Is it common to be so drained from autism/depression?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Dbz33
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Mar 2023, 8:40 pm

I constantly feel fatigued low energy and mood as well as severe insomnia... Doctor said im not bipolar, so is this because of my autism? I take an anti-depressant yet still have this problem. Anyone here feel the same way or do i need to be checked for something else too?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 8:51 pm

Yes.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Mar 2023, 8:52 pm

i am the same, i have chronic fatigue and im usually awake at night and sleep during day.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 8:57 pm

Yeah, I get worn out real quick from all kinds of things. I have to really pace myself or I crash and burn and need a month or two to recover. The bulk of my life seems to be preparing for and recovering from things I want or have to do. If I mess up that balance, I'm constantly shot, struggle to sleep, feel like walking death, and get stuck in that rut. For me, I do believe autism is the main culprit.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2023, 9:46 pm

Not me though.

Unless all direct culprits; I have many -- are out of my system, then I won't just accuse autism for it.

I'm not like most autistics, it seem.

I don't suffer from chronic depression. Or chronic fatigue. My energy is not wasted managing on anxiety related issues...
Or suppression of behaviors/maintaining masking/sensory intolerance management.

I barely manage my diet and how I sleep. I'm still getting there, just for the gains than necessity.

My sleep issues and energy levels are not limited to autism alone.
I experienced burnouts before, it's more like painful overwhelming to exist kind of exhausting -- losing a layer of protection, than just weakening exhausting like a form of battery drain.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.