Reality TV show ‘Vanderpump Rules’ autistic cast member(s)

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 9:55 am

Raquel Leviss says she ‘can relate’ to Bryiana Dyrdek’s autism diagnosis

Quote:
Raquel Leviss empathized with fellow former pageant queen Bryiana Dyrdek announcing she has been diagnosed with autism.

“I can relate,” the “Vanderpump Rules” star, who has been relatively quiet on social media since her affair with co-star Tom Sandoval, commented Tuesday morning on Dyrdek’s Instagram post.

“sending you love Bryiana,” she added.

Leviss, 28, has not publicly discussed having autism before, and her rep didn’t immediately return Page Six’s request for Dyrdek, who is married to former pro skateboarder and “Ridiculousness” star Rob Dyrdek, shared a lengthy statement Monday night after a “few months of privately processing” being diagnosed with autism at age 31.

“I’ve finally reached the acceptance phase of my late diagnosis and am filled with more hope and peace than ever before,” she wrote in the caption. “So if you see me acting different, it’s because I am”

Bryiana explained that becoming involved in the pageant circuit “allowed her own little world to exist IN the real world AND in a socially acceptable manner.”

“Pageantry taught her how to make eye contact, speak to others with appropriate responses, disguise her repetitive movements, still play dress up and MAKE FRIENDS?!” she continued, reflecting on her younger self in the third person.

The mom of two admitted to being “scared” to address her December 2022 diagnosis because she feared she would be “doubted, shamed, and challenged.”

“But I’ve finally reached the acceptance phase of my ASD late diagnosis and am filled with more hope and peace than ever,” she concluded.

While Leviss seemed to be saying she is autistic with her “I can relate” statement she did not specifically say that so I can’t jump to conclusions like the New York Post did. She could have been late diagnosed with another condition only she knows.

What I can not relate to is Reality TV. ‘Vanderbuilt Pump’ has been on the air for 10 years I never heard of this show. But these type of shows have plenty of fans. This show been on the air for 10 years so the ratings must be good. Anything that helps debunk stereotypes and stigmas is a good thing.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman