When the mask slips (plus can you tell when you're masking?)

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2023, 9:18 pm

Generally I think I mask pretty well. But sometimes I get very talkative and it just feels awkward and I'm like (me to myself) "omg, stop, you're making this weird", but I don't know how to stop if that makes sense? Like tonight at work I commented on the brand of ice cream a customer bought and told her "oh, I've been to their factory", and proceeded to tell her all about it and went on for a bit before realizing she wasn't saying anything and therefore was not interested. But it would have been odd to stop in the middle of talking, too?

Soooo, yeah.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

Dengashinobi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2023, 6:44 am

colliegrace wrote:
Generally I think I mask pretty well. But sometimes I get very talkative and it just feels awkward and I'm like (me to myself) "omg, stop, you're making this weird", but I don't know how to stop if that makes sense? Like tonight at work I commented on the brand of ice cream a customer bought and told her "oh, I've been to their factory", and proceeded to tell her all about it and went on for a bit before realizing she wasn't saying anything and therefore was not interested. But it would have been odd to stop in the middle of talking, too?

Soooo, yeah.

Lucky you that you can mask. I can't mask at all. I just expect others to find me weird and brace for possible bullies arround the corner.