Female dating coaches part of the problem

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 3:12 am

Female dating coaches who coach single women are causing big problems

One of the most popular female coaches in Australia is Sabrina Zohar who charges her clients $200/hr

Her creed is Marriage has “nothing to do with love” as Zohar puts it, because to many men, women represent sexual objects, live-in nannies and cleaners, not full human beings. This is why “whoever is in front of him” at the time will do."
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relat ... c0c9c122fe

Coaches like Zohar might be one of the reasons why 70% of divorces are initiated by women and of those only half will re-enter a permanent relationship again
https://www.pewresearch.org/social-tren ... -do-again/

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 3:16 am

What are your thoughts on this?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 6:46 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Very simple, Female dating coaches are not qualified to speak on male psychology
1. They have no formal qualification in psychology
2. They are not men
3. If they are not male then they are interpreting cis-male mind through what they read and limited observations of men.

They (or at least Zohar) are perpetuating a dangerous myth that men use women in relationships. I don't believe this is true.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 6:51 am

Interesting thread.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 6:54 am

Well, she is severely misguided.

I think men would want to marry someone who is a close companion.

I don't think female dating coaches are the problem as they are not that influencial in society.
Only a few clients are listening to them.

There are female dating coaches who probably offer good advice as well.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 7:43 am

I really don't think that dating coaches are that popular or are causing widespread "big problems" ( :lol: ). They probably cater to less than 1% of the population.

Quote:
Coaches like Zohar might be one of the reasons why 70% of divorces are initiated by women and of those only half will re-enter a permanent relationship again

I doubt dating coaches would have much of an impact because, as I've already stated, most people don't use them and, second, not all coaches would be bad.

The data you've provided does not support your claim. It would only be useful if it involved people who saw dating coaches and had no success.

I can think of more important/more likely factors that would explain those numbers, but I won’t go into them here.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2023, 8:25 am

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

3. If they are not male then they are interpreting cis-male mind through what they read and limited observations of men.

I have my doubts that cis males exist. Most of the males I've met seem happy to be females in games. Maleness is an extension of female DNA code, female DNA is the base code.

That is, males are toxic when they are losers. I've rarely heard a male be toxic when their teammates are working together and winning the game. Toxic masculinity only exists when something is failing.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 9:15 am

cyberdad wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Very simple, Female dating coaches are not qualified to speak on male psychology
1. They have no formal qualification in psychology
2. They are not men

They (or at least Zohar) are perpetuating a dangerous myth that men use women in relationships. I don't believe this is true.

Thanks for sharing your point of view that women can't know men's psychology.

In the past, people have posted videos with men explaining women's psychology as it pertains to dating.
I can't think of specific titles, but I saw some where the male host blamed women for a decline in dating.
If I recall correctly, the hosts showed statistics to prove women are too choosy and unrealistic about men.

To what extent do you agree with these statements about male hosts discussing women?

1. They have no formal education in psychology
2. They are not women
3. If they are not female, they are interpreting the cis-female mind through what they read / limited observations of women.

4. They are perpetuating a dangerous myth that women use men in relationships. (I don't believe this is true.)

Please share your point of view of whether men can know women's psychology.

Thanks!

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 10:07 am

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/relat ... c0c9c122fe

Quote:
“[Marriage for men] has nothing to do with love, half the time it is proximity and timing,” argues dating guru Sabrina Zohar,...

“You could literally be the most incredible and mind-blowing human to ever exist. If a guy doesn’t want a relationship or isn’t ready, he’s not going to see you any differently,”...

... “It’s this weird phenomenon with men … when a man finally wakes up and realises that he’s ready for something, it’s literally whoever is in front of him.”

I'd say she has a good point. I've heard it observed elsewhere that, one day, a man wakes up, decides that it is time to get married, and then just goes and does it.

A common complaint that you hear from young women about their fellows is that they "don't want commitment."

Quote:
...Or is proximity theory just a euphemism for men having no real interest in women beyond the domestic and sexual labour they can provide them?

Similarly, sex within relationships is framed as something men are owed, and women are obligated to perform.

Women are routinely warned if they’re not continuously sexually available to their husbands, their relationships will suffer, because “men have needs” (an expression which assumes men have the monopoly on sexual desire)...

...Marriage has “nothing to do with love” as Zohar puts it, because to many men, women represent sexual objects, live-in nannies and cleaners, not full human beings. This is why “whoever is in front of him” at the time will do.

She raises some valid points.

What does a man want? Basically, three things. Food, sex, and silence. Feed me, f**k me, shut the f**k up. That's it.

What does a woman want? Everything. Every f*****g thing. A big house, a luxury car, clothes, jewelry, etc. etc.

Quote:
...It’s not the dream sold to us via Disney princess movies and rom-coms featuring men running through rain and crowded airports to tell their love interest she “completes” them before gallantly getting on bended knee.

But the reality for most women isn’t a fairytale. Their lives get worse, not better, after the proposal.

“The average married woman is less happy than the average married man, less happy than single women, less convinced that married people are happier than single people, and more likely to file for divorce,”...

Fortunately, Disney has moved on from the princess passively waiting for her handsome prince to rescue her, to princesses that are more self-actualizing.

But, a lot of young women are probably still hoping for a fairy-tale prince, and, of course, are going to be disappointed and bitter when reality sinks in.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 10:25 am

Quote:
What does a man want? Basically, three things. Food, sex, and silence. Feed me, f**k me, shut the f**k up. That's it.

What does a woman want? Everything. Every f*****g thing. A big house, a luxury car, clothes, jewelry, etc. etc.
No, just no. As a woman, I don’t want any of those things, and I don’t think that your description of what men want is usually very accurate either. If it is, I’m staying single. :lol:

Gender stereotyping is not helpful.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 10:28 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

To what extent do you agree with these statements about male hosts discussing women?

1. They have no formal education in psychology

Probably true, most of the time. But, they obsess about women, and cum to their own conclusions.

Quote:
2. They are not women

Obviously.

Quote:
3. If they are not female, they are interpreting the cis-female mind through what they read / limited observations of women.

Yes.

Quote:
4. They are perpetuating a dangerous myth that women use men in relationships. (I don't believe this is true.)

It does happen. A man might like to know what to expect, rather than be blindsided.

Quote:
Please share your point of view of whether men can know women's psychology.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 10:34 am

^ I don’t find any conclusions that arousing frankly.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 10:35 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ I don’t find any conclusions that arousing frankly.

I find that hard to believe. :lol:

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

25 Mar 2023, 11:22 am

! Cornflake wrote:
The thread gets off to a bad start and manages to get worse.

cyberdad wrote:
Female dating coaches are not qualified to speak on male psychology
2. They are not men
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Thanks for sharing your point of view that women can't know men's psychology. (...) To what extent do you agree with these statements about male hosts discussing women?
2. They are not women

Already subject to reports about content, the thread is sexist and heading toward more red-pill nonsense RSN.
Let's no go there again.

Locked.