Certain people that make you just feel good!

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Mar 2023, 9:41 pm

I have few co-workers that have become more like friends. when i'm just around them and see them, something in me just feels happy. it's like i'm at disneyland. that sounds so cheesy but it's true. i feel this comforting, amazed feeling just seeing them. it's definitely one-sided as far as i can discern (which is quite cloudy) but I just fan out on people and i have to be less obvious when i'm around them. and what's weird is, i'd run from somebody that felt that way about me. it's like watching your favorite tv show characters in real life. can anyone relate?
ps: based on what i've learned in therapy, it's good to accept and embrace feelings like this (while still being realistic and careful of course).

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2023, 11:01 pm

Where I volunteer (large second hand shop), there are a few people there who I'm always very happy to see. I smile just thinking about them. Recently I broke my arm and haven't been able to volunteer there and I really miss it.

BreathlessJade
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Mar 2023, 11:51 pm

renaeden wrote:
Where I volunteer (large second hand shop), there are a few people there who I'm always very happy to see. I smile just thinking about them. Recently I broke my arm and haven't been able to volunteer there and I really miss it.

hope you feel better soon. yeah! i was sick and just missed being around my favorite people. it's like seeing a unicorn haha. for me those special people are rarely encountered and when i get the chance, i'm a nervous wreck.