Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

catpiecakebutter
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Mar 2023, 12:41 pm

I didn't really graduate from high school properly, I don't have a regular paid job, I'm not really a social butterfly all the time (I have a few friends I see in person however I would like more friends), I had an ex friend from high school cut off my friendship with her back in October and when she did she called me an idiot (she's not very nice since sometimes when she got upset she unfriended me on FB at different times in the past), I have low self esteem, I'm overweight, I don't fit in very well, and I don't understand complex things. I don't have a diagnosis of depression but I thinking maybe I have it. I'm wondering if depression is common with autism.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 2:01 pm

I think so, I think traits associated with autism lead to being prone to depression.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

jimmyjazzuk
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2023, 9:01 pm

I think a lot of people here suffer with depression

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 7:34 pm

depression and anxiety are the two most common co morbid diagnoses for autistic people. A higher percentage risk of having either or both of those diagnoses goes with being autistic.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 7:38 pm

Bullying, sensory issues, social masking and generally being forced to live in a neurotypical world can cause all kinds of mental health issues, including depression.

Kaioken
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Apr 2023, 12:17 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Bullying, sensory issues, social masking and generally being forced to live in a neurotypical world can cause all kinds of mental health issues, including depression.

This has been my experience. Plus unemployment and social isolation.