Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Cultus_Diabolus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2007, 1:34 pm

Boutique wrote:
Ticker wrote:
People try to talk to me at the church I started attending but I have no clue what to talk about with strangers.

PS: I like your fishy avatar Boutique. Do you have aquariums? I have over 40 fishes and am very attached to them.

I also have difficulty trying to talk in church, even with people that I know. A good friend of mine once told me that he had tried to talk to me, but I completely ignored him. I honestly had no clue whatsoever that he had tried to talk to me! That's how much difficulty I have trying to fit in with large groups of peoople.

Yes, I do have aquariums. I LOVE fishies and used to have 14 aquariums running. Now I am down to only 4 aquariums because I simply don't have the time and ability to care for more.

I have the same problem when it comes to agnoliging people when they talk so I always conshely think about it and try my best to listen and not just talk :P and over time ive notice and other people notice that my social skills are improving. so when it comes to problems communicating with people it doesn’t mean its permanent you just have to always work on it and find people to hang out with that are better at understanding you and what your not good at..

Boutique
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2007, 1:37 pm

Cultus_Diabolus wrote:
For the people who don’t like talking can’t talk allot or have trouble talking to people. I recommend you hang out with stoners. They will find every thing you have to say interesting. If your stoned you’ll find every thing interesting. And in general stoners are usly very accepting people when it comes to odd ball weird people like our selfs. –not saying all stoners are that way but a lot if not the majority are-

ROFL back in the days when I used to actually hang out with people, nearly all of them WERE stoners. They all used to envy my ability to be just as messed up as all of them without ever having to touch any drug or even a drop of alchohol! 8O

Spot17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2007, 1:39 pm

Cultus_Diabolus wrote:
For the people who don’t like talking can’t talk allot or have trouble talking to people. I recommend you hang out with stoners. They will find every thing you have to say interesting. If your stoned you’ll find every thing interesting. And in general stoners are usly very accepting people when it comes to odd ball weird people like our selfs. –not saying all stoners are that way but a lot if not the majority are-

:P I've got to agree with this. There's also another reason though. When you're stoned, you're not as self conscious and that makes a hell of a difference.

When I let my guard down, I can really get into a conversation. The problem is that afterwards, I question every little thing I said and fret that I came across as an obnoxious b**ch and now everyone hates me. I know on some level though that it's probably in my head. Because of that, I'm been making myself do it more and more. I'm starting to get back to the point I was at (before my ex crushed what self confidence I had) when I was younger where I didn't care what people thought of me. That doesn't mean I'm going to be purposely rude, that means I'm on my way to just being me and not worrying so much about what other people think of me.

My advice to you would be to keep trying to have conversations where you just let go and not worry about how you come across. Put yourself out there and keep doing it even if you find you want to crawl under a rock at times.

Boutique
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2007, 1:46 pm

Cultus_Diabolus wrote:
I have the same problem when it comes to agnoliging people when they talk so I always conshely think about it and try my best to listen and not just talk :P and over time ive notice and other people notice that my social skills are improving. so when it comes to problems communicating with people it doesn’t mean its permanent you just have to always work on it and find people to hang out with that are better at understanding you and what your not good at..

I think the problem in that situation was I was trying to pay attention to someone else who was talking me and I was trying not to lose track of my tornado of a toddler (a HUGE problem when we try to go anywhere), and my brain just wouldn't even register that my friend was trying to say hello. I do so much better at home on the computer where I can answer each email or IM individually and then move on to the next when I'm finished or when I can put one on hold and return to it when I can get to it.

Cultus_Diabolus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2007, 2:17 pm

Spot17 wrote:
Cultus_Diabolus wrote:

:P I've got to agree with this. There's also another reason though. When you're stoned, you're not as self conscious and that makes a hell of a difference.

When I let my guard down, I can really get into a conversation. The problem is that afterwards, I question every little thing I said and fret that I came across as an obnoxious b**ch and now everyone hates me. I know on some level though that it's probably in my head. Because of that, I'm been making myself do it more and more. I'm starting to get back to the point I was at (before my ex crushed what self confidence I had) when I was younger where I didn't care what people thought of me. That doesn't mean I'm going to be purposely rude, that means I'm on my way to just being me and not worrying so much about what other people think of me.

My advice to you would be to keep trying to have conversations where you just let go and not worry about how you come across. Put yourself out there and keep doing it even if you find you want to crawl under a rock at times.

The hole letting your guard down is very important in the rite situation. like when im hanging out with my dads gf family I can really be comfortable cause there all very nice people and I am always the life of a gathering and every one seems to love me and laugh at every thing I say. Although when im hanging out with people I don’t no or don’t no well I tend to be very queit and docile.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2007, 4:02 pm

I am having terrible trouble with conversation.
I either talk too much and too loud and don't let the other person get a word in, or I just stand there getting bored and frustrated, with nothing to say, while someone else goes on and on. I find listening to others almost unbearable, surely everyone is like that?
I can say odd bits and pieces, I tend to swing topics very rapidly and say random things, or I find myself totally lost and unable to engage unless the conversation is about something that interests me.

Boutique
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Aug 2007, 4:08 pm

Graelwyn wrote:
I am having terrible trouble with conversation.
I either talk too much and too loud and don't let the other person get a word in, or I just stand there getting bored and frustrated, with nothing to say, while someone else goes on and on. I find listening to others almost unbearable, surely everyone is like that?
I can say odd bits and pieces, I tend to swing topics very rapidly and say random things, or I find myself totally lost and unable to engage unless the conversation is about something that interests me.

I also rapidly swing topics. Someone will say something that connects to something entirely different in my mind, but no one else's. It's better when I'm posting or emailing and I can re-read what I wrote a few times correcting mistakes before sending it out for someone else to see. Even so, I probably come off sounding very strange to most people.

Cultus_Diabolus
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2007, 4:10 pm

i to have the problem of changing the topic alot xD

Spot17
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Aug 2007, 4:55 pm

Cultus_Diabolus wrote:
i to have the problem of changing the topic alot xD

Yeah, me too. I think that's why I get along with ADDers so well. They can actually follow my random train of thought. :P