Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

cool09
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Mar 2023, 1:14 pm

I haven't had any luck with treating my panic attacks. I mean treatment doesn't even exist because doctors just shrug it off. What can I do? They last 1-2 hrs. (I've taken klonopin and saphris for my anxiety but they always wear off. Saphris worked really well 4 mths ago.)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2023, 2:05 pm

Buspirone

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2023, 8:56 pm

diazepam and hiding under a blanket for me

then standing up and shaking it all out

flubbedcobra
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Apr 2023, 2:05 pm

Mantra's always seem to help when it happens to me (eg "om mani padme hum" or something). Also, slowly (or semi-slowly) counting to 8 works for me when I sense that I'm getting manic.

Purpopcorn
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Apr 2023, 2:21 pm

Meditation has worked well for my anxiety. Just lie in bed listening to relaxing music (noise canceling headphones work well for this) counting to 500 or even 1000. Everytime a negative thought comes into my head I just refocus on counting. It really helps in the moment to calm you down and over time, too. Seriously, this is probably the most effective way to calm down.

For times you are not having panic attacks: Journaling and intense exercise like running or cycling also helps get the negatives thoughts out of your head.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2023, 2:28 pm

Treatment depends on a number of factors. Identifying triggers, and finding a medication/dosage level. Therapy can help, but traditional talk therapies are often less effective for those on the spectrum.

Learning to recognize an oncoming attack and learning what works for you to ease it in the moment has been fairly successful for me as well.