Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2023, 8:29 pm

Anyone dislike modern games because they sound bad? They are painful to me, sometimes its so bad that i have the headphone cups away from my ears. Even on the quietest setting the sfx just irritates my hearing. It must be an autistic sensory thing but also its just poor audio.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 9:46 pm

Do you hate them because they're loud or because they sound bad?

I spent some time looking for suitable engine sounds for my rFactor mod because some of the ones I started with sounded like poop.

But I generally play so loud the noise is oppressive. If it's not overwhelming it doesn't feel like driving a loud-ass race car. Race cars sound like being inside a steel barrel attached to an engine.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Mar 2023, 9:07 am

Yeah loudness could be more immersive. I think its the quality of the sound mostly. I have a hearing condition which makes me sensitive to certain noises but loudness too. Im not like most people but maybe some autistic people might experience the same.

To me the sfx on most new games sound harsh and 'cold' and blaring. The games look magnificent but sound souless to me. Its irritating my ears even on the quietest volume and im barely wearing my headphone over my ears. I literally get ear ache.

I only noticed it from PS3 onwards.