Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Mar 2023, 9:12 pm

SO Today I was diagnosed again for the 2nd time because when i was younger my mom threw away my diagnosis because she didn't know or believe in autism or that it would mean or help me anyway in my life.
on the note, my life has been utter hell.
about a month ago my ex-partner broke up with me, he said he's autistic too and would tell me not to mask but then told me I didn't enjoy things or he couldn't make me happy.

Has anyone ever told you to take your mask down only to shame you when it seems like you're miserable all the time when you don't smile? and not respected your personal alone time aka push you to be social?

he really hurt my feelings and I will never trust anyone again when they tell me to not mask. He acts like I don't even exist anymore...

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2023, 10:00 pm

Wow, it must've been tough for you Chloe. :(

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2023, 2:23 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2023, 2:27 pm

I'm sorry to hear that.
Welcome aboard.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2023, 2:48 pm

Welcome to WP! I hope this planet works better for you than the previous one.

I've not had many true romantic partners. It wasn't until I was 45 that I married (by that point, I had given up and I was very surprised when I did find a "keeper" that also wanted to keep me). Previous relationships were brief, scarce, and shallow.

However, I still managed to be unhappy a lot, but in my case it was work. I am so happy I am retired!

I hope you find some comfort here on WP. I do have a recommendation, however. If a thread here bothers you a lot that does not mean you should leave the planet...just leave that thread.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2023, 3:36 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2023, 5:52 pm

glad you are with us, you are not alone here. Sorry you are going through a rough time right now, hope things get better for you. Glad you found us!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Mar 2023, 11:54 pm

Hello Chloe. I'm so sorry for what you've been through. Can't say I've experienced what you did. Maybe this group will be a saving grace for you or at least get you on the path to one. Welcome

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2023, 11:24 am

101010, this is an interesting thread.

First things first - Welcome to Wrong Planet.

You have every right in the world to not hide behind your mask. The world may hate you for it, but you have that right to be yourself.

I have asperger's syndrome. I am different. I am 74 years old but I have the mind of a child - a very, very, very smart child. And I have learned to just live my life that way. I DO NOT MASK. Never have and never will. It is my right. I am like PETER PAN.

The interesting thing is that living your life that way, opens up a wide world to you. It gives you the ability to recognize the truth. It can make you very mentally strong. It generally won't make you any friends. But you can live your life as the real you.

I did an interesting test a few years ago. I bought a pair of special one way glasses and wore them in public whenever I left the house. I do not make one on one eye contact. I always look a little to one side. Most NTs can spot this within a second or less and automatically assume I AM FALSE. So by wearing these special glasses, I observed something really rather interesting. When I wore these glasses, many people treated me just like any other NT in the world. Strangers came up to me in the streets and began casual conversations with me. They could not see my eyes and just automatically assumed I was an NT.

What a strange world we live in. Anyways, welcome to Wrong Planet.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 9:41 am

Welcome to Wrong Planet, I hope your able to find some serenity.

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

27 Mar 2023, 3:39 pm

Welcome to the WP Terra; is overrated anyway