Page 1 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 2:39 pm

I know I've been unwell with vertigo and an ear infection, but since I've had it I've also had an odd pain in the left side of the ribs that only comes on when I take a deep breath or yawn. It's not a bad pain that makes me clench the area in agony or anything, it either feels like a muscle pain (which I'm hoping it is) or that pain you get when constipated with trapped gas. But it's been occuring for about 5 days now, and I've been going to the bathroom all right (I know I'm prone to constipation but I've still been passing stools). I know I haven't moved much all week because of my illness (been unable to stand because of vertigo, so been off work and on antibiotics). The pain occurred before I started the antibiotics so it's not a side effect of that.

I keep worrying about it being something serious like a problem with the spleen. I haven't injured it. It doesn't really hurt to touch or lay on. I'm not sure what it could be. I have a doctor's appointment on Tuesday but that's for my other problem (ears and sinuses). I suppose I could mention this too. But I'm just hoping it's nothing. I've Googled spleen conditions but I don't really trust Google these days as it seems to catastrophize these sorts of things and make you believe you're dying.

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 2:56 pm

I am not qualified to give medical advice, but it could be gas trapped in the transverse colon. The section that is sort of horizontal. It resolved itself, but I was getting random pains on the Left like you describe. At first I thought it might be a cracked rib, but it wasn't that intense a pain and I hadn't done anything that would crack a rib.

Last edited by DanielW on 14 Apr 2023, 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 2:57 pm

Why your spleen?

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 3:00 pm

babybird wrote:
Why your spleen?

The spleen is close to that spot where I am guessing the pain is, thats close to where mine was anyway

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2023, 3:05 pm

Ok

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2023, 5:38 pm

Maybe I'm dying. :cry:

I'm scared to go to sleep in case I die. :cry: My blood pressure was checked when I saw the doctor the other day and it was perfectly normal like always.

I'm still taking my antibiotics for ear infection, but I'm worrying in case all this dizziness isn't an ear infection but something else, like a tumour on the brain or something. I'm so scared.

I have another doctors appointment in three days but I don't know where to begin telling her all these ailments I have, as I'm not sure each ailment is even related to each other or not. You're only allowed to discuss one thing during an appointment.

I'm hoping it's just stress, from the horrible neighbours. But I learnt not to put ailments down to stress or anxiety, because my mum did just that and it turned out all her ailments were stage 4 bowel cancer and she's not with us any more.

Why should I die? I don't abuse my body; I don't smoke, don't drink alcohol, don't take unnecessary drugs, and although I ate a lot of sugar (who doesn't?) I've been dieting and eating healthy and have lost weight. My blood pressure has always been normal. Why should I be suddenly dying?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 5:39 am

Everyone is dying. So what? :?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 5:40 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Everyone is dying. So what? :?

Not very helpful.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 5:50 am

Well I'm glad you've cut the sugar out because that is really bad for you.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 2:58 pm

I'm starting to wonder if the stress I get from my upstairs neighbours has actually made me ill like this. I am really unwell, have never been ill like this before, and my stress levels are high. I hope them weird bastards upstairs are happy.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 3:14 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if the stress I get from my upstairs neighbours has actually made me ill like this. I am really unwell, have never been ill like this before, and my stress levels are high. I hope them weird bastards upstairs are happy.

Have you spoken to a doctor about your (probable) hypochondria?

It seems with every minor medical issue you jump to conclusions and assume the absolute worst and drive yourself nuts with anxiety over it. That's not healthy. I have no idea how hypochondria can be treated, but for your own sanity you should explore it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 4:42 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

It seems with every minor medical issue you jump to conclusions and assume the absolute worst and drive yourself nuts with anxiety over it. That's not healthy. I have no idea how hypochondria can be treated, but for your own sanity you should explore it.

Well, seeing my own mother suffer and die from cancer, and seeing the statistics everywhere "1 in 2 people get cancer in their lifetimes", and knowing there's a million things that can go wrong in the body, and knowing now that ASD is a whole body condition like downs syndrome and not just a neurological condition like it always used to be, and hearing all this about long covid or the vaccinations being potentially dangerous, well, can you blame me?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 4:47 pm

Joe90 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Well, seeing my own mother suffer and die from cancer, and seeing the statistics everywhere "1 in 2 people get cancer in their lifetimes", and knowing there's a million things that can go wrong in the body, and knowing now that ASD is a whole body condition like downs syndrome and not just a neurological condition like it always used to be, and hearing all this about long covid or the vaccinations being potentially dangerous, well, can you blame me?

Yes, because it’s you doing it. Seek help or you’ll stress yourself until you’re actually sick. Self fulfilling prophecy.

Last edited by goldfish21 on 16 Apr 2023, 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 5:33 pm

Quote:
Yes, because it’s you doing it
because of the factors I listed. I have an intense phobia of vomiting and things being inserted into me like cameras. I get angrily embarrassed about it. Yes, I'm a prude and a wimp.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 6:29 pm

Ovarian cyst if it started before your cycle and hasn't stopped.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 7:36 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:
Yes, because it’s you doing it
because of the factors I listed. I have an intense phobia of vomiting and things being inserted into me like cameras. I get angrily embarrassed about it. Yes, I'm a prude and a wimp.

Perhaps your pattern recognition skills are not very developed.

You have a very long posting history of shouting the sky is falling every time you experience anything medical in the slightest. You really should address that with a doctor or therapist.