Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 8:55 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
Actually I recall that someone did the math once. Something like one or two percent of the population is convinced that it gets "abducted" on a regular basis. And each abduction is both labor and capital intensive (involves a space ship and many grey personnel ). And ...it all adds up. So if the aliens follow standard labor laws -give their folks off on weekends, and so forth, someone calculated it would take a city of millions to do it all. A big mother ship indeed! Cant remember where I heard it. So I cant find it on the Net.

The latest conspiracies suggest the Americans built underground cities to house abductees nearby Area 51

I dont follow.

you're saying that OUR human earth government houses earthlings who have been abducted by...space aliens?

That doesnt even have internal logic.

Or are you saying that our government itself stages fake alien abductions by pretending to be aliens (like what Pepe seems to be saying)? And that they do this staging in these underground cities? I know that either way its not YOUR opinion- you're saying that that is what other folks say. But which thing are you saying that these conspiracy theorists are saying?

Oh, you haven't heard of Dulce
https://www.discovery.com/exploration/S ... New-Mexico

And I thought that the Skinwalker Ranch was something to gawk at! 8O :lol:

Still not clear...so...our government started this underground base/city thing. But then the aliens took it over and commandeered it from us Earthlings?

I was thinking that maybe the government started it, and kept a small subset of abductees there. Housed them in comfort, but used them as bait to see if the aliens tried to keep on abducting the same people. Or used these abductees as research subjects....to grill them about the aliens who abducted/continue to abduct them, and maybe screen their clothing for...alien paper clips, alien bacteria, and of course examine their bodies for those alien implants (devices that they put in us to keep track of us...basically alien high tech version of 'tags' we put on wildlife).

I am sure neither of you guys have heard of "Occam's Razer". <joke> :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 10:26 pm

Pepe wrote:

Occam's razor < scientific method

The scientific method has a principle that if no other suitable alternative can explain a phenomena then that phenomena requires further investigation.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 10:33 pm

cyberdad wrote:
So Dulce is a conspiracy but a popular one.

The narrative (so the story goes) is that aliens met with President Truman and came up with a negotiated settlement whereby they could use an underground base to use abducted earthlings for their experiments and in return they would provide the Americans with alien tech.

This is supposed to explain the exponential rise in computer chips in the 1960s, high tech engine and jet development, space travel and miniaturisation of computers to the point that our current hand held devices literally can control everything. All this in a span of several decades.

Never heard that conspiracy theory before. You really know your paranoia.

"How are things in ...paranoia.....?"

Sung to this tune:

https://youtu.be/I4v0B-oHsGk

Last edited by naturalplastic on 29 Mar 2023, 11:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 10:35 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:

The scientific method has a principle that if no other suitable alternative can explain a phenomena then that phenomena requires further investigation.

Most ppl believe the simpler hypothesis/theory/explanation is probably the correct one, but meh. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 10:37 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

The narrative (so the story goes) is that aliens met with President Truman and came up with a negotiated settlement whereby they could use an underground base to use abducted earthlings for their experiments and in return they would provide the Americans with alien tech.

This is supposed to explain the exponential rise in computer chips in the 1960s, high tech engine and jet development, space travel and miniaturisation of computers to the point that our current hand held devices literally can control everything. All this in a span of several decades.

naturalplastic wrote:
Never heard that conspiracy theory. You really know your paranoia.

"How are things in ...paranoia.....?"

Ignore his Alien conspiracy nonsense.
Let's talk about "Electronic Harassment", shall we? 8)

Last edited by Pepe on 30 Mar 2023, 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 10:38 pm

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:

Most ppl believe the simpler hypothesis/theory/explanation is probably the correct one, but meh. 8)

Even Occam's razor doesnt apply anyway. Even a "joke" has to make sense dude.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 12:40 am

If it's a joke then why are taxpayers funding the head of astronomy in Harvard to investigate a crashed UFO in PNG near Australia?
https://au.news.yahoo.com/22-m-mission- ... 33703.html

This is all I am saying. The scientific method allows for investigation of unknown phenomena. Just because the idea/principle of alien life visiting earth is labelled unscientific doesn't mean investigating the nature of unknown phenomenon is unscientific or a crackpot conspiracy.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 12:41 am

Pepe wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Start your own thread

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 3:53 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

Start your own thread

:mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 3:55 am

cyberdad wrote:
If it's a joke then why are taxpayers funding the head of astronomy in Harvard to investigate a crashed UFO in PNG near Australia?

This is all I am saying. The scientific method allows for investigation of unknown phenomena. Just because the idea/principle of alien life visiting earth is labelled unscientific doesn't mean investigating the nature of unknown phenomenon is unscientific or a crackpot conspiracy.

I simply believe there are "easier" explanations.

"Let us agree to disagree." 8)

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 4:59 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Dude...you're a punchline come to life.

Higher up in the thread I was gonna quip that "the paranoids are all out to get me!" :lol:

(get it? The conspiracy theorists are all conspiring with each other... to get ME! Making me 'paranoid squared')

But then you jumped in and said...what amounts to the very same thing...except I was just joking, and you're dead serious!

That these crazy theories about aliens are a ruse to cover up...your own crazy theory!

FYI: Occam's Razor means that "the simplest explanation that explains all of the evidence is usually the right explanation."

Your notion that "the government" is going around and grabbing folks and torturing them in their sleep is no less complex/preposterous/contrived than saying aliens are doing it(if not more so). So Occam is NOT your friend, dude!

So stop trying to recruit him! Leave the poor ol' philosopher alone! :lol:

And I agree with Cyber (even though he is more of a UFO believer, and Im more tongue in cheek about it)that you ought to start your own thread if you wanna expound upon your government torture theory.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 5:09 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Dude...you're a punchline come to life.

Higher up in the thread I was gonna quip that "the paranoids are all out to get me!" :lol:

(get it? The conspiracy theorists are all conspiring with each other... to get ME! Making me 'paranoid squared')

But then you jumped in and said...what amounts to the very same thing...except I was just joking, and you're dead serious!

That these crazy theories about aliens are a ruse to cover up...your own crazy theory!

FYI: Occam's Razor means that "the simplest explanation that explains all of the evidence is usually the right explanation."

Your notion that "the government" is going around and grabbing folks and torturing them in their sleep is no less complex/preposterous/contrived than saying aliens are doing it(if not more so). So Occam is NOT your friend, dude!

So stop trying to recruit him! Leave the poor ol' philosopher alone! :lol:

And I agree with Cyber (even though he is more of a UFO believer, and Im more tongue in cheek about it)that you ought to start your own thread if you wanna expound upon your government torture theory.

Dood, why are you taking things so seriously?
And, I already have: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=392238&hilit=pepe%27s+gang+stalking#p8653006

Touretter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Mar 2023, 10:38 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Another explanation, and one that can actually be documented, would be "Operation Paperclip" , in which scientists , among others of interest, were brought over from Germany, following World War 2. The Soviet Union also acquired such Third Reich era technological research. So other countries, such as Russia, or perhaps even China, might have developed their own devices. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/air-space-magazine/the-rest-of-the-rocket-scientists-4376617/

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2023, 12:05 am

Touretter wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Another explanation, and one that can actually be documented, would be "Operation Paperclip" , in which scientists , among others of interest, were brought over from Germany, following World War 2. The Soviet Union also acquired such Third Reich era technological research. So other countries, such as Russia, or perhaps even China, might have developed their own devices. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/air-space-magazine/the-rest-of-the-rocket-scientists-4376617/

I am in your camp...
Or you're in mine...
Whatever... 8)

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2023, 3:43 am

Touretter wrote:
Another explanation, and one that can actually be documented, would be "Operation Paperclip" , in which scientists , among others of interest, were brought over from Germany, following World War 2. The Soviet Union also acquired such Third Reich era technological research. So other countries, such as Russia, or perhaps even China, might have developed their own devices.

Yes I am familiar with operation paperclip (watched plenty of documentaries on Von Braun and other ex Nazi scientists) and how Stalin took scientists for Russia to also develop space and missile research. Could type several pages on the topic infact.

There was a weird NASA video streamed from the space shuttle several years ago (perhaps almost a decade) which showed the usual orb type light hovering over the earth's atmosphere, What made the video stream interesting was that it showed the orb stop mid flight and then turn 180 degrees and speed off followed a split second later by what appears to be some type of missile aimed at the exact spot the object was prior to speeding off.
Secondly that it wasn't immediately deleted by NASA :lol: .

NASA made some lame claim that it was a ice crystal and that it moved due to booster rockets (or something to that effect) which didn't fly because the object was miles away from shuttle and not sure how shuttle thrust could emerge from the earths atmosphere while the shuttle was above the atmosphere :roll:

I am inclined to think the technology emerging from paperclip gave rise to interstellar ballistic missiles that have the capacity to hit targets in space. We already know the Americans have this technology now
https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa ... fense-test

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2023, 3:52 am

cyberdad wrote:
Touretter wrote:
Another explanation, and one that can actually be documented, would be "Operation Paperclip" , in which scientists , among others of interest, were brought over from Germany, following World War 2. The Soviet Union also acquired such Third Reich era technological research. So other countries, such as Russia, or perhaps even China, might have developed their own devices.

Yes I am familiar with operation paperclip (watched plenty of documentaries on Von Braun and other ex Nazi scientists) and how Stalin took scientists for Russia to also develop space and missile research. Could type several pages on the topic infact.

There was a weird NASA video streamed from the space shuttle several years ago (perhaps almost a decade) which showed the usual orb type light hovering over the earth's atmosphere, What made the video stream interesting was that it showed the orb stop mid flight and then turn 180 degrees and speed off followed a split second later by what appears to be some type of missile aimed at the exact spot the object was prior to speeding off.
Secondly that it wasn't immediately deleted by NASA :lol: .

NASA made some lame claim that it was a ice crystal and that it moved due to booster rockets (or something to that effect) which didn't fly because the object was miles away from shuttle and not sure how shuttle thrust could emerge from the earths atmosphere while the shuttle was above the atmosphere :roll:

I am inclined to think the technology emerging from paperclip gave rise to interstellar ballistic missiles that have the capacity to hit targets in space. We already know the Americans have this technology now
https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa ... fense-test

In regard to video evidence:
Have you heard the term "Deep Fake"?
Of course, you have. ;)