After planning for two weeks, she let us down

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2023, 9:59 pm

A couple weeks ago, while at a birthday celebration, I and friend talked about taking another friend out for her birthday. This friend had also set up a group text with three other friends. Finally, we had even set a date, which was set for tonight.

Well, I had left the group text because it was getting to be distracting. I also didn’t hear from this friend. So I thought we were good to go. So, I headed up to that area right?

About an hour before we were set to meet, I got a phone call from another friend who was also invited. She called to confirm with me if I had gotten word that our friend, who originally made plans with me, decided to make it about her and cancel the event on us.

Her reasons? Her parents threw a big birthday party for someone else the night before. So, “She felt more and more tired” as the day wore on.

My other friend and I were very upset with her this evening. We have both decided that she’s a very self-centered person.

For example, she didn’t take into consideration the fact that my friend had saved up a lot of money for a ride share service and dinner. Additionally, my friend had to cancel her ride and explain to the situation to her driver, who was already enroute.

Blue_Star
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Mar 2023, 2:57 am

I'm curious why the two (or more) of you didn't just go have fun w/o the third friend?

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Well, I had left the group text because it was getting to be distracting.

Chat threads/groups can be muted in most apps. Then they won't ding your phone, but you can still go in to read them later. I do this myself, because the constant dings for attention raise my anxiety level greatly.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2023, 4:54 am

Yes, my other friend and I discussed this last night when she called me to let me know what was going on. Believe me, both of us were very upset this friend. We have had other issues with her before.

A. She only texts us when she wants to dump on us about how autism affects her life and how no one understands her. We feel like we have to bend over backwards for her. Yet, she never does the same.

B. Though she told me a few days earlier, she ditched me for 40th birthday and said she didn’t want to go out on a Sunday night because she didn’t want to be too tired for work.

Luckily my friend celebrating her birthday was in good spirits. I tried to get her to come meet me but she decided to have dinner with her friends