Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2023, 1:08 pm

I dreamt that we were getting invaded by Russia and people didn’t seem overly concerned about it. I woke up with a panic attack.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2023, 1:28 pm

I dreamed I went on Wrong Planet and everyone was laughing and having a good time, without any trolling.

It was so sad to wake up.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2023, 3:21 am

Two nights ago I dreamt I pissed blood, got tested, and found out I had stage 3 Prostate cancer and rapidly approaching stage 4 leaving me only a day and a half to live. Dream Time blew all that by and forced me to live out the process of dying.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2023, 6:14 am

Aspiegaming wrote:
Two nights ago I dreamt I pissed blood, got tested, and found out I had stage 3 Prostate cancer and rapidly approaching stage 4 leaving me only a day and a half to live. Dream Time blew all that by and forced me to live out the process of dying.

8O

Maybe...you oughta ...get checked out by the doc in real life...just to make sure.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

28 May 2023, 7:13 am

Aspiegaming wrote:

This dream intensely dramatizes not just a concern for health but a stark existential anxiety about mortality. The act of urinating blood represents a perceived disruption of your normative physical state, abruptly evolving into a life-threatening diagnosis. This might reflect deep-seated fears about unnoticed, underlying issues that might be developing without your awareness.

The swift transition in dream time, from diagnosis to impending death, amplifies the existential anxiety about life's fleeting and uncontrollable nature. It might represent your internal grappling with the pace of your life, a sense of unpreparedness for the challenges you're facing, or a feeling of not being able to fully live or achieve specific ambitions.

The experience of living through the dying process represents a direct confrontation with death, forcing you to engage with the ultimate existential concern. It can be an attempt by your subconscious to make peace with the inevitability of mortality, reflecting a struggle between fear and acceptance.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

21 Jun 2023, 11:50 am

Nobody has shared a dream, so I will analyse my own and share it for some reason.

Dreaming of Bowie: My Thoughts

Scene I: A Theatrical Dream Sequence

The following is an account of a dream involving David Bowie. After the dream's description, I've also attempted an analysis, hoping to shed some light on its potential meanings within the context of my personal life and our shared cultural moment.

In the dream, I'm in a space that's a mashup of my local cinema and a theatre. My girlfriend and I are there to see David Bowie perform, it's the present day, and he's in his thirties.

As Bowie's performance became more avant-garde, a woman to my left began to talk loudly on her phone. The conversation was mundane and distracting. Not long after, more individuals start to chat and have phone conversations—the theatre fills with voices that drown out Bowie's performance. I feel a mixture of annoyance and embarrassment at being part of the audience and for Bowie. I also became aware that I had been resting my head on my girlfriend's shoulder throughout this, and I started to feel self-conscious that perhaps I wasn't paying enough attention.

Bowie, however, didn't continue to compete with the noise. Instead, he ceases his performance and sits at the front of the stage—his silent stare an unspoken judgment on the audience, making the noise gradually taper off.

Next, I found myself in a smaller backstage room. Bowie was there with fewer audience members, asking us why we'd stopped paying attention. A man dressed like Bowie suggests that he needs to be more entertaining and less experimental. The man appeared to be unaware of his own image's origin.

A baby starts piercingly crying from inside its pram. But my girlfriend quickly comforted the baby with a Bowie album cover featuring a dog, perhaps a nod to Diamond Dogs, and a two-pronged fork. The baby calms down and somehow manages to walk away.

My girlfriend then shared a thought with Bowie: "Where the legs go, so too will the rest of the body." Bowie seemed to be impressed by her wisdom.

Suddenly, we are back in the theatre. Bowie reemerged onto a now bigger, yellow-lit stage and sang one line before disappearing backstage. At first, I was concerned that he had heeded the advice of the pseudo-Bowie, but then a troupe of dancers pranced onto the stage. They were flamboyantly mundane, much like the 'Vulva' act from the sitcom 'Spaced.'

It became clear that Bowie wouldn't be returning, and this banal spectacle was all we would get. I thought to myself, "Fair enough, Bowie. Fair enough."

Scene II: Deciphering the Dream

The blended setting of a cinema and theatre signifies a transitional space, underlining the shift in societal norms for audience engagement - transitioning from active, engrossed participation to a more passive, often distracted mode of consumption. This amalgamated setting signifies more than just the transformation of our media landscape. It mirrors the ubiquitous presence of media in our daily lives, reflecting the dreamer's real-world experiences.

For the dreamer, the representation of a youthful David Bowie is an emblem of a past era and starkly contrasts the present-day, distraction-laden media consumption patterns. Instead of a retreat, Bowie's silent sit-in amidst disturbances during his performance critiques the emerging norms of modern spectatorship, unveiling an internal conflict within the dreamer. The dreamer's feelings of embarrassment and self-awareness point towards a discomfort with this societal shift and a recognition of his potential role in these changes.

The introduction and advice offered by the pseudo-Bowie emphasize an emerging societal trend that tends to neglect or misconstrue its cultural heritage. This character embodies the societal shift towards favouring the new and instantly gratifying over more complex, thought-provoking art forms, such as Bowie's more avant-garde pieces, which demand deeper engagement.

A significant persona in this dream is the dreamer's girlfriend. With the Bowie album cover, she soothes the crying baby, demonstrating a seamless navigation between past and present. Her ability to employ an artefact from a bygone era to address a current issue exemplifies the dreamer's ideal of striking a balance between reverence for the past and adaptation to contemporary societal changes. Her wisdom also impresses Bowie, underscoring her ability to engage with both past and present effectively.

The conclusion of the dream, marked by Bowie's departure and the entry of flamboyant dancers, symbolizes the dreamer's reluctant acceptance of the shift in performance style and audience engagement. It critiques the perceived depreciation in the authenticity of performance and respectful audience engagement, coupled with feelings of resignation and a keen sense of loss.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 5:25 pm

Okay, here's a weird one.
I dreamt I was at the Valley Mall and they opened up a Target store. Every now and then, the mall had to be evacuated because Target kept catching on fire. I went to investigate and found out people were piling up big black garbage bags full of dirty laundry against the store windows and setting them on fire.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

30 Jun 2023, 12:58 pm

In your dream, you're in a mall, which is typically a symbol of opportunities, choices, and desires, as it represents a location where you can find almost anything you want.

The Target store could mean different things. It could be a literal representation if you have a strong connection to Target in your life. Alternatively, considering the word "target", it could be a symbol for a goal or objective you're trying to reach.

The recurring element of fire in your dream can symbolize various aspects. Fire might represent destruction, but it can also symbolize transformation and purification. The fact that Target keeps catching fire could represent recurring challenges or disruptions in achieving your objectives or an ongoing process of transformation that seems to keep restarting.

The large black garbage bags filled with dirty laundry could be a significant element in your dream as well. Typically, dirty laundry represents things you might feel ashamed of or want to keep hidden from others. The act of piling these bags against the store and setting them on fire could symbolize attempts to eliminate these negative or undesirable aspects of your life.

Taking all of this together, your dream may indicate feelings of recurring obstacles (represented by the fires) in your path to achieving your goals (represented by the Target). These obstacles may be due to unresolved personal issues or negative aspects of your life (the dirty laundry) that you're trying to hide or get rid of (symbolized by the garbage bags and the act of setting them on fire). However, these seem to be causing continual disturbances.

Of course, everything I just said might be way off. After all, dreams are very personal, and the stuff in them often means something special to the dreamer. So, it can be a real challenge to decode them using just general analysis.