Do you commonly or ever see imaginary friends in dreams?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Do you commonly or ever see imaginary friends in dreams?
Yes, almost on a 1 to 1 basis. If I make it I dream of it. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sometimes - seems to depend on the reason I created the imaginary friend. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Sometimes - but the cause seems random. 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
Only once or twice - not enough to establish how. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, strangely it's never happened. 75%  75%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 4

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2023, 9:13 pm

I'm asking this because I'm really curious to find out, not really just among autistics but anyone really, whether it's either particularly common for people to see imaginary friends, even imaginary scenery, in dreams.

Admittedly, and for as much as I muck around with mystic and esoteric work and you might find this answer strange, I'd be in the hard 'never' category. It's actually the total silence of any cross-over between waking vivid imagination and dreams, almost like the two are almost completely compartmentalized off. I've never heard anyone talk about this but I'm curious as to whether, if one extreme or the opposite is 95% or greater of people, what that might say about the relationship between conscious visual thinking and dream content.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin