A close friend and I are done with another friend

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 9:04 am

First, this is an updated post to an original one that I just wrote about in "Social Skills and Making Friends," on Sunday night. So if you would like to read about what happened as a reference, it's titled, "After two weeks of planning, she let us down."

Long story short, a close friend and I were very upset with another friend who not only makes everything about her but is also controlling as well. She had the nerve to cancel a girl's birthday celebration that she wasn't even hosting at the last minute.

Despite the fact that my friend and I have been upset with this person and tried to let her know that her actions were not acceptable, she kept making excuses. "I am sorry that I let you down but I had a lot going on and I feel like falling asleep at the last minute. I will reschedule for another time."

However, I decided that she may be a good person with good qualities but that she's just not a good friend who seems to live in her own world because she's self-absorbed. So I decided to ghost her but did some research which suggests that you can be honest but don't communicate after.

I told her in a text, "I will have to look at my schedule but I don't think I have time. Plus, I don't think we really have anything in common." Honestly we don't

Meanwhile, my friend was not so nice to this friend when her mother chimed in and started blame-shifting us for "Overreacting," and holding it against us for "Making a mistake," which was not intentional. She openly told them that she was not going to tolerate their manipulation and their gaslighting and was done with them.

Afterward, we both agreed that we had nothing in common with her next to feeling like things were one-sided and negative. We also felt like was never really interested in us but she seemed to use us to play her therapists.