Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

19 Mar 2023, 5:55 am

I'd genuinely enjoy hearing about any interesting dreams you've had, especially the more intricate ones. Dreams can be quite personal and puzzling, but I'd like to help you uncover possible meanings. While it's not always necessary to interpret dreams, exploring them can be an engaging and insightful experience.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 6:11 am

ok, here goes- i dreamt i woke up and walked somehow into ellen degeneris' kitchen for breakfast, i reached up in a cupboard and pulled out a carton of mueslix and poured it into a cereal bowl, then got some milk out of the fridge. ellen walked in wondering what the commotion was, saw me and just stared at me like she didn't know what to make of me. i said words to the effect of "down the hatch!" and she said with a demented grin, "huhhhh??" "what does that mean?" and i explained it to her and she still said "HUHHHH??"

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 7:53 am

ConcreteDinosaur wrote:
I'd genuinely enjoy hearing about any interesting dreams you've had, especially the more intricate ones.

Why is this in "Politics, Philosophy, and Religion"? Do you believe that most dreams are either religious or political in their meaning?

If not, perhaps you might want to ask the mods to move this thread to a more appropriate sub-forum?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 8:03 am

because some fundies think of dream interpretation as divination which is proscribed by conservative interpretations of the good book.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2023, 1:41 pm

ConcreteDinosaur wrote:
I'd genuinely enjoy hearing about any interesting dreams you've had, especially the more intricate ones. Dreams can be quite personal and puzzling, but I'd like to help you uncover possible meanings. While it's not always necessary to interpret dreams, exploring them can be an engaging and insightful experience.

There are already two threads devoted to sharing dreams in the "Random discussion" section. you're welcome to prognosticate in those threads. But starting a third thread is fine as well.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2023, 6:52 am

That's an interesting dream!

Ellen DeGeneres presence in the dream might indicate an interest in or connection to her, or perhaps she represents a larger theme, like fame, success, or the desire to be recognized.

The setting of the dream, her kitchen, could represent a sense of familiarity or comfort. Kitchens are often associated with nourishment and socialization. The act of preparing breakfast could be related to the idea of self-care or the need for sustenance and energy to face the day ahead.

The interaction with Ellen, where you say "down the hatch!" and her confused response, might highlight a sense of miscommunication or a feeling of being misunderstood. It could also represent an attempt to connect with someone you admire or look up to, but feel like there's a barrier to that connection.

Ultimately, the dream might be a reflection of your thoughts and feelings about success, connection, and communication.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

20 Mar 2023, 7:08 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
ConcreteDinosaur wrote:
I'd genuinely enjoy hearing about any interesting dreams you've had, especially the more intricate ones.

Why is this in "Politics, Philosophy, and Religion"? Do you believe that most dreams are either religious or political in their meaning?

If not, perhaps you might want to ask the mods to move this thread to a more appropriate sub-forum?

Numerous dreams provide insights into various aspects of philosophy, politics, and religion. I had a dream quite some time ago that demonstrated this. While I don't personally adhere to any specific religion, I have been exposed to Christian influences, so it's intriguing to see how these elements surfaced in the dream.

In the dream, there was a character who represented me or someone similar to me, sitting in a car with a man who resembled an angry, burnt Pepperami. This man had a massive hammer protruding from his lower half and acted like a mob boss. My dream character and the mob boss were discussing the necessity of sacrificing a testicle, which neither of us wanted to do.

The boss then forcefully grabbed my character by the testicle, dragged him out of the car through massive gates, and abandoned him in another world, which I recognized as Earth. I observed the rest of the dream as my character, in great pain and anguish, pounded on the gates and wailed to be let back in. He was tortured and ultimately killed.

Upon death, my character returned to the mob boss in a disheveled state. Another man questioned the boss, asking if he believed my character would still follow him after what he had done. The boss confidently replied that he would. At this point, it became clear that my character would indeed continue to follow the mob boss, despite the ordeal he had endured.

This dream character, who suffered and was cast out, bore a resemblance to Jesus, and the mob boss shared similarities with God. The character was thrown into the earthly realm, not as a punishment, but to choose to follow God even after facing torture and death. The purpose of this experience was to teach the character the importance of complete humility and devotion, recognizing that all life belongs to God.

The dream suggested that Jesus serves as a blueprint or gateway, connecting Earth to the afterlife in Christianity. The cycle of life and death allows our eternal spirits to return to the spirit world. However, the question remains whether our earthly selves can also find a way to heaven.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2023, 8:31 am

Jesus mentions becoming a eunuch for the kingdom of heaven which might explain the testicle references. (Although no-one should do this)

I can't figure out the pepperami,being burnt or hammer references though.
God is usually symbolised as a rock or a high tower or a father .

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2023, 6:31 pm

God as a Mob boss? God as "the godfatha"?

Interesting metaphor.

Being "thrown out" by God is more like the Adam and Eve story than the Jesus story. Except that Christians equate the two stories and connect them.

Not sure what it means.

AB's dream is intriguing too. DeGeneres is a 'between the genders' kind of person. So you might identify with that. Like the OP said ...being in her kitchen suggest familiarity with the person, or a desire for that (or with something Degeneres represents to you), but at the same time there is a communication break down.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2023, 7:06 pm

My parents in my dreams are unreasonably mean to me when they're mostly not in real life.

I have dreams where I'm still in high school, but I'm aware I've already graduated but no matter how much I escape or fight back, I have another dream where I'm still in high school being forced to take it again because whatever.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2023, 7:14 pm

Aspiegaming wrote:
My parents in my dreams are unreasonably mean to me when they're mostly not in real life.

I have dreams where I'm still in high school, but I'm aware I've already graduated but no matter how much I escape or fight back, I have another dream where I'm still in high school being forced to take it again because whatever.

Both could be variations on the "flunking out of school dream" everyone gets. Or the "Im a new teenage driver and I clipped some parked car's fender, and dad will eat me alive" dream I sometimes get even though dad has been dead for decades. You get them because IRL you have to pee so your body tenses up to hold it in - and so has to create an anxiety storyline. Or you're cold and your blankets fell off. Both cold and the need to piss tense your body up in the same way that stress and anxiety tense you up.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

21 Mar 2023, 7:19 am

Aspiegaming wrote:

The unreasonably mean parents, despite not being like that in real life, could represent your subconscious fears or insecurities about your relationship with them. The dream might also be reflecting internalized expectations or pressures that you associate with your parents, even if they don't explicitly express these expectations or pressures themselves. This aspect of the dream could be linked to feelings of vulnerability, guilt, or anxiety in relation to your parents.

The recurring high school setting in your dream is interesting to consider. Dreams of being back in school are quite common and can be interpreted in different ways. The high school setting could symbolize a desire to return to a simpler time in life or evoke feelings of nostalgia. Alternatively, the high school setting might represent a period of personal growth in your life, and the dream could be your mind's way of highlighting the importance of that time.

From a psychological perspective, being forced to repeat high school in your dreams may indicate feelings of inadequacy, fear of failure, or a sense of being stuck in your current situation. The awareness that you've already graduated but are still trapped in this cycle could be a reflection of frustration with a perceived lack of progress in your life.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

21 Mar 2023, 7:22 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Aspiegaming wrote:

Both could be variations on the "flunking out of school dream" everyone gets. Or the "Im a new teenage driver and I clipped some parked car's fender, and dad will eat me alive" dream I sometimes get even though dad has been dead for decades. You get them because IRL you have to pee so your body tenses up to hold it in - and so has to create an anxiety storyline. Or you're cold and your blankets fell off. Both cold and the need to piss tense your body up in the same way that stress and anxiety tense you up.

That's a good point about the way we often create storylines to fit our physical sensations.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 7:59 am

I dreamt that I was climbing through an enormous tower from the inside that started from an ordinary living room by using elevators and stairs, passing corporate slaves on the way who were unusually friendly given the situation, all to reach the company boss at the top, for a reason I don't know.

ConcreteDinosaur
Raven
Raven

21 Mar 2023, 9:04 am

Readydaer wrote:
I dreamt that I was climbing through an enormous tower from the inside that started from an ordinary living room by using elevators and stairs, passing corporate slaves on the way who were unusually friendly given the situation, all to reach the company boss at the top, for a reason I don't know.

In your dream, the enormous tower you're climbing signifies a personal journey or a challenge you're facing in your waking life. Starting from an ordinary living room represents the familiarity and comfort of your current situation. As you ascend using elevators and stairs, you encounter different stages of this journey, each bringing its own obstacles and opportunities for growth.

The corporate slaves you meet along the way may symbolize aspects of yourself or others in your life that feel trapped by societal expectations or obligations. Their friendliness, despite the unusual circumstances, suggests that there's an underlying desire for connection and support.

The ultimate goal of reaching the company boss at the top of the tower indicates a need to confront an authoritative figure or a significant issue in your life. The ambiguity surrounding the reason for the meeting could be a reflection of unresolved feelings or uncertainties you may be experiencing.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 1:44 pm

This is on the front page of the pepperami website :

Quote:
Get a Protein Kick. After meat, mayhem and 'Doing Whatever I Want, Whenever I Want', protein is one of my favourite things

Make of that what you will :lol: