Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 12:51 am

I took a break from dating site for almost 2 months. I have a question,can a man still want me if I’m home all day? I cannot walk too good, I can still walk, I have alot of pain in my ankle from when I broke my ankle almost 5 years ago, my ankle healed, but my bones didn’t heal right, I had to learn to walk on my other foot, but I think I damaged it, cuz of Cerebral Palsy. My muscles can be weak, I can do exercises to make them stronger. Because my muscles can be weak, I never learn how to swim, I tried to swim, but my body won’t stay up near the water. I didn’t walk until I was 3 years old. Anyway, it can really hurt to walk, I have a wheelchair & walker.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 7:28 am

I think it's still possible for you to meet someone . Do they have meetups or coffee mornings in your area?

Muse933277
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 8:46 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
I have a question, can a man still want me if I’m home all day?

If you're hot, then yes. Just find yourself a traditional guy who believes in traditional gender roles so you can stay at the house while he goes to work.

MatchboxVagabond
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 5:47 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I took a break from dating site for almost 2 months. I have a question,can a man still want me if I’m home all day? I cannot walk too good, I can still walk, I have alot of pain in my ankle from when I broke my ankle almost 5 years ago, my ankle healed, but my bones didn’t heal right, I had to learn to walk on my other foot, but I think I damaged it, cuz of Cerebral Palsy. My muscles can be weak, I can do exercises to make them stronger. Because my muscles can be weak, I never learn how to swim, I tried to swim, but my body won’t stay up near the water. I didn’t walk until I was 3 years old. Anyway, it can really hurt to walk, I have a wheelchair & walker.

The father of one of my friends from grade school has cerebral palsy, so clearly it is possible. I'm not going to lie and suggest that it's necessarily easy. But, people have all sorts of tastes and you'll probably want to try and find a "head" person as in somebody that's more into intellectual things than somebody that expects to go on long hikes. (Although around here that's probably less of an issue as we have a few trails that are even accessible to people that can't get out of the wheelchair at all)

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 10:11 pm

klanka wrote:
I think it's still possible for you to meet someone . Do they have meetups or coffee mornings in your area?

What coffee mornings? I don’t know about meetups.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

31 Mar 2023, 7:40 am

Muse933277 wrote:
If you're hot, then yes. Just find yourself a traditional guy who believes in traditional gender roles so you can stay at the house while he goes to work.
Guys into traditional gender roles tend to expect women to handle most of the household chores like cooking & cleaning aka domestic responsibilities which I'm guessing would probably be a problem for Kitty. I think sex might could also be a potential problem for her & guys who are really into hot women might would want sex more often.

My advice Kitty would be to seek disabled guys. You could both relate to being disabled & if they are on some kinda benefits/assistance instead of working, you spending lots of time at home should not be a major problem. Disabled guys tend to struggle a lot more with dating compared to typical guys so they might really appreciate having someone who understands & relates to their situation.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2023, 8:08 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
klanka wrote:

What coffee mornings? I don’t know about meetups.

Around where I live there are little social events in churches on weekday mornings . You don't have to be religious to go to them.
I suppose in California it might be different,or not?

FleaOfTheChill
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2023, 8:11 am

nick007 wrote:
My advice Kitty would be to seek disabled guys. You could both relate to being disabled & if they are on some kinda benefits/assistance instead of working, you spending lots of time at home should not be a major problem. Disabled guys tend to struggle a lot more with dating compared to typical guys so they might really appreciate having someone who understands & relates to their situation.

I think that sounds like solid advice. There's something to be said for being with someone who 'gets it', whatever 'it' might be. Are there dating sites for people with disabilities? I imagine there has to be. It could very well be worth looking into.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

31 Mar 2023, 4:33 pm

FleaOfTheChill wrote:
nick007 wrote:

I think that sounds like solid advice. There's something to be said for being with someone who 'gets it', whatever 'it' might be. Are there dating sites for people with disabilities? I imagine there has to be. It could very well be worth looking into.
I've used various dating type sites for disabilities maybe 12-15 years ago & their member base was kinda small so members tended to be very spread out. There was also a much higher ratio of men to women on them so Kitty might have more of an advantage since she's a woman seeking a guy. Things might be mostly long distance thou till one is ready & able to relocate.

An alternative & potentially safer idea would be for her to seek guy on this forum. There are a bit of lonely guys here but members would also be very spread out. However a major advantage with online forums is that you can kinda get a feel for someone by going through their posts history. That's what my gf did here before she PMed me & I went through her posts some before replying; I don't consider that stalking, I consider it common sense. Read their recent posts, some of their 1st posts here, & various 1s somewhere in the middle. A person who's posted here for a while & seems kinda consistent is probably less likely to be a catfish or predator. That said the threat is still potentially there of coarse but just less likely than someone who creates a profile & sends out some PMs/DMs on a dating type site. Caution would be highly recommended with dating sites & online forums.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition