Georgia teen hospitalized after alleged torture, hazing

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 11:47 am

Glynn County Police are investigating the alleged torture of Trent Lehrkamp, who remains hospitalized

Quote:
Georgia police are investigating reports that Trent Lehrkamp, 19, was forced to guzzle vodka and take mushrooms by a group of teens before he lost consciousness and was allegedly tied to a chair, urinated on and spray-painted, according to online reports and officials

Three minors allegedly dropped off Lehrkamp at the hospital and registered their names with the ER, the release says.

Lehrkamp had spray paint on him and was being "treated for a high level of intoxication from a mixture of controlled substances and alcohol," according to the release.

Trent Lehrkamp was in the ICU after an alleged hazing incident involving minors at a high school in Brunswick, Georgia.
A Facebook post from an account calling itself Glynn County Citizens on Patrol shows a photo of four boys posing around a man who appears to be passed out with his head slumped to the side and covered in items and substances.

One of the boys is flashing both middle fingers. The post identifies the victim as Lehrkamp. A second photo shows a man, also identified as Lehrkamp, on a ventilator in a hospital.

"The Glynn Academy students on St. Simons Island are about to make national news," says the caption above the photos. "These fine young men bound an unconscious and unresponsive boy to a chair, spray-painted him from head to toe, pissed on him, took a s--- in his lap and the list goes on and on. Then dropped him off at the ER. Now he’s on a ventilator fighting for his life. This has all since been removed from SnapChat. Is this what our community has become?"

School officials said some of the teens shown in the photo are current students at Glynn Academy High School in Brunswick, Georgia.

A 10-second video clip, also posted to Glynn County Citizens on Patrol Facebook page, shows Lehrkamp seated in a chair at night, his head slumped over, as a hose is trained on him. At least nine people can be seen in the footage as a teen faces the camera and says, "This is dude perfect!"

Police interviewed Lehrkamp Sunday at the hospital after executing search warrants on the residence on St. Simons Island where the incident occurred, and have questioned several teens that were involved, the release says.

A GoFundMe account, titled Justice for Trent, says that Lehrkamp went out with a group of people he thought were his friends who had picked him up from his home.

Trent wouldn’t know until it was too late that these were not friends, but vile and abusive perpetrators who would go on to torture, humiliate, and assault him in inhumane, terrifying ways for hours," the post says. "He was dropped off in front of the ER doors. He was deemed inconclusive to life; only passing six breaths per minute. Since that evening, Trent has been on a ventilator in the ICU, battling fevers and a lung infection."

The fundraiser, organized by Erika Keller, had raised $29,587 as of Monday morning. Keller didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Several of the individuals who allegedly participated in Lehrkamp's torture hail from prominent local families, sources told the Brunswick News. Many in the community have questioned whether this is the reason for the dearth of local coverage and lack of progress in the investigation, the outlet reported.

Lehrkamp's mother, who worked as a school teacher, passed away unexpectedly in 2021 at the age of 43, according to her obituary.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 8:01 pm

FBI joins Georgia probe as depraved new details of abuse emerge

Quote:
Georgia police announced Monday that the FBI has joined the investigation into the horrific hazing of Trent Lehrkamp, 19, who remains hospitalized after a group of teens reportedly forced him to guzzle vodka, tied him to a chair and urinated on him.

The shocking assault prompted hundreds of people to attend a vigil Monday night outside the Brunswick hospital, where Lehrkamp is recovering, to demand charges against his perpetrators, according to WSAV.com.

Glynn County Police said in a press release that the FBI and the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) are helping conduct interviews and analyze electronic evidence related to the disturbing March 21 bullying incident that left Lehrkamp covered in spray paint and unable to breathe on his own.

A police source said earlier reports indicating that Lehrkamp is on the autism spectrum are not true.

Fox News Digital obtained an incident report that reveals Lehrkamp was victimized at the same St. Simons Island home just five days prior, according to his father.

Mark Lehrkamp told police that on March 17 his son returned from the same friend's house "covered in WD-40, vomit, paint, glue, egg yolk and spray paint."

A few weeks prior, Mark said he had to take his son to the emergency room after visiting the same friend's home because he returned with a "severe laceration" above his left eye that needed stitches.

Mark told police that his son kept going to the friend's home despite the abuse because he "has no other friends."

"He is accepted and with people he thinks care for him," Mark allegedly told police. The father said he had photos and video of all the past incidents of alleged assault.

Bolding=mine
There was an earlier report that the Autism claims were on his Facebook page which was not reliable and IMHO might have been part of the hazing.

Terrible that hazing still going on over 40 years since I graduated. Even then once in a while some pledge would die, and there would be vows to stop the practice. And it has been pretty much the same routine during the ensuing decades.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 8:36 pm

WTF ???

Are the little pricks in custody??

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2023, 10:54 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
WTF ???

Are the little pricks in custody??

No. They come from connected families but hopefully, with the FBI getting involved this will change.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 12:45 am

This sounds familiar
Several of the individuals who allegedly participated in Lehrkamp's torture hail from prominent local families, sources told the Brunswick News. Many in the community have questioned whether this is the reason for the dearth of local coverage and lack of progress in the investigation, the outlet reported.

Psychopaths who rise to the top of society tend to also have psychopathic kids. I can vouch for such individuals in elite private schools.