U.S. argues for immunity in MK-ULTRA mind-control case

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2023, 9:22 pm

Quote:
U.S. argues for immunity in MK-ULTRA mind-control case before Quebec Court of Appeal
Summary by City News
A proposed class-action lawsuit over infamous brainwashing experiments at a Montreal psychiatric hospital was before Quebec's highest court Thursday, as victims attempted to remove immunity granted to the United States government.
Published 6 days ago · Montreal, Canada

https://ground.news/article/749fe1af-2c ... dium=Apr04

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2023, 9:24 pm

Quote:
The U.S. government is arguing for immunity in a case in Quebec, Canada, dealing with its MK-ULTRA mind control program.

The U.S. government had successfully argued in Aug. 2022 in the Quebec Superior Court that it couldn’t be sued for its MK-ULTRA experiments, which included electroshocks and sleep deprivation, between the 1940s and 1960s.

But a class–action lawsuit filed by victims of brainwashing experiments that took place at Montreal’s Allan Memorial Institute appealed that ruling to remove immunity protection.

From CBC:

On Thursday, a lawyer representing the United States government told the Quebec Court of Appeal that the country should be immune from prosecution and that any lawsuit against the U.S. government should be filed in that country.

The court case stems from a class-action lawsuit filed against McGill University — which was affiliated to the psychiatric hospital — Montreal’s Royal Victoria Hospital and the Canadian and U.S. governments after Montrealers allegedly had their memories erased and were reduced to childlike states.

Class-action lawyer Jeff Orenstein said Thursday he believes Canada’s 1982 State Immunity Act, which outlines how foreign states can be sued in the country, is retroactive and can apply in this case.

He said the 1982 act allows foreign states to be sued in cases of bodily injury.

“But this took place in the 1950s and ’60s,” Orenstein told reporters, regarding the psychological experiments. “And so the exception had not been in effect during that period so (the U.S.) argued that the old law would prevail and the old law was absolute immunity.”

“We don’t think that Canadian citizens who are injured on Canadian soil are required to go to the United States to sue,” the lawyer added.

MK-ULTRA was an illegal joint venture between the CIA and the Canadian government from 1953-1973 aimed at researching and applying covert mind control techniques.

The lawsuit, filed in 2019, claims that the Canadian government funded psychiatric treatments by Dr. Ewen Cameron at the Allan Memorial Institute between 1948 and 1964.

77 victims subjected to the mind control experiments, such as chemically-induced comas, torture techniques, sleep deprivation and electroshock, received compensation from the Canadian government in 1992.

But neither the Canadian government, the CIA, nor any of the health clinics involved with the Allan Memorial Institute experiments have issued formal apologies.

“We are seeking damages, damages for the victims, the families…anyone who has basically suffered and they are still suffering,” Orenstein said. “This is why we launched a class-action lawsuit because the families deserve more compensation than they received back in 1992.”

https://www.infowars.com/posts/u-s-asks ... round.news

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 1:43 pm

Interesting. I had no idea this crap went down in Canada.

Makes sense to me that Canadians who are victims of crime in Canada shouldn't have to go to some other country to sue the people responsible. Get your asses back here and face them in maple syrup court.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 4:56 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Interesting. I had no idea this crap went down in Canada.

Canada has been a hub of black operations for forever.
Many Canadian citizens, in particular, have been harassed through electronics.

A person who called themselves "Raven" was one of the main activists against "Electronic Harassment".
Presumably, after 4 decades, the harassment has stopped.

stratozyck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Apr 2023, 6:31 pm

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! Wait whats that buzzing sound I hear?

I totally agree, the US government should get immunity. All hail the US government, the greatest government ever to have existed.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2023, 6:37 pm

stratozyck wrote:

I totally agree, the US government should get immunity. All hail the US government, the greatest government ever to have existed.

Behave. :mrgreen:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2023, 2:59 am

Would like to start a thread on MKUltra....not sure which thread to put it

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2023, 5:36 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Well, you could say THIS thread is an MKULTRA thread.
I have plans to use it as such.
It might eventually land in the PPR forum.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2023, 5:41 pm

stratozyck wrote:

Some ppl may not understand what you are alluding to.
If someone wants me to elaborate, I will.

Consider the concept of "Disinformation".

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2023, 7:15 pm

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Well, you could say THIS thread is an MKULTRA thread.
I have plans to use it as such.
It might eventually land in the PPR forum.

The mind control testing under the overarching umbrella of MKUltra was/is quite far reaching. In intelligence circles it falls under the category called "Psy-ops"

In the 1960s a number of serving military were (without consent) given hallucinogens (LSD) which put them and other people they knew at risk and were closely/covertly monitored. Those studies were identified as technically breaking the law but was conducted under the guise of national security and above top secret so was exempt (none of the administrators have ever been bought to justice).

Other projects include the Stanford Research Instutute SRI conducted on the grounds of Stanford University in the 1970s and conducted in absolute secrecy. Former test subjects reported they were selected to do remote viewing to spy on the Soviet union using (allegedly) psychic abilities. While it can't (and probably won't) be publicised this ever worked, according to test subjects they were able to remote view Soviet military sites) we know the CIA conducted these studies.

Since 9-11 the impetus to continue secret/covert testing likely means some form of psy-ops continues to this day.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2023, 9:26 pm

cyberdad wrote:

The mind control testing under the overarching umbrella of MKUltra was/is quite far reaching. In intelligence circles it falls under the category called "Psy-ops"

Some ill-informed ppl would deny this self-evident Truth.

cyberdad wrote:
In the 1960s a number of serving military were (without consent) given hallucinogens (LSD) which put them and other people they knew at risk and were closely/covertly monitored. Those studies were identified as technically breaking the law but was conducted under the guise of national security and above top secret so was exempt (none of the administrators have ever been bought to justice).

Only a fraction of the files relating to Project "MKULTRA" were not destroyed.
I find it curious that not ALL files on these obscene experiments weren't destroy.
But then, you could say the same about the classified NAZI files after WWII.
But then, they were more chaotic times...

cyberdad wrote:
Other projects include the Stanford Research Instutute SRI conducted on the grounds of Stanford University in the 1970s and conducted in absolute secrecy. Former test subjects reported they were selected to do remote viewing to spy on the Soviet union using (allegedly) psychic abilities. While it can't (and probably won't) be publicised this ever worked, according to test subjects they were able to remote view Soviet military sites) we know the CIA conducted these studies.

It was said that nothing eventuated from this research.
While I have no opinion on this, I do question the credibility of establishments that performed inhumane experiments on innocent citizens.
This may be a little harsh, but ppl who BLINDLY believe what the establishment says are fools.

cyberdad wrote:
Since 9-11 the impetus to continue secret/covert testing likely means some form of psy-ops continues to this day.

Self-evident to those who have an open mind, haven't been or overcame brainwashing via social conditioning, and have some knowledge of human psychology.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2023, 10:18 pm

I think the Manchurian candidate experiments in the 1960s also fall under this umbrella. The CIA were training brainwashed individuals to murder high profile targets. A few examples where this possibly happened (again not proven) was the assassinations of MLK, JFK and RK. I believe Castro was targeted using manchurian candidates but the CIA failed.
The Cubans have obviously not forgotten and perhaps have dished out their own version of mind weapons
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-58396698

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2023, 10:24 pm

Pepe wrote:
I find it curious that not ALL files on these obscene experiments weren't destroy.
But then, you could say the same about the classified NAZI files after WWII.
But then, they were more chaotic times...

More chaotic times indeed. The spectre of war with Japan and then the Soviets. During WWII you had Manhatten Project and straight after you Operation paperclip. In both cases many thousands of military staff maintained silence and never spoke to even to their families. The level of compliance was quite impressive given the secrecy and what was at stake.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2023, 11:20 pm

MK Ultra ended in 1973.  That is 50 years ago.  An 18-year-old person who signed on just before the project ended would be 68 years old by now.  A person who retired at 65 just before the project ended would be 115 years old by now.

So, anyone involved in running the project would be 68 to 115 years old today.  A person alive in 1973 might be expected to live 71.42 years.

How many people between the ages of 68 and 71 (inclusive -- a four-year span) could be held legally accountable for the actions they took more than 50 years ago?

How many people in charge at the CIA today could be held legally accountable for the actions someone else took more than 50 years ago?

Just askin'.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2023, 11:48 pm

Fnord wrote:
MK Ultra ended in 1973.  That is 50 years ago.  An 18-year-old person who signed on just before the project ended would be 68 years old by now.  A person who retired at 65 just before the project ended would be 115 years old by now.

So, anyone involved in running the project would be 68 to 115 years old today.  A person alive in 1973 might be expected to live 71.42 years.

How many people between the ages of 68 and 71 (inclusive -- a four-year span) could be held legally accountable for the actions they took more than 50 years ago?

How many people in charge at the CIA today could be held legally accountable for the actions someone else took more than 50 years ago?

Just askin'.

umm you do realise secret projects can continue in different forms or with new people in charge?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2023, 2:08 am

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Just askin'.
umm you do realise secret projects can continue in different forms or with new people in charge?
umm you do realize that prosecuting a hypothetical project that could be going on is far different from prosecuting a real project for which there is ample proof?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.