Girl arrested for throwing rock at bullies attacking her

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2005, 12:25 pm

thatrsdude wrote:
All the cops deserve to have all the rocks thrown at their heads.

PIG DESTROYER!

I agree. The police overreacted. They deserve to be punished.

I WAS NOT WHAT I HAD ALWAYS TRIED TO EMULATE.
INSTEAD A SHADOW OF FORMER GLORY.
AND THEN I CRIED.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2005, 1:24 pm

and people wonder why we need a revolution!

Serissa
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2005, 3:14 pm

Almost every aspect of that makes me feel sick.

thatrsdude
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2005, 4:45 pm

Malcolm_Scipo wrote:
thatrsdude wrote:
All the cops deserve to have all the rocks thrown at their heads.

PIG DESTROYER!

I agree. The police overreacted. They deserve to be punished.

I wasn't quite being serious. I suppose it's the people who make those laws that should have the rocks thrown at them. The cops were only doing their job I guess.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2005, 5:42 pm

I'd love to see how a cop would react if 6 peole bigger than him were throwing water ballons at him without permission. Taser's? Pepper spray?

Holy shi*! Those cops are insane. I'm starting to think California is fictional. Lots of stupid things happen there. Squad cars?!?!?!?! PREPARED FOR A GANG WAR?! JUVY?! WTF?!

PEOLE ARE STUPID

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2005, 6:18 pm

I spent somewhere between 6 and 9 months (I can't remember) at an institution in Fresno. I'm not all that surprised.

Although I also think this is reflecting how paranoid people are lately about seeing "criminals" everywhere.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2005, 6:20 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
I'd love to see how a cop would react if 6 peole bigger than him were throwing water ballons at him without permission. Taser's? Pepper spray?

Quite possibly. A cop even used a taser on a little boy relatively recently. (Not as old as the girl described above. Somewhere between 6 and 8.)

Not that all cops do things like that, but the fact that those who do are being given any power... <shudder>

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2005, 8:59 pm

Sean wrote:
The moral of the story, you do have the right to defend yoursef with physical and deadly force in California, regardess of age and be immune to prosecution. That kid in the news article will probably be rich shorly. I'll have to get the exact legal quote from my dad sometime.

Well, California is a mess. Be glad you aren't here. ;)

The teacher usually only notices the one who retaliates. How true. I wish I had realized that when I was younger. One of the kids in my class was teasing me (possibly about my glasses, or maybe something else) and I got mad and hit him on the head with my math workbook. It was only a soft cover book and I don't think it hurt him (afterwards, his sister who also happened to be one of the friendlier kids at school told me that her older brother deserved it). The teacher didn't believe he was teasing me and I got detention for a week during lunch.

CleverCait
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jul 2005, 9:45 pm

Sick.

The boys throwing water balloons obviously aren't the only ones involved who are guilty of bullying.

nirrti_1
Raven
Raven

16 Jul 2005, 11:43 pm

Namiko wrote:
The teacher usually only notices the one who retaliates. How true. I wish I had realized that when I was younger. One of the kids in my class was teasing me (possibly about my glasses, or maybe something else) and I got mad and hit him on the head with my math workbook. It was only a soft cover book and I don't think it hurt him (afterwards, his sister who also happened to be one of the friendlier kids at school told me that her older brother deserved it). The teacher didn't believe he was teasing me and I got detention for a week during lunch.

But I betcha ole' choir boy never messed with you again......and if you had gone by the rules, that bubble wrap for brains teacher would've blamed you.

Yep,...been there, done that....forget that. :evil:

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2005, 4:28 am

anbuend wrote:
Sarcastic_Name wrote:

Quite possibly. A cop even used a taser on a little boy relatively recently. (Not as old as the girl described above. Somewhere between 6 and 8.)

Not that all cops do things like that, but the fact that those who do are being given any power... <shudder>

WHAT THE HELL!

AND THEN I CRIED.

nirrti_1
Raven
Raven

17 Jul 2005, 4:46 am

anbuend wrote:
Sarcastic_Name wrote:

There was also another child about 6 years old, who got tazered by police while in school. And recently, there was a 7 year old girl who threw a big tantrum in class. The teachers couldn't hold her down due to risk of injury and liability so they called the police who handcupped the girl and took her to the station until her mother came to pick her up.

I noticed one thing all these children have in common.....They're all non-white children from disadvantaged backgrounds. Why is it that the police only find it necessary to use excessive force on minority children? Surely with white Americans making up 70% of the population, there have to be white children in similar situations.

Oh wait! I just answered my own question.....because people wouldn't feel the need to call the police in the first place if everything about each incident was similar..... except that the children were white, suburban kids from upper-class backgrounds.

[SARCASM]After all, you never know if a 6 year-old kid could be packin' heat and you know how dangerous those "inner-city"(read "minority") children can be.[/SARCASM]

Tekneek
Toucan
Toucan

17 Jul 2005, 6:32 am

anbuend wrote:

The problem is that the police are not put away for any of it. When they abuse their power, they should not only be removed from authority, but they should be charged. I'll never understand the concept, in our society, that the police are above the law. When the police are allowed to act unreasonably, or allowed to break the law while not on an actual police duty, we are in a dangerous situation.

My wife was telling me about a news story, a few weeks back or so, where the police pulled a pregnant woman over for a run-of-the-mill traffic violation. She had a small child in the backseat, and was very much pregnant, so she did not wish to get out of the vehicle. The police officer used his little Tazer (sp) such that she suffered burns on her thigh. By all evidence we could find, there was no need for her to leave the vehicle other than he just felt like exerting a little excessive power on the average citizen.

Moreover
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jul 2005, 6:38 am

i was disgusted by that story, surely common sense would prevail.

just glad that doesnt happen over here, i wouldnt be surprised if it headed that way though.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2005, 2:51 pm

It just really grieves me to know that minor occasions and happenings with the same or similar nature have happened in other places, not just this time. In America, about 70% of the population is caucasian (European or white), but that also means that 30% are something other than caucasian. In California, due to immigration from Mexico and Asia, the minority numbers are probably higher than they are in a lot of other states.

What I'm trying to say is that the people who have the most power to effect justice almost always blame the minorities. A lot of the minorities come from disadvantaged families, with both parents struggling to afford food, clothing and education for their children, and not all of these families speak English very well, if at all. Why should the population be picking on these people? We really shouldn't. It's bullying, only on a larger scale.

Malcolm_Scipo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2005, 3:23 pm

Namiko wrote:
It just really grieves me to know that minor occasions and happenings with the same or similar nature have happened in other places, not just this time. In America, about 70% of the population is caucasian (European or white), but that also means that 30% are something other than caucasian. In California, due to immigration from Mexico and Asia, the minority numbers are probably higher than they are in a lot of other states.

What I'm trying to say is that the people who have the most power to effect justice almost always blame the minorities. A lot of the minorities come from disadvantaged families, with both parents struggling to afford food, clothing and education for their children, and not all of these families speak English very well, if at all. Why should the population be picking on these people? We really shouldn't. It's bullying, only on a larger scale.

I agree.

AND THEN I CRIED.