Sometimes I hate my days off work

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2023, 1:06 pm

Hate it sometimes when I am on my days off work, I'll be fine, laughing and seemingly happy for a couple of days then one day I'll start feeling down because I'm left alone with negative thoughts of comparing myself to others and stuff like that I've mentioned before. Sometimes I don't look forward to days off work as these thoughts nearly always keep returning.

On my days off, I can only seem to get myself to go out with I feel I ''have'' to get essentials I need at home. I can't seem to motivate myself to ''want'' to go out for my own pleasure, going round bookshops, shops for new clothes, museums etc like I sometimes used to do on my days off. I now nearly always stay indoors focusing on hobbies but then I get upset because I feel like I'm ''missing out on life'' if I don't go out even when I don't feel like wanting to go out.

If I go to stay round at my dad's house for a few days, I feel I ''should'' go out because I seem to think that if I'm always indoors and not going out, then it may seem like there is a problem. What can I do to resolve this ?