I just wanted to show off my two prize guitars

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

stratozyck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Mar 2023, 12:25 am

Hello, I want to show off two of my electric guitars that I regularly play.

https://imgur.com/OC76mLL

One is a Telecaster Professional I, the other is a Gibson ES-339. The amp is a Marshall tube amp. I bought bought guitars used so I did not pick the color, but I am OK with that. The Gibson ES-339 is probably my favorite, but I also love the Telecaster. I think the Gibson fits my style of play - I play mainly bluesy clean guitar. The Telecaster, however, I think sounds stronger on the bridge pickup than the Gibson does on its bridge pickup. The Tele has more of a "knock the door down with an axe" sound whereas the neck Gibson pickup is so mellow you want to invite it in - no need to break down doors.

The Gibson also has a really warm smell to it. I think its because it came with a Gibson case that I store it in. It smells like it sounds.

I've been playing on and off for 20 years and lately have been making a push to get better. I see guitar as a supporting creative effort to my other main pursuits in life. If I don't play guitar, I end up playing video games.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 6:46 pm

Nice rig. :wtg:
Do you ever get to crank the DSL?

I haven't used my amps in ages, I just connect my pedalboard and a cab sim box to the aux in on my computer.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 6:56 pm

Drool!

I have a pretend Gibson ES-339 , an Epiphone Dot in cherry (my favourite of all my guitars).

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 6:58 pm

Recidivist wrote:
Drool!

I have a pretend Gibson ES-339 , an Epiphone Dot in cherry (my favourite of all my guitars).

Aren't Dots pretend -335s, not -339s?

The -339 has a smaller body.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 7:05 pm

^

Um! Now you've stumped me. Just googled, and you are right, 335 is a dot , the 339 is just called a 339 Doh!

stratozyck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2023, 5:02 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

I haven't used my amps in ages, I just connect my pedalboard and a cab sim box to the aux in on my computer.

Sortof, but what I like about it is that it has a lower volume setting that it still sounds good on. I bought a Fender Twin Reverb a long time ago and that thing sounds great but it has a minimum volume at which it sounds great.

Downside of buying the Fender Twin used was that I realized it needs new tubes. It sounds like it has a blanket over it. I may just put it on FB marketplace instead to try to get rid of it. Its really heavy.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 5:09 pm

stratozyck wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Sortof, but what I like about it is that it has a lower volume setting that it still sounds good on. I bought a Fender Twin Reverb a long time ago and that thing sounds great but it has a minimum volume at which it sounds great.

Downside of buying the Fender Twin used was that I realized it needs new tubes. It sounds like it has a blanket over it. I may just put it on FB marketplace instead to try to get rid of it. Its really heavy.

Ahh, I've gotten used to hearing Marshalls listed among the 'gotta crank it to get it to sound good' club, but I'm glad that hasn't been the case for you.

My brother left his Traynor YCV40B here, it sounds pretty good.
I always come back to either my Crate or the VH-140 and VS8100 preamp clones.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 5:30 pm

Very nice!
I like your walls too! :P