Seriously, why is there so much Misogyny on WrongPlanet?!

Page 2 of 27 [ 420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 4:12 pm

I think a lot of men are bitter at having a lack-luster love life and are frustrated, so they blame women and use whatever "proof" they have to back up that claim.

~~~~

believe in the broken clock and who's side will time be on?

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 4:22 pm

Also find it weird that some posters are in committed relationships yet continue to make sexist threads about how bad women are lmao.

:lol:

~~~~

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 4:29 pm

honeytoast wrote:
Also find it weird that some posters are in committed relationships yet continue to make sexist threads about how bad women are lmao.

That could be toxicity or a known grooming tactic but quite easily it could also be that people moan rather than highlight any good. I wouldn't make a post about how wonderful my GF is but I've been tempted sometimes to rant on here about her ( I may even have in my last account ).

BraveFig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Mar 2023, 5:02 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
BraveFig wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
If you're talking about the posts in L&D, it's often a handful of members posting repeated threads about the same topic.

But don't let them get to you. Most of us *are* supportive.
Thank you, friend, and I completely agree now that I've calmed down a bit more that L&D generally seems to have the bulk of the misogyny on this site, which is still very sad, but not quite as surprising and alarming as I first thought, tho. :D :) :roll: :mrgreen:

Don't fool yourself. There's definitely a lot of misogyny in L&D, and I don't deny that for a second. There's also a history of misandry too -- it's by Incels against "good men" and even against themselves when they post how terrible it is to be a man, or they tell each other they'll never find a girlfriend if they don't shave (for example). They try to call that misogyny but it's actually men hating other men in some sort of bizarre, toxic-masculinity / political competition, but they'll never admit it. There's also misandry against men by some members who refuse to be accountable for their own egregious sexism, transphobia, or misanthropy, but that's another topic for another day. My advice would be to steer clear of L&D unless you have a very specific question and you see a productive conversation in progress. Otherwise, you're likely better to post in The Haven where you can't be attacked for your gender, whatever that may be.
Omg, yess, that's such a great point!! :D :) Men can be so vicious to each other, and not in a way that can easily be pinned on women, either, because misandry is just as bad as misogyny!! :o :bounce:

BraveFig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Mar 2023, 5:05 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:
It’s always been like this, unfortunately. Just report offensive posts, and the mods will take care of it.

I forgot to say that. ^ Great point. The mods are very helpful and responsive to reports of misogyny or any other sexism including transphobia. When I suggested The Haven I didn't mean for you to just ignore any problem posts / posters you might notice in L&D. Please speak up if and when needed. Your observations and input are both valued here.

Thank you for reiterating this important point, too!! :D :) Honestly, if there's any reason I tend to avoid L&D, it's often just because that sub-forum seems too overwhelmingly straight for the queer issues I often find myself grappling with!! :wink: :mrgreen:

honeytoast
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 7:33 pm

Recidivist wrote:
honeytoast wrote:

That could be toxicity or a known grooming tactic but quite easily it could also be that people moan rather than highlight any good. I wouldn't make a post about how wonderful my GF is but I've been tempted sometimes to rant on here about her ( I may even have in my last account ).

Which I can understand. Sometimes you need to vent about issues, and perhaps you can get some insight from other members on how to reconcile issues.

~~~~

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 9:01 pm

Caz72 wrote:
maybe i never noticed before but just recently there always seems to be arguments over gender which is a bit ironic for a site where everyones becoming non binary to be arguing about men vs women

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you.
There is a growing "Gender War" issue happening on here, imo.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 9:08 pm

Recidivist wrote:
Caz72 wrote:
maybe i never noticed before but just recently there always seems to be arguments over gender which is a bit ironic for a site where everyones becoming non binary to be arguing about men vs women

Even people who are non-binary can be misogynists/misandrists - it's not irony.

Absolutely.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 9:11 pm

Recidivist wrote:
BraveFig wrote:
Tim_Tex wrote:
If you're talking about the posts in L&D, it's often a handful of members posting repeated threads about the same topic.

But don't let them get to you. Most of us *are* supportive.
Thank you, friend, and I completely agree now that I've calmed down a bit more that L&D generally seems to have the bulk of the misogyny on this site, which is still very sad, but not quite as surprising and alarming as I first thought, tho. :D :) :roll: :mrgreen:

Do yourself a favour, stay out of (L)oathing & (D)angerous, there are plenty of decent areas here with nice posters.

PPR is another forum that should be avoided if you don't have an Ambrams tank with reactive armour. :mrgreen:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 9:26 pm

I don’t think “gender wars” is a growing problem. It’s always been a problem on WP, but some of us are less willing to put up with rampant misogyny/misandry/etc. than we used to be. IMO that’s a good thing.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 9:37 pm

Twilightprincess wrote:
I don’t think “gender wars” is a growing problem. It’s always been a problem on WP, but some of us are less willing to put up with rampant misogyny/misandry/etc. than we used to be. IMO that’s a good thing.

Well put. I think some people were also groomed / conditioned to represent certain gender roles disproportionately. Some people have been shamed into being more or less feminine / masculine, trolled for being non-binary or changing genders, etc. Exposing this will go a long way to restoring everyone's dignity, and put the topic of gender back in its proper context within the framework of "equality".

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2023, 9:44 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Twilightprincess wrote:

Well put. I think some people were also groomed / conditioned to represent certain gender roles disproportionately. Some people have been shamed into being more or less feminine / masculine, trolled for being non-binary or changing genders, etc. Exposing this will go a long way to restoring everyone's dignity, and put the topic of gender back in its proper context within the framework of "equality".

Excellent point!

We are all first and foremost people. We deserve to be treated with respect as autonomous, authentic individuals.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 12:07 am

peopole with autism spend a lot of time online and theree is lot of rabbit holes to go down. I mean luckily my brothers are not into that s**t. But yeah all the red-pill ideology and stuff like that just creates a toxic way of thinnking of like women almost being an alien specicies. LIke we are just people with a vagina but all these red pill guys want to preetend they have us all figured out even thogh a s**t ton of women hate when guys try to use pick up artist tactics on them.

But nah it is for sure a problem here on WP, but has been for a while, like it is nothing new, but still frustrating..

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 12:10 am

honeytoast wrote:

Strange you find this funny. I suspect I was one of those reported who is in a loving committed relationship.
What might have diffused the need to report me is if some of you actually read what I posted.

I was talking about how I used to think about women 30 years ago long before I got married and during a time I was hitting a wall that (i strongly suspect) many young men hit right now.

Transformation is not possible unless you follow how you used to be to where you are now. Young men have virtually no male role models. Men in relationships or dating seem to have no time to mentor younger men. Those who do charge money and provide questionable advice.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Mar 2023, 12:16 am

honeytoast wrote:

You never met my parents, especially my father.

While both are no longer the living, both were undiagnosed mentally Ill.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 12:28 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
peopole with autism spend a lot of time online and theree is lot of rabbit holes to go down. I mean luckily my brothers are not into that s**t. But yeah all the red-pill ideology and stuff like that just creates a toxic way of thinnking of like women almost being an alien specicies. LIke we are just people with a vagina but all these red pill guys want to preetend they have us all figured out even thogh a s**t ton of women hate when guys try to use pick up artist tactics on them.

But nah it is for sure a problem here on WP, but has been for a while, like it is nothing new, but still frustrating..

But have you forgotten?
Womyn are from Venus...
And men are from Mars... :P

But seriously, there is a spectrum of attitudes out there.
Some good...
Some bad...
Think of it as a "Bell Curve"... 8)