Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 9:54 am

I mean there are so many rules to it.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 9:57 am

Which one? I don't think the same person invented them all.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 9:59 am

Religions generally evolve gradually over time. They start out simple and become more and more complex.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 10:00 am

I'm believe in Christianity but I don't have rules, other than the usual stuff like don't break laws etc.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 10:01 am

Well I was originally thinking Christianity because I was watching something and someone was asking a priest about what happens to aborted foetuses.

He said they don't go to heaven and I'm thinking that the whole thing is just ridiculous in the first place.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 10:04 am

babybird wrote:
Well I was originally thinking Christianity because I was watching something and someone was asking a priest about what happens to aborted foetuses.

He said they don't go to heaven and I'm thinking that the whole thing is just ridiculous in the first place.

Christianity grew out of an amalgamation of local cults, mythology, and philosophy. It’s very interesting stuff.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 10:04 am

babybird wrote:
I'm thinking that the whole thing is just ridiculous in the first place.

Indeed. 8)

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 10:05 am

I assumed that they did go to heaven, but it's something that we can't say for sure.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 11:03 am

babybird wrote:

If that were the case, then we would be doing foetuses a big favor by aborting them. I guess we would be doing God a big favor, too, by increasing the number of souls in Heaven.

According to Christianity, you technically only gain entry into Heaven by believing in Jesus. Since fetuses and babies don't believe in Jesus, their souls would be condemned to damnation. The lake of fire and sulfur, with people who don't believe in Jesus.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 11:11 am

Anyway I heard that jesus likes to take it up the shitter. What does the bible says about that.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 11:12 am

Honey69 wrote:
babybird wrote:

If that were the case, then we would be doing foetuses a big favor by aborting them. I guess we would be doing God a big favor, too, by increasing the number of souls in Heaven.

According to Christianity, you technically only gain entry into Heaven by believing in Jesus. Since fetuses and babies don't believe in Jesus, their souls would be condemned to damnation. The lake of fire and sulfur, with people who don't believe in Jesus.

Did Jesus come before heaven then?

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 11:41 am

It says he was able to go to the people who died before he was born and preach to them...after he died.

So the aborted babies PROBLY get the same treatment.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 11:50 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Which one? I don't think the same person invented them all.

Yeah, I'm not a perennialist either.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

If he can time travel like that he can and wait covert me after I’m dead.
I always wondered about those fetuses also, ( miscarried or aborted),maybe limbo ,but that wouldn’t be fair because they haven’t sinned.
So they must get a straight ticket to paradise and avoid the BS down here.

Last edited by Misslizard on 09 Apr 2023, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

babybird wrote:
Anyway I heard that jesus likes to take it up the shitter. What does the bible says about that.

The bible says 'turn the other cheek'. That could probably apply to both sets.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2023, 11:51 am

babybird wrote:

A "priest", would be Roman Catholic. I would guess that a priest would say that they go to ...Limbo.

The Catholics have a complex afterlife: four places: heaven, hell, purgatory, and limbo. Limbo is where they send unbaptized babies, and (in some versions) 'virtuous Pagans' (adults who were good but didnt believe). So I would think that aborted fetuses would fall under "unbaptized babies".

Protestants have the simpler after life:just up or down: Heaven or Hell. So I dont know what a Protestant minister would say.