Put on some music. 17%  17%  [ 3 ]
Clean my face and brush my teeth. 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Start doing my bed. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Go back to sleep. 33%  33%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 18

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

26 Mar 2023, 3:32 pm

The past days I've been stuck in my bed for most of my day, it is a common autistic issue having to do with executive dysfunction. My friend used to say "find a reason to do it, instead of one not to do it." I think that's some great advice.

Here I am, tucked under my blanket, trying to find something to motivate my mind to get my body active.

"Executive dysfunction is a term used to describe faults or weaknesses in the cognitive process that organizes thoughts and activities, prioritizes tasks, manages time efficiently, and makes decisions. Executive function skills are used to establish structures and strategies for managing projects and to determine the actions required to move each project forward. People with executive dysfunction often struggle to organize materials, regulate emotions, set schedules and stick with tasks. They misplace papers, reports, and other school materials. They might have similar problems keeping track of their personal items or keeping their bedroom organized."

______

x Walking a bit doesn't sound so bad, I want to stretch my legs and use my muscles.
x It's a new day, I can do some organizing in my room and I don't need rest right now.
x It's going to get me food.

What are your reasons to get out of bed?

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 3:52 pm

Food is a good one.

Then joining local groups, so you have to get up to get ready

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

26 Mar 2023, 4:21 pm

klanka wrote:
Food is a good one.

Then joining local groups, so you have to get up to get ready

Good idea.
Tomorrow I have a hair appointment so that's just what I need. :mrgreen:

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 4:57 pm

Personally I don't like to eat straight away. Makes me feel queasy. I put on my playlist first, then get dressed. Usually I eat on commute because I don't have time to sit down and eat breakfast. Typically a pastry or toast.

Weekends are great though because I can actually sit down and have a proper breakfast. :)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 5:13 pm

Go back to sleep.
Sleep is good.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 5:39 pm

The first thing I do is take my ADHD meds and stumble downstairs to feed my four ravenous pets so they don't eat me, which has been known to happen.

Does that count?

My hand is chewed up from this morning.

None of the voting options happen for me.
I don't eat for several hours, and seldom make my bed or get dressed.

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 5:49 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
Personally I don't like to eat straight away. Makes me feel queasy. I put on my playlist first, then get dressed. Usually I eat on commute because I don't have time to sit down and eat breakfast. Typically a pastry or toast.

Weekends are great though because I can actually sit down and have a proper breakfast. :)

Sometimes that's been me but I'm not really eating lately and since I have had digestive symptoms for months fasting makes it worse.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 6:22 pm

Rexi wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:

Sometimes that's been me but I'm not really eating lately and since I have had digestive symptoms for months fasting makes it worse.[/u][/b]

Odd, but fasting brings on diarrhea in me.
"Interesting." 8)

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 10:58 pm

To please someone.
Whether it's out of genuine care and love, or out of guilty conscience and resenting obligation.

Another thing was to think forwards.
Whether it's hope, to look forward to something, anticipation of pleasure or punishment, or any potential consequence of getting up or not getting up.

Personally?
I don't have a good reason to get out of bed.
Let alone work for 12+ hours a day.

Maybe except by just being bored.
Or to spite something or someone.

Nothing specific except passively looking for something new.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 11:31 pm

i'm on the 6-hour diet [18 hour daily fast] so breakfast is not generally a thing for me. thing that makes me leave the cozy comfort of my sack is body aches and pains from having lied down for too long, in addition to having to empty bladder and bowels. if not for that, i've been known to sleep 20+ hours a day rather like a cat. :cat:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 12:25 am

Edna3362 wrote:

Personally?
I don't have a good reason to get out of bed.
Let alone work for 12+ hours a day.

I am retired.
(Well, I have been retired since I was 50.)
I don't have to get out of bed in the morning at all. :mrgreen:
I only do so to check I haven't died yet. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 12:30 am

auntblabby wrote:
i'm on the 6-hour diet [18 hour daily fast] so breakfast is not generally a thing for me. thing that makes me leave the cozy comfort of my sack is body aches and pains from having lied down for too long, in addition to having to empty bladder and bowels. if not for that, i've been known to sleep 20+ hours a day rather like a cat. :cat:

Same...
Same...
Same...

For most of my life, I have been on the 18hr fast, skipping breakfast.
These days, I am doing the 5x2 diet. It is working, slowly. I just need to do moderate exercise to hasten the process.
The trouble is, as I have indicated, my preference is to stay in bed. :mrgreen:

Yep, those aches and pains get you if you stay in bed too long.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 12:46 am

Quest for caffeine and nicotine then feed pets.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 2:34 am

Misslizard wrote:
Quest for caffeine and nicotine then feed pets.

1. Eat Pets.
2. Floss... :mrgreen:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 2:21 pm

I'm not stuck in bed most of the day because I have to get up and go to a different room to use my computer. My mother and I discussed getting a laptop, but we decided to just stick with a stationary computer. Actually, it was her decision, mostly, I really didn't care one way or the other.

And of course, I have do have some minor daily household tasks, such as feed the dishes and wash the cat. I mean, cat the dishes and feed the wash... wait, what? :?

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 2:42 am

auntblabby wrote:

I get those too in the morning, and also cramps in my ribs, mg deficiency or something. Cramps are the curse bestowed upon me, I need only move my muscles in the wrong way and I trigger them.