Post The Little Things That Made/Make Your Day

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 12:35 pm

I always find it's the little things that can brighten up a rather gloomy mood or day.

Any moment that's made you or makes you; smile, laugh, or had a positive impact on your day, feel free to post it here.

For some reason (whenever it happens), I always laugh at how my Cat runs around the entire house after pooping in the litter tray. I find it humorous in particular how she bounds up and down the stairs, having been previously unfamiliar to them.

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 2:41 pm

Thinking on pets now...

When I wake up in the morning, my dog is always so happy about it. He doesn't just wag his tail, he wags his whole body. He's such a wiggly butt. :lol: It makes me smile how happy he gets.

Another little thing would be my neighbors wind chimes. That thing has some kind of calming effect on me. I love hearing it out sporadically throughout the day. Mine broke years ago and I never bothered to replace them. I'm glad she got some. I missed that sound.

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 8:05 am

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
Thinking on pets now...

When I wake up in the morning, my dog is always so happy about it. He doesn't just wag his tail, he wags his whole body. He's such a wiggly butt. :lol: It makes me smile how happy he gets.

:lol: My Mum's dogs do that, and it's adorable :heart:

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
Another little thing would be my neighbors wind chimes. That thing has some kind of calming effect on me. I love hearing it out sporadically throughout the day. Mine broke years ago and I never bothered to replace them. I'm glad she got some. I missed that sound.

Wind chimes are very tranquil.

Another outside sound that I enjoy the sound of is the pouring rain, whilst I'm tucked up in bed. :heart: :heart:

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

31 Mar 2023, 10:33 am

Finding change on the ground randomly.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2023, 10:46 am

And So It Goes wrote:
Another outside sound that I enjoy the sound of is the pouring rain, whilst I'm tucked up in bed. :heart: :heart:

Yeah, there's absolutely something to be said for the sound of rain. It's a rainy today where I am and it's so calming to me...puts me in a good mood every time. Only thing better would be if there was thunder out there to. Love that stuff.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2023, 10:47 am

RandoNLD wrote:

Ooohh. Yeah, that's good. Ever find bits of money in a coat or something you haven't worn in a while? I like it when that happens to.

RandoNLD
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2023, 10:26 am

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
RandoNLD wrote:

Ooohh. Yeah, that's good. Ever find bits of money in a coat or something you haven't worn in a while? I like it when that happens to.

Hell yeah, once found 20 bucks I left in in a book for some reason.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 11:05 am

It's cloudy.
My DIL went home for a while.
The house is silent.
Cat not screaming.
Time to breathe.

rse92
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 11:31 am

I was spooked by OPEC and Russia announcing production cuts, so even though stocks seemed to react well yesterday and did OK, I moved my retirement funds out of stocks and into money market bonds yesterday. For once, I timed it just right. Stocks are getting hammered today.

2022 was a sh-t year in the markets, and I lost almost everything i contributed last year due to poor fund performance. I am too old to have any more years like last year.

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 3:49 pm

RandoNLD wrote:
FleaOfTheChill wrote:
RandoNLD wrote:

Hell yeah, once found 20 bucks I left in in a book for some reason.

Outstanding. I swear, that sort of thing is one of the best surprises.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2023, 4:03 pm

The early mornings and late afternoons when wallabies gather to graze on the front lawn.