Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Mar 2023, 5:11 pm

Anyone do compulsive/ addictive behaviours when you have sensory overload and your head is all jammed up?

For example if ive been gaming for too long the easiest way for me to relieve it is to binge on food.

It works but is self harming in the long term

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 3:58 pm

Yes, with me it's alcohol, WP and music

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Mar 2023, 7:04 pm

I used to drink heavily but i have food comas now

Fairfield
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 7:14 pm

I have motor tics that I have to deal with when I get sensory overload. When I get generally stressed I engage in a lot of different addictive behaviours, like drinking, self harming, etc. Today I managed to not engage in any of those (besides for smoking weed, but honestly I don't ever really try to stop doing that).

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Mar 2023, 7:29 pm

what does sensory overload feel like to you? For me its like a brain freeze, a numbness in brain.

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Mar 2023, 7:30 pm

Fairfield wrote:
I have motor tics that I have to deal with when I get sensory overload. When I get generally stressed I engage in a lot of different addictive behaviours, like drinking, self harming, etc. Today I managed to not engage in any of those (besides for smoking weed, but honestly I don't ever really try to stop doing that).

One day at a time! :wink: