Worried that I'll never have my first kiss

Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2023, 6:14 pm

Annoyingly, I can't stop thinking about it either. I wish I could switch such thoughts off. Sometimes I wish I were aroace instead. It's difficult living rurally and being gay. My plan is to move to the city. I don't like where I am. Still, that's easier said than done.

bottleblank
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Mar 2023, 10:24 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
Annoyingly, I can't stop thinking about it either. I wish I could switch such thoughts off. Sometimes I wish I were aroace instead. It's difficult living rurally and being gay. My plan is to move to the city. I don't like where I am. Still, that's easier said than done.

Completely understand wishing you could turn it off. It's a drag, isn't it? I appreciate the problem with living rurally too, it can be really difficult to find people you might connect with.

I'd say something more encouraging, but I'm a straight bloke, so I don't know if that would help much.

You've got time on your side though, so there's that. Good luck.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 3:51 am

Lost_dragon wrote:

Didn't you make a similar type of thread before?

Yes, moving to "the big smoke" will increase your chances of getting a genuine first kiss.
There will be numerous gay connection venues.
Eazy peazy. 8)

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 4:24 am

Pepe wrote:
Didn't you make a similar type of thread before?

*Thinks back to my 'what was your first kiss like?" and "I don't know how anyone dates these days" threads. *Remembers my posts in 'rants' and 'what's on your mind?'

Damn. Who knew I was such a predictable dragon? Certainly backs up the whole I can't stop thinking about it, huh? :P

Answer: Yes I did but this was unintentional.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 4:32 am

SEK93
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Mar 2023, 4:54 pm

I remember my first kiss. I was 26, had hopes and dreams of moving away somewhere to be with the younger crowd. That never happened so I stuck around, got introduced to a friend, went on a date, and had my first kiss several weeks after that. It was like magic.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 5:26 pm

It's difficult to know where to start with the whole gaining independence and moving to the city goal. Finding a driving instructor that's available to take on new students is tricky. I've tried contacting a couple of different instructors so far but no luck. Guess I'll have to keep trying everywhere until I find somewhere. Or perhaps I ought to book my theory test first. That's a long waiting list as well.

amykitten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Mar 2023, 5:42 pm

Get a job in a city and just move. I wouldn't recommend driving in a city as they are bringing out all these clean driving zones and city driving is terrible at the best of times. I live in Bristol and will happily use the ring road and avoid the centre as much as possible, or use a bus or take a taxi.

If you do a remote job then its purely just finding a place to fit your budget. The North is a lot cheaper.

Honestly just research and go.

As for my first kiss I was 7 in the school playground with a boy two years above me.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 7:05 pm

Unfortunately my job isn't remote. I don't like my job though and would gladly find somewhere else. Unfortunately job hunting is a tricky business.

Yeah, whenever I have gone down South, I have noticed how much more expensive it can be compared to the North. Although there are some pricey areas in the North as well.

Driving does seem to be an important life skill. Especially when our trains are so undependable. The amount of times I have gone to the city on a night out only for three train services to cancel unexpectedly... ugh. Taxis are an option but they don't like going out of their way when it's late. That's another reason I want to move. So I can go out without running the risk of getting stuck - I often have to leave early and abruptly.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2023, 8:35 am

I'm worried that I'LL never get my self at least a girlfriend. :(

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Mar 2023, 5:21 pm

I just want to mention the hilarious thing that people steal kisses.

As a straight guy I could be infatuated with a girl trying to win her over and and another guy can come up and grab her and kiss her just to be funny or make me mad.

Women do it to guys too. They just sneak up and kiss them.

I don’t guess that helps but it was funny back in the day.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2023, 6:38 pm

^ I wouldn’t consider that hilarious. At this point of my life, if a guy “stole” a kiss from me, I’d punch him in the face, knee him in the balls, or both. It would depend on my mood. :ninja:

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 2:37 pm

Yup. Consent is important folks.

*sigh* I really wanted to just walk out of work today. Just... get up and walk out with no explanation. It's exhausting. I'm exhausted. Took all of my willpower to stop myself.

The sooner I leave this place... my work, the area itself... the better.

:tired:

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 2:05 pm

I've given up with dating apps and deleted them all. Time to continue job hunting. At least I have two friend hang outs planned coming up soon. 8)

The first is a video game convention / quiz night. As for the second... either golf or an escape room. The plan is still forming. Looking forward to it though, whatever the plan ends up being.

Spring makes things easier. I always feel worse in the winter. Hopefully I can start getting myself in gear now.

JimJohn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Mar 2023, 2:54 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
Yup. Consent is important folks.

*sigh* I really wanted to just walk out of work today. Just... get up and walk out with no explanation. It's exhausting. I'm exhausted. Took all of my willpower to stop myself.

The sooner I leave this place... my work, the area itself... the better.

:tired:

The whole you can kiss me now stuff is not for me. Good luck with that.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 4:02 pm

I don't think asking everytime you kiss someone is realistic, but definitely ask the first time.