 8O

I'm not surprised but yeah, it's disgusting.

I'm so glad you've distanced yourself from those freaks.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2023, 5:10 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Jeezus. 8O

I'm not surprised but yeah, it's disgusting.

I'm so glad you've distanced yourself from those freaks.

It's interesting because they're so self-righteous, but they're not any better than anyone else. It could certainly be argued that they're even worse although I have no numbers to go by.

Having seen Women Talking, it's made me think about other communities in my area and the things I've heard about them. Just because stuff doesn't get reported and seems less common doesn't mean it is.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2023, 4:39 pm

They see Joker and Harley as relationship goals. :nerdy:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2023, 4:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2023, 4:55 pm

An equal partnership is key whether a couple is trying to save the world or dominate it. :jester:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Jul 2023, 11:44 pm

I just thought of another red flag for me~ Requires me to part of her religion or for me to fake being religious for her family. It's fine with me if she's religious as long as she accepts that I'm not.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2023, 11:58 pm

My red flag is called Boyfriend Secrets.

That means if there are things about my partner I wouldn't want to tell anyone else because I'd experience personal shame, there's a problem. This doesn't mean I'd go around telling their basic personal or private information. I'm referring to big secrets like domestic violence, lies, hidden drug use, criminal activity, a sexual interest in children, abusive or coercive sex, neglect, emotional abuse, animal abuse, gaslighting, etc. If there's something so weird or unpalatable that I need to keep it a secret from others because I know they'd tell me to run, I'll run.