Any movie recos? I’m isolating.

Page 4 of 5 [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2023, 1:00 pm

Just had round 2 of one IV antibiotic and they’ve added another oral antibiotic to cover a different class of bacteria. I guess when labs don’t pinpoint the culprit they just go for a total broad spectrum kill of the likely candidates.

Feeling significantly better this morning. Swelling is way down. I didn’t even bother taking any ibuprofen this morning and I was taking 400-800mg every 2-5 hours as needed depending on how bad it hurt. Probably took a few dozen or so 200mg ibuprofen over a few days.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2023, 6:48 pm

Watching the 2021 version of Dune rn. 8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 9:44 pm

Update: Still alive and on the mend. 2 more days of IV antibiotics scheduled then a consult with an ENT Wednesday, but unless medically necessary I think I’m gonna avoid surgery.

In other news, I’ll have at least another few days off work (lol I’ve worked like a couple weeks all year) before I tackle a small contract SO might make time to watch some of the movies reco’d here as some of them stood out as potentially being particularly good. 8)

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 11:38 pm

good to hear about your healing powers. :wtg:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 12:11 am

auntblabby wrote:

Aaah yes, my power to drive to the ER and get needles in my veins & swallow pills.. super mystical extra special healing powers. :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 12:16 am

Glad to hear you're doing better.
I'm curious which antibiotics they're using.
Did you finish you school course?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 1:07 am

goldfish21 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Aaah yes, my power to drive to the ER and get needles in my veins & swallow pills.. super mystical extra special healing powers. :lol:

you're still YOUNG. chances are, if you were my age things likely wouldn't be quite as copacetic.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 1:25 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Glad to hear you're doing better.
I'm curious which antibiotics they're using.
Did you finish you school course?

The oral one is metronidazole 500mg 3x daily.

Can’t recall either of the names of the 2 IV ones they gave the first night not which IV one they gave the last 2 and next 2 mornings.

Ya finished successfully about a month ago. Going through the application process for the major union as construction labourer (I don’t meet their requirements for carpenters helper despite more than a decade of construction experience but w/e I can earn a promotion) and I may also be accepted as a plasterer with my years of drywall finishing experience because people in trowel trades are in pretty high demand. I’d rather work in the wood shop for the variety of work, buuuut, apparently they pay even higher rates for plasterers sooo w/e I’ll take what classifications they’ll offer.

I’ll apply to the low budget union as well. But there’s no union work going on here right now, it’s the biggest lull in 8 years. Then things start in ~June and pick up pace through September and will be back to boom times beyond that. I could seek non union work easily, but am lazily doing my own contracting and spending more time with my dad because his health is dicey and we need to make sure he does things like eat food and stay alive. Sooo, ya, finished school but between injury, illness, and my dad’s health I’ve really only worked a couple weeks all year and I’m not super proactively looking for a job or much work rn just kinda taking things as they come and dealing with life.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 1:31 am

Flagyl!! That's good stuff but tastes like arse. ^

Congrats on finishing!!

Lots of my ancestors were plasterers on old census reports.

I have a relative who works in HazMat on movie sets. He cleaned up on Pirates of the Caribbean etc. I have no idea what would be hazardous in that but he's dealt with blood and drugs and lots of dangerous movie sets.

I still wish you could do my cold cellar. :roll:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 11:26 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Lol if only flight across Canada were as cheap as from Washington state to Las Vegas. :p

If I ever did you’d have a cold cellar fit for a premium Airbnb. :lol: My work has gotten Very Good -> I’ve trained under 4 different guys with 50+ years experience and learned The Ways sooo I can turn out some Very Smooth walls & ceilings. 8) Hypothetically, even if I never did anything different for work, if I just worked full tilt on Taping I’d earn a Good living.

It’s kinda-dirty dusty work, buuut, learn to manipulate semi-liquid material with a trowel and you’ll never be poor. Drywall, plaster, concrete/pools etc - endless work for a talented hand working a flexible rectangle of steel.

Besides blood/bodily fluids, not entirely sure what they’d consider hazmat on a movie set.. who knows - maybe even anything slippery; fake snow etc.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 12:24 pm

Regarding HAZMAT...didn't the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise films have cannons and muskets and explosions? Wouldn't gunpowder qualify as a HAZMAT?

Regarding visits to the hospital...your priorities and mine differ. Inpatient, outpatient, or accompanying my bride I'm interested in the food!

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 1:15 pm

Gunpowder would be the domain of a Props person/Armourer. I don’t think spent gunpowder is a hazmat.

Hospital food? :? Strange. Most complain that it’s super bland/flavourless/boring. I suppose if I were someone who was going hungry I’d be interested in a meal, but I eat almost anything I want any time I want. I mean, not non-stop steal & lobster, buuut we eat well. Hospital food is only acceptable to stay alive.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 3:24 pm

The hospital where we go for most of our medical care has pretty good food. We typically try to schedule our trips there to accommodate a trip to the dining hall (my bride particularly favors Taco Tuesdays).

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 4:20 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Lol if only flight across Canada were as cheap as from Washington state to Las Vegas. :p

If I ever did you’d have a cold cellar fit for a premium Airbnb. :lol: My work has gotten Very Good -> I’ve trained under 4 different guys with 50+ years experience and learned The Ways sooo I can turn out some Very Smooth walls & ceilings. 8) Hypothetically, even if I never did anything different for work, if I just worked full tilt on Taping I’d earn a Good living.

It’s kinda-dirty dusty work, buuut, learn to manipulate semi-liquid material with a trowel and you’ll never be poor. Drywall, plaster, concrete/pools etc - endless work for a talented hand working a flexible rectangle of steel.

Besides blood/bodily fluids, not entirely sure what they’d consider hazmat on a movie set.. who knows - maybe even anything slippery; fake snow etc.

My dad built cabin cruiser boats by hand, and in his retirement he worked at the boatyard doing dry dock repairs or custom builds. I'll never forget him covered in dusty, sticky blue stuff this time of year when preparing for launch. I think the blue stuff was something to do with fibreglass? Does that sound right?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2023, 4:57 pm

My best guess was some sort of mould release product.. googled - several of them are dyed blue. Probably that.

ReyReyReyes
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Apr 2023, 1:25 am

Hello, hope you are doing well. Movie recommendations, well I've recently watched the two Knives out movies. Other movies like those too such as John Wick and Creed movies are right up the alley. Bullet train is also a good recommendation but keep looking through your streaming platforms with various options.