Put on some music. 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
Clean my face and brush my teeth. 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Start doing my bed. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Go back to sleep. 33%  33%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 18

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

28 Mar 2023, 3:35 am

I turned my phone and computer night light on so that the yellow tint is protecting me from the blue light and preventing sleep disruption.
8) Plus the same hormone for sleep interfered with by the blue light is the same as for happiness. No wonder I'm overjoyed today.

By the way you guys helped me brush my teeth, whoever you are my smile is thankful. :mrgreen:

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

Last edited by Rexi on 28 Mar 2023, 3:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

28 Mar 2023, 3:45 am

Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i'm on the 6-hour diet [18 hour daily fast] so breakfast is not generally a thing for me. thing that makes me leave the cozy comfort of my sack is body aches and pains from having lied down for too long, in addition to having to empty bladder and bowels. if not for that, i've been known to sleep 20+ hours a day rather like a cat. :cat:

Same...
Same...
Same...

For most of my life, I have been on the 18hr fast, skipping breakfast.
These days, I am doing the 5x2 diet. It is working, slowly. I just need to do moderate exercise to hasten the process.
The trouble is, as I have indicated, my preference is to stay in bed. :mrgreen:

Yep, those aches and pains get you if you stay in bed too long.

You troublemaker :mrgreen: :heart:

Last edited by Rexi on 28 Mar 2023, 6:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 4:00 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I'm not stuck in bed most of the day because I have to get up and go to a different room to use my computer. My mother and I discussed getting a laptop, but we decided to just stick with a stationary computer. Actually, it was her decision, mostly, I really didn't care one way or the other.

And of course, I have do have some minor daily household tasks, such as feed the dishes and wash the cat. I mean, cat the dishes and feed the wash... wait, what? :?

I have read that not spending the day in bed is better for sleep. Unfortunately I live on an appt with mom and I'm stuck in my room because she hounds me everywhere and starts fights.luckily now I buy my own food and she stays away from it so long as i tag everything with my name and a lock on the door was the only thing that kept her away.

My room is not big enough for my stuff and at least the bed offers a nice way to not let my back on a surface and contribute to bad position since I have a lot of spine issues.

I think I have an idea, if I get a foldable chair i might be able to store it away when it's not used to make space.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 6:36 am

Edna3362 wrote:
To please someone.
Whether it's out of genuine care and love, or out of guilty conscience and resenting obligation.

Another thing was to think forwards.
Whether it's hope, to look forward to something, anticipation of pleasure or punishment, or any potential consequence of getting up or not getting up.

Personally?
I don't have a good reason to get out of bed.
Let alone work for 12+ hours a day.

Maybe except by just being bored.
Or to spite something or someone.

Nothing specific except passively looking for something new.

How perfect and honest that is. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 2:50 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
I'm not stuck in bed most of the day because I have to get up and go to a different room to use my computer. My mother and I discussed getting a laptop, but we decided to just stick with a stationary computer. Actually, it was her decision, mostly, I really didn't care one way or the other.

And of course, I have do have some minor daily household tasks, such as feed the dishes and wash the cat. I mean, cat the dishes and feed the wash... wait, what? :?

Go back to bed.
You need more sleep. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 2:55 am

Rexi wrote:
I turned my phone and computer night light on so that the yellow tint is protecting me from the blue light and preventing sleep disruption.
8) Plus the same hormone for sleep interfered with by the blue light is the same as for happiness. No wonder I'm overjoyed today.

By the way you guys helped me brush my teeth, whoever you are my smile is thankful. :mrgreen:

After you told me, I did the same.
I'm having trouble getting quality sleep, also.
Hopefully, it will work.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 2:57 am

Rexi wrote:
Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i'm on the 6-hour diet [18 hour daily fast] so breakfast is not generally a thing for me. thing that makes me leave the cozy comfort of my sack is body aches and pains from having lied down for too long, in addition to having to empty bladder and bowels. if not for that, i've been known to sleep 20+ hours a day rather like a cat. :cat:

Same...
Same...
Same...

For most of my life, I have been on the 18hr fast, skipping breakfast.
These days, I am doing the 5x2 diet. It is working, slowly. I just need to do moderate exercise to hasten the process.
The trouble is, as I have indicated, my preference is to stay in bed. :mrgreen:

Yep, those aches and pains get you if you stay in bed too long.

You troublemaker :mrgreen: :heart:

I dispute your assessment, and others would, also.
Just ask any WP mod. 8)

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 3:01 am

I often don't feel like doing anything either. Yesterday I managed to write 20 pages of a book I've been thinking of for a while now, but today I feel depressed. Need to install the birds' air conditioner before I need to find more wage slavery to waste my life for next to nothing yet again, so that's lovely to look forward to as well. -_-

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Mar 2023, 3:36 pm

I get out of bed for various reasons.
~Sometimes it's because I cant sleep anymore & I'm tired of trying & tired of laying down; thought of the pun while typing & ran with it :lol:
~Sometimes it's because something specific is going on like a planned shopping trip or an appointment for me or my girlfriend.
~Sometimes it's because my back hurts & my back will usually feel better after I'm up a bit; I suddenly feel old.
~Sometimes it's because I have to pee.
~Occasionally I wake up in a panic because my arm is completely asleep & I cant feel it at all due to sleeping on it.
~Sometimes it's because the room is too hot.
~Sometimes it's because my schedule is screwed up(me & my gf are not morning people but we sometimes have to do things in the morning like shopping or go to appointments) & I sometimes go to bed after my so-called breakfast & I need to eat lunch &/or take certain meds when I wake up but I don't always get up these times when I intend to even if I set a couple alarms.

Fun things to do when I get up are hang out with my gf(cuddling is a great reason to go to bed & stay in bed when she's there), play video-games, watch TV, listen to music, &/or do things on my old POS desktop computer.

I don't like eating when I 1st wake up so my ideal schedule after waking is brushing my teeth, taking some meds, an hour later eating breakfast & taking more meds & some supplements then.

I don't think I have bad executive dysfunction. I have LOTS of problems doing various tasks but I think it's due to other disabilities than executive dysfunction. I didn't seem to have executive function problems when I was working. I'm a very hard worker in the workplace & I hate goofing off; thou goofing around while getting the work done can be fun. I'm also a very good strategist 1ce I learned the tasks, routines, systems, & got used to my teammates. I was very reliable & stayed on top of things. It's quite possible that my OCD found ways to compensate for possible executive function problems in the workplace. I used to majorly need routines, schedules, & predictability thou I can handle changes alot better than I used to due to a good psych med combo, a better home-life situation, & getting older/hopefully more mature. However I am very lazy at home & put LOTS of things off & have major problems getting started & staying on tasks till it's done. I think the reason why is because home chores are usually not that important & there's a lot more distractions at home. Plus some tasks are very difficult for me & I want to avoid doing very difficult things. I probably have learned helplessness. I much rather do something simple, easy, & tedious instead of doing something I majorly struggle with. I didn't have problems getting up in time to go to work but I had major problems getting up to go to school. I struggled in lots of school subjects due to dyslexia, ADD, & other learning problems. I didn't feel a lot of the classes benefited me since I knew I would never want to go to college & a lot of the subjects didn't seem very useful to me in everyday life. Having to sit down, not fidget too much, not make noise, & take notes was stressful. When I got home I wanted to avoid doing homework & needed to wind down by watching TV, playing video-games, listening to music, & jerking off, till very late at night so I was not getting enough sleep.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 11:30 am

Rexi wrote:

The issue now is, my laptop integrated keyboard is reflecting only 1 type of light, and thats blue, not to mention the blue hue to laptop's plastic. Heck, even my camera led is blue, on top of it. I cant see the transparent letters too well without the light, so that's that. :cry: And my laptop cooler fans have blue leds too, both the ones underneath, and the one on top.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 2:37 pm

Iamaparakeet wrote:
I often don't feel like doing anything either. Yesterday I managed to write 20 pages of a book I've been thinking of for a while now, but today I feel depressed. Need to install the birds' air conditioner before I need to find more wage slavery to waste my life for next to nothing yet again, so that's lovely to look forward to as well. -_-

20 pages is a lot, congrats.
On some days we're productive, on others we're just there, existing. 8O

Yeah, I feel like tasks never end, once I'm done with something, something breaks or there's some new idea for better living. Then to think you have to move after you've put the house together is horrifying.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 2:43 pm

nick007 wrote:
I get out of bed for various reasons.
~Sometimes it's because I cant sleep anymore & I'm tired of trying & tired of laying down; thought of the pun while typing & ran with it :lol:
~Sometimes it's because something specific is going on like a planned shopping trip or an appointment for me or my girlfriend.
~Sometimes it's because my back hurts & my back will usually feel better after I'm up a bit; I suddenly feel old.
~Sometimes it's because I have to pee.
~Occasionally I wake up in a panic because my arm is completely asleep & I cant feel it at all due to sleeping on it.
~Sometimes it's because the room is too hot.
~Sometimes it's because my schedule is screwed up(me & my gf are not morning people but we sometimes have to do things in the morning like shopping or go to appointments) & I sometimes go to bed after my so-called breakfast & I need to eat lunch &/or take certain meds when I wake up but I don't always get up these times when I intend to even if I set a couple alarms.

Fun things to do when I get up are hang out with my gf(cuddling is a great reason to go to bed & stay in bed when she's there), play video-games, watch TV, listen to music, &/or do things on my old POS desktop computer.

I don't like eating when I 1st wake up so my ideal schedule after waking is brushing my teeth, taking some meds, an hour later eating breakfast & taking more meds & some supplements then.

I don't think I have bad executive dysfunction. I have LOTS of problems doing various tasks but I think it's due to other disabilities than executive dysfunction. I didn't seem to have executive function problems when I was working. I'm a very hard worker in the workplace & I hate goofing off; thou goofing around while getting the work done can be fun. I'm also a very good strategist 1ce I learned the tasks, routines, systems, & got used to my teammates. I was very reliable & stayed on top of things. It's quite possible that my OCD found ways to compensate for possible executive function problems in the workplace. I used to majorly need routines, schedules, & predictability thou I can handle changes alot better than I used to due to a good psych med combo, a better home-life situation, & getting older/hopefully more mature. However I am very lazy at home & put LOTS of things off & have major problems getting started & staying on tasks till it's done. I think the reason why is because home chores are usually not that important & there's a lot more distractions at home. Plus some tasks are very difficult for me & I want to avoid doing very difficult things. I probably have learned helplessness. I much rather do something simple, easy, & tedious instead of doing something I majorly struggle with. I didn't have problems getting up in time to go to work but I had major problems getting up to go to school. I struggled in lots of school subjects due to dyslexia, ADD, & other learning problems. I didn't feel a lot of the classes benefited me since I knew I would never want to go to college & a lot of the subjects didn't seem very useful to me in everyday life. Having to sit down, not fidget too much, not make noise, & take notes was stressful. When I got home I wanted to avoid doing homework & needed to wind down by watching TV, playing video-games, listening to music, & jerking off, till very late at night so I was not getting enough sleep.

What was your home situation when you were in school? It sounds like you had some privacy at least.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

30 Mar 2023, 3:26 pm

Rexi wrote:
What was your home situation when you were in school? It sounds like you had some privacy at least.
Me & my mom fought alot about me not wanting to get up for school & me not wanting to study or do homework. The biggest thing we fought about then was me being an extremely picky eater & mom hated having to cook special meals for me. We also fought about my parents changing plans & schedules with me. My parents liked to change things around a bit & since I got upset when things changed at the last minute they started waiting to tell me to tell me things till the last minute that involved me & I was expected to deal with it. My mom was critical of various things about me & she joked about me a lot but it's hard to tell that she's joking. When she got extremely mad she made a bit of meaningless threats about sending me to military school, sending me to juvie, kicking me out, or putting me up for adoption. I never did anything really bad as a teen compared to what a lot of teens do. Me & mom also fought about me spending most all my spare time in my room instead of having friends or me helping with chores, or doing something more productive with life. In some ways my childhood & teen years were very easy compared to LOTS of people but it was not rite for someone with my needs & issues & mom didn't know how to deal with it. Her methods of trying to help & encourage me were not good for me. Things woulda went a lot better for both of us if we weren't fighting with each other & she just accepted that was the way I was. Feeling a lot of pressure for things I feel I cant do & be makes me really angry & b!tchy & I want people to leave me the hell alone & get off my case. I tend to be easy going but too much pressure & stress makes me very defensive & I feel like a scared animal backed into a corner, I'll lash out & try to fight back verbally(not physically). Despite having horrible social skills, when I'm very angry I seem to know the exact worst things to say to someone to make them feel like complete cr@p.

I did have some privacy in my room but my parents took the lock off my door when I was a tween because I kept locking them out on school mornings.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2023, 7:06 am

nick007 wrote:
Rexi wrote:
Me & my mom fought alot about me not wanting to get up for school & me not wanting to study or do homework. The biggest thing we fought about then was me being an extremely picky eater & mom hated having to cook special meals for me. We also fought about my parents changing plans & schedules with me. My parents liked to change things around a bit & since I got upset when things changed at the last minute they started waiting to tell me to tell me things till the last minute that involved me & I was expected to deal with it. My mom was critical of various things about me & she joked about me a lot but it's hard to tell that she's joking. When she got extremely mad she made a bit of meaningless threats about sending me to military school, sending me to juvie, kicking me out, or putting me up for adoption. I never did anything really bad as a teen compared to what a lot of teens do. Me & mom also fought about me spending most all my spare time in my room instead of having friends or me helping with chores, or doing something more productive with life. In some ways my childhood & teen years were very easy compared to LOTS of people but it was not rite for someone with my needs & issues & mom didn't know how to deal with it. Her methods of trying to help & encourage me were not good for me. Things woulda went a lot better for both of us if we weren't fighting with each other & she just accepted that was the way I was. Feeling a lot of pressure for things I feel I cant do & be makes me really angry & b!tchy & I want people to leave me the hell alone & get off my case. I tend to be easy going but too much pressure & stress makes me very defensive & I feel like a scared animal backed into a corner, I'll lash out & try to fight back verbally(not physically). Despite having horrible social skills, when I'm very angry I seem to know the exact worst things to say to someone to make them feel like complete cr@p.

I did have some privacy in my room but my parents took the lock off my door when I was a tween because I kept locking them out on school mornings.

That must've been really hard to get through, not the normal threats a parent puts onto their child. I notice people's opinions can be the worst just because of our rigidity and quirks, and they think threats will work but once threatened there will be a lot of trust falling out. Not to mention it just points out the person's instability and lack of reasoning or being reasonable about things not all people can be expected the same to do.

Yep, when my parents would push me to my limits saying things that weren't true or revealed an understanding, I also snapped.

Since I haven't had a lot of sleep now I'm getting through a UTI, hurts but I'm taking treatment and I'm all stashed up with food. I will still try to get out today regardlessly, even if it's just to ride the bus. The other day I was doing shopping and since I have no car, carrying the shops made my broken meniscus get worse again.

Thankfully I found where my mom stored my wheeled bag, I expect to use it much more although I don't know how she could've stained it without even using it. She does keep moving my stuff, and now we don't even have much shared stuff anymore.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2023, 7:08 pm

piss

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2023, 12:59 am

I find that music gets me out of bed.