Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2023, 2:45 pm

Hopefully this is one big nothingburger that fizzles out with a sad disappointed trumplestiltskin sulking off after he's unable to draw much of a crowd or able to convince anyone to do another terrorism for him.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 4:16 pm

At the first rally of his 2024 campaign, the former president vowed vengeance. His fans loved it.

Quote:
You’d think that, by now, Donald Trump’s fans would be tired of all this. The long lines and the self-indulgent speeches and the relentless blasting of Laura Branigan’s “Gloria” as they stand outside exposed to the elements. But they aren’t. Not at all.

After six years, the former president’s rallies still have summer-camp vibes—at least at first. At last night’s event in Waco, Texas—the first rally of his 2024 presidential campaign—Trump’s thousands of supporters seemed delighted simply to be together at the Waco airport hangar, wearing their ultra maga T-shirts and drinking lemonade in the hot sun. Sure, the vendors ran out of water at one point, and there was no shade to speak of, but nobody really complained. They were too busy singing along to the Village People and bonding with new friends over their shared interests (justice, freedom, theories about a ruling Deep State cabal).

But the sunny mood of Trump’s supporters contrasted with his 2024 campaign message, which is different this time around—darker, more vengeful, and, if such a thing is possible, even more self-absorbed.

He spent 30 minutes soliloquizing about Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg, the corrupt “thugs” in America’s justice system, and the apparent threat to his attorney-client privilege. Behind Trump, supporters held up witch hunt signs that had been given out by the campaign.

At his rallies in 2016, Trump used to tell his supporters, “I am your voice.” Last night, he offered something more sinister. “I am your warrior. I am your justice,” he told them. “For those who have been wronged and betrayed, I am your retribution.”

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 11:56 am

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 1:13 pm

NBC News Live Updates

Quote:
Fox News host calls Trump 'insane' for opening Waco rally with Jan. 6 video
Fox News anchor Brian Kilmeade ripped into Trump for opening his weekend rally in Waco, Texas, with a clip from the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol by his supporters, calling the former president's decision "insane" in a Monday morning episode of "Fox & Friends."

At the rally, Trump walked onstage with a “Justice for All” video playing. The video features a choir of men incarcerated for their role in the Jan. 6 riot singing the national anthem, interspersed with clips of Trump reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. It also included images of the riot.

“He should be running from that, period,” Kilmeade said. “I don’t care his point of view; that is not a good thing for him. I thought that was absolutely awful. Even though he is winning in the polls, that will not help.”

Trump is also under investigation for his role in the Jan. 6 riot and the effort to overturn the 2020 election.

Kilmeade criticized Trump for spending "80% of the time complaining about court cases" instead of touting his own record and talking about current foreign policy issues.

"That’s going to be the conversation at the kitchen table," the anchor

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman