Job intereview..so nervous.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2023, 2:32 am

LIke yeah I am so anxious about it, I think I can do it but so anxious.

It is just for a coffee shop attatched to a nerd store, so like basically making drinks for nerds who are hanging to play table top games and such so can't be that hard so idk where all the anxiety is coming from...like they probably don't care if I'm Autistic they just want someone who will come in and give some coffee drinks to people who come in and want one. I just don't know if I can do it and if I am just embarrassing myself with this interview.

I can do it though I can, I am just so nervous and hate the feeling of that.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2023, 9:41 am

I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck. :heart:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2023, 3:43 pm

I went to do the interview today but they asked if we could rescedule for monday(seems like they forgot till I showed up). Kind of inconvenient but at least now I am not nervous about it anymore.

Turns out it's just a fellow human who also isn't perfect who'll be interviewing me so that's not so scary.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2023, 3:44 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I went to do the interview today but they asked if we could rescedule for monday(seems like they forgot till I showed up). Kind of inconvenient but at least now I am not nervous about it anymore.

Turns out it's just a fellow human who also isn't perfect who'll be interviewing me so that's not so scary.

Good way to look at it. :lol:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2023, 7:59 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
LIke yeah I am so anxious about it, I think I can do it but so anxious.

It is just for a coffee shop attatched to a nerd store, so like basically making drinks for nerds who are hanging to play table top games and such so can't be that hard so idk where all the anxiety is coming from...like they probably don't care if I'm Autistic they just want someone who will come in and give some coffee drinks to people who come in and want one. I just don't know if I can do it and if I am just embarrassing myself with this interview.

I can do it though I can, I am just so nervous and hate the feeling of that.

I'm really bad at interviews because I talk to everyone the same so I have no real advice. The job sounds really cool though so you should smash it. Good luck.

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2023, 10:10 am

Understandable. I try to reframe my nervousness: It means I care and want to do well. I means I have concerns and fears. I address the concerns to the degree I can/am willing and hope for the best/bear the rest. Remember, nervousness is akin to excitement. :wink:

I always "embarrass" myself during interviews --- and when I (eventually) get hired I know the company will likely be good enough for long enough. :) So few places are truly respectful (enough). I hope you found one and they can see past the "embarrassing" aspects to your light!!

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2023, 10:33 am

Good luck for Monday SL.