Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2023, 7:15 pm

King Charles knights Brian May, of rock group Queen, at Buckingham Palace

Quote:
King Charles III knighted Brian May, co-founder of the rock group Queen, during a Tuesday investiture ceremony at Buckingham Palace, the royal family announced. In addition to his fame as a rock guitarist, May is also an astrophysicist.

May, now formally known as Sir Brian May, was made a Knight Bachelor for his services to music and charity. Saxophonist YolanDa Brown was also honored at the Tuesday ceremony.

he rocker made King Charles' U.K. New Year Honours List at the end of 2022. The Investiture ceremony, which is when someone awarded an honor receives it in person from a member of the royal family, was held Tuesday.

"I will do my very best to be worthy," May said after he was named to the list.

Tuesday wasn't May's first trip to Buckingham Palace. In 2002, he performed "God Save the Queen" from the palace roof during a celebration of Queen Elizabeth II's Golden Jubilee. He also attended a Music Day at the palace in 2005. That same year, May was appointed as a Commander of the Order of the British Empire.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

lostproperty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2023, 7:43 am

I used to watch "The Sky at Night" every month when Patrick Moore presented it, who May was friends with and he did make a few appearances on the show. One of the other guests, who was much his senior and probably didn't know who he was, remarked that Brian looked like Isaac Newton.
I've always been indifferent to Queen, but he comes across as a very nice guy and I'm pleased for him.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 12:30 pm

Cool. Kinda lame this article says he was knighted for his charity work but doesn’t say what charity work he’s done. Must be a lot to get knighted, but still.. crap article.