Page 9 of 20 [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 6:55 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Best thing in the world that could happen ahead of an election. It will be a indicted past president and a dementia patient... What a time to be alive! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just remember to take a breath so you don’t drown from excessive Kool-aid consumption.

More like pop-corn overdose

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 7:02 pm

NBC News

Quote:
Bragg's office says it contacted Trump's lawyer to coordinate surrender
A Bragg spokesperson said in a statement that the district attorney's office contacted Trump's lawyer Thursday evening to make arrangements for his surrender, adding that details of his arraignment date are pending.

“This evening we contacted Mr. Trump’s attorney to coordinate his surrender to the Manhattan D.A.’s Office for arraignment on a Supreme Court indictment, which remains under seal," the spokesperson said, referring to the state's highest trial court. "Guidance will be provided when the arraignment date is selected.”

All uniformed NYPD officers will be on duty Friday, memo says
All uniformed New York City police officers were ordered to be on duty Friday beginning at 7 a.m., according to an NYPD memo obtained by NBC News.

The memo, issued at 5:33 p.m. on Thursday, said the order applied to all officers regardless of rank. Officers should prepare for deployment, the memo says.

The memo also reminded officers to be familiar with department identification policies and “unusual disorder” duties.

Officers “will remain prepared for mobilization at any time during their assigned tour,” the memo says.

Nikki Haley slams Trump's indictment as 'revenge'
Nikki Haley, Trump's only confirmed presidential challenger, criticized the indictment as "more about revenge" than justice.

In an appearance on Fox News, Haley said the Manhattan DA was pursuing the case for "political points."

"This is more about revenge than it is about justice," Haley wrote in a tweet featuring her Fox News appearance.

She said the country would be "better off" talking about other issues

Ron DeSantis slams Trump indictment as a 'weaponization of the legal system'
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a likely opponent of Trump's for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination, said his state will not assist in an extradition request if one is made for the former president.

"The weaponization of the legal system to advance a political agenda turns the rule of law on its head," DeSantis tweeted. "It is un-American."

DeSantis accused the Manhattan district attorney of "stretching the law" to target a political opponent.

"Florida will not assist in an extradition request given the questionable circumstances at issue with this Soros-backed Manhattan prosecutor and his political agenda," he said.

Stormy Daniels was horseback riding when she heard indictment news, lawyer says
Stormy Daniels’ attorney Clark Brewster told NBC News that his client was horseback riding when the news of Trump's indictment broke, went inside and was totally surprised to see the news.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Quantum duck
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Mar 2023, 7:07 pm

I’ll take the dementia patient - I feel like Reagan did less harm than trump.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 7:36 pm

Popcorn, anyone? :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 7:39 pm

Quantum duck wrote:

I'm not too sure about that, in terms of an international context.

To be klear: Trump :eew:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 7:45 pm

I'm gonna allow myself to sound really clueless here. I know he was under investigation like, forever, and I know he was shady af, but what crime was he indicted for? I don't follow news.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 7:50 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm gonna allow myself to sound really clueless here. I know he was under investigation like, forever, and I know he was shady af, but what crime was he indicted for? I don't follow news.

The final indictment remains sealed, but based on what I know of the case, the plain English summary is falsifying business records related to the Stormy Daniel’s payment. New York has a strong history of prosecuting this particular charge.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 7:56 pm

Seems I lost the bet on this one. I’m surprised. But heck, I’ve never claimed to be all knowing.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 8:02 pm

Quantum duck wrote:

That’s an interesting question. I don’t know if we will really know until a few more decades have passed. We’re only now really seeing the long term effects of some of Reagan’s policies.

I will also note that in both cases much of their destructive policies were the result of pressurized trends that existed beyond them, they just pulled the triggers.

But the level of outright breaking laws and safeguards seems to be unique to Trump. So far our safeguards have held, but if they break, then Trump wins the contest IMHO.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 8:16 pm

Well, his lawyer says he'll turn himself in early next week.
DeSatan says he won't extradite Trump to New York.
Who wants to bet Trump will make a run for it to Russia?

Persephone29
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 8:23 pm

Quantum duck wrote:

The AIDS patients who died under Reagan's administration would beg to differ, but to each his (or her) own.

Neurocognitive exam in May 2019, diagnosed with ASD, Asperger's type in June 2019.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 8:25 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

The final indictment remains sealed, but based on what I know of the case, the plain English summary is falsifying business records related to the Stormy Daniel’s payment. New York has a strong history of prosecuting this particular charge.

Thank you. I don't know who Stormy Daniels is, but sounds good to me.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 8:33 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
Seems I lost the bet on this one. I’m surprised. But heck, I’ve never claimed to be all knowing.

THAT's my job. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 9:32 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
Best thing in the world that could happen ahead of an election. It will be a indicted past president and a dementia patient... What a time to be alive! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just remember to take a breath so you don’t drown from excessive Kool-aid consumption.

:ketchup chips:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 10:41 pm

Associated Press News Article 

Associated Press News Video 

Quote:
NEW YORK (AP) -- Donald Trump has been indicted by a Manhattan grand jury, prosecutors and defense lawyers said Thursday, making him the first former U.S. president to face a criminal charge.

The charges remained under seal late Thursday, but the investigation centered on payments made during the 2016 presidential campaign to silence claims of an extramarital sexual encounter.  Prosecutors said they were working to coordinate Trump's surrender, which could happen early next week.  They did not say whether they intended to seek prison time in the event of a conviction.

Imma do my happy dance now . . .

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2023, 10:53 pm

Persephone29 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Persephone29 wrote:
I can live with that.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.