Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2023, 6:39 pm

I have blackout drapes but one of my cats took to clawing them and ingesting the threads.

It's quite the sight in my thready chamber of doom.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2023, 6:52 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Lost_dragon wrote:
I studied Kandinsky in GCSE art back in school. We had to pick three artists to focus on and Kandinsky was one of the artists I picked.

To see in colour like that... I find it fascinating to think about. My mind works quite differently. Interesting how much the human brain can vary.

It's hard to describe because I don't "see" it like a visual and obviously it's not "real", but it's there anyway?
I can point at the exact colour match for a letter or number, for example, but I still don't think I "see" them?
I know them?
Does that make sense?
At the same time I have the emotional experience of falling through rainbows and I know the colours are there.
I could do those paintings even though I don't have a visual projected inside my forehead.

It's so hard to explain.

Admittedly, no. That's alright though, some things don't translate well. I lack the frame of reference and experience to fully understand.

When I close my eyes, it's grey. Various shades of grey depending on how light or dark the lighting of the area I'm stood. I don't get any visual snow.

The way I pick colours is pretty mundane. I decide on a base colour, a complementary colour and then some shade of black and / or white. When I painted my room, I flipped through a book, thought 'Huh, that's a nice shade of teal' then I found a silver which I thought looked nice next to the teal.

I think what I'm trying to say is it's in my "mind's eye" rather than a literal vision, but I don't know what "mind's eye" means to other people so I get tumbled in the words.

Your teal and silver room sounds really pretty. That reminds me of my dad who loved dark teal with silver. I wish it could be so easy. Part of me wants to just find wallpaper that I like and go for it so I don't have to worry about undertone and the way it will reflect light. Too bad everyone hates wallpapering and I'm too stroked-out to do it myself.

xxSkull_Princessxx
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

31 May 2023, 1:26 am

For me, my thoughts involve seeing images and videos inside of my head. I'm a visual thinker.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2023, 1:38 am

same