Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Apr 2023, 9:06 am

You either choose to be a leftist or a rightist. If you're a leftist then you have to vote for anti-gun+anti-defense policies so you can get raped robbed beaten or murdered by criminals. The left claims to be feminist but in reality Leftists cities are the hardest places for a woman to escape from a wife beater husband, because of all the Identity verifications required just to rent a place.

So your only option is to side with right-wing who have outdated transphobic views and believe in fairy tales without evidence.

It is my opinion that both left and right wing politics have been specifically engineered to be this way, in order to force people to pick a side, in such a way that both sides are constructed in such as way as to limit peasant freedoms until the thinking human has had enough, and then cause a civil war.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 12:47 pm

Lecia_Wynter wrote:
The left claims to be feminist but in reality Leftists cities are the hardest places for a woman to escape from a wife beater husband, because of all the Identity verifications required just to rent a place.

Not everything that happens in a "leftist city" happens as a result of leftist political activism.

For example, the lack of affordable housing is driven not by leftists but by real estate interests (including home owners' associations) who have kept prices artificially high via zoning laws.

"All the Identity verifications required just to rent a place" are not something leftist activists have ever called for, either.

Even in "Leftists cities," leftists do not prevail on every issue. Far from it. "Leftists cities" are places where leftists have been able to make more progress than in other places, but still are far from all-powerful against entrenched interest groups like the real estate lobby.

Leftists want easily-affordable housing for everyone. The real estate lobby wants to keep property values up. So far, the real estate lobby has had the upper hand on issues of this kind.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 6:20 pm

The main problem with politics is that evefything is so political.
I mean when was the last time something wasn't political in politics? Yet in the past before it was political, we ain't had no politics! See what I mean?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2023, 8:12 pm

Lecia_Wynter wrote:
You either choose to be a leftist or a rightist.
Wrong!  You can also chose to be Centrist, a mix, or Apolitical.
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
If you're a leftist then you have to vote for anti-gun+anti-defense policies so you can get raped robbed beaten or murdered by criminals.
Wrong, again!  If you identify as a 'leftist', you can still vote any way you want.  You can even abstain from voting at all.
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
The left claims to be feminist but in reality Leftists cities are the hardest places for a woman to escape from a wife beater husband, because of all the Identity verifications required just to rent a place.
Well, of course there are verifications!  You have to prove who you are, where you live, and to whom you are married and/or with whom you live.  Your alleged children's identities must also be verified -- a mother would not want someone to steal her kids, claim to be her, and receive the State's protection from you while you try to prove you are the real mother.
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
So your only option is to side with right-wing who have outdated transphobic views and believe in fairy tales without evidence.
Wrong, again-again!  You can hire a lawyer or secure one pro-bono.
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
It is my opinion that both left and right wing politics have been specifically engineered to be this way, in order to force people to pick a side, in such a way that both sides are constructed in such as way as to limit peasant freedoms until the thinking human has had enough, and then cause a civil war.
Thank you for sharing.  Have a nice day!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lil_hippie
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Apr 2023, 12:02 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Lecia_Wynter wrote:

Not everything that happens in a "leftist city" happens as a result of leftist political activism.

For example, the lack of affordable housing is driven not by leftists but by real estate interests (including home owners' associations) who have kept prices artificially high via zoning laws.

"All the Identity verifications required just to rent a place" are not something leftist activists have ever called for, either.

Even in "Leftists cities," leftists do not prevail on every issue. Far from it. "Leftists cities" are places where leftists have been able to make more progress than in other places, but still are far from all-powerful against entrenched interest groups like the real estate lobby.

Leftists want easily-affordable housing for everyone. The real estate lobby wants to keep property values up. So far, the real estate lobby has had the upper hand on issues of this kind.

I don't know... I live in the Portland area, and grew up in SF, LA, and Seattle. In Oregon, Washington, and California, there are very strict building codes that make it very difficult to expand metropolitans, despite their growing population. My Portland area implements liberal policies such as urban growth boundaries, driven out of a fear of growing suburbs. The suburbs have long been vilified as an evil model, especially as climate change has become more of an issue. You can find urban growth boundaries in most liberal areas. Despite the massive amounts of land in these three states, they want to confine growth to a very small area, and limit expansion outside of it. This raises home prices and limits the land that developers can develop into new homes.

Homeowners associations are especially a problem in liberal areas such as Beverly Hills or Palo Alto because rich liberals don't want to have apartment complexes driving down their home prices or ruining their views.

We don't need affordable housing. We need more land to be made available to build new suburbs and provide a supply of housing to the market. Unless of course you imagine everyone being a renter in the future of a tiny apartment.

lil_hippie

17 Apr 2023, 12:11 am

Lecia_Wynter wrote:
You either choose to be a leftist or a rightoid ret*d. If you're a leftist then you have to vote for anti-gun+anti-defense policies so you can get raped robbed beaten or murdered by criminals. The left claims to be feminist but in reality Leftists cities are the hardest places for a woman to escape from a wife beater husband, because of all the Identity verifications required just to rent a place.

So your only option is to side with right-wing ret*ds who have outdated transphobic views and believe in fairy tales without evidence.

Which side do you find more of a home in?

I find one side stupid, and the other side stupid and but more importantly dangerous, so I choose to side with the side that is just stupid.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2023, 1:22 am

I vote with respect to a candidate's record on the issues that are important to me.

If a candidate's record shows consistent support of . . .

• Allocating more funding to no-strings-attached scientific research.
• Allocating more funding to no-strings-attached college scholarships.
• Increasing my Medicaid/Medicare allotments.
• Increasing my SSI allotment.
• Keeping publicly-funded education purely secular.
• Leaving my "Miranda Rights" alone.
• Leaving my right to own firearms alone.
• Leaving my right to free speech alone.
• Leaving my right to vote for the candidate(s) of my choice alone.
• Leaving women's reproductive rights alone.
• Lowering my taxes.
• Ousting supporters of Donald J. Trump from all three branches of the Federal government.
• Putting Donald J. Trump in prison for the rest of his life.
• Reducing the size of government.

. . . then I would feel inclined to vote for that candidate.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lil_hippie

17 Apr 2023, 1:53 am

Fnord wrote:
I vote with respect to a candidate's record on the issues that are important to me.

How would you feel if we allowed all abortion right up until birth, but cut all federal funding for it?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2023, 1:55 am

lil_hippie wrote:
Fnord wrote:

How would you feel if we allowed all abortion right up until birth, but cut all federal funding for it?
How would you feel if I did not take the bait for your argument?

lil_hippie

17 Apr 2023, 2:15 am

Fnord wrote:
lil_hippie wrote:
Fnord wrote:

How would you feel if I did not take the bait for your argument?

I don't think its bait. You can support a woman's reproductive rights without having federal taxes pay for it.

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Apr 2023, 11:24 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
The main problem with politics is that evefything is so political.
I mean when was the last time something wasn't political in politics? Yet in the past before it was political, we ain't had no politics! See what I mean?

The reason things are more political nowadays is threefold:
1. The internet allows people to be more informed and also communicate with each other more.

2. Politicians are implementing more and more restrictions so people are feeling cornered and having to do something about it.

3. Economic failure, people question the future and want to do something about it.

lil_hippie wrote:
Which side do you find more of a home in?

I find one side stupid, and the other side stupid and but more importantly dangerous, so I choose to side with the side that is just stupid.

This is my point, it doesn't matter what side because both sides are a compromise where you will lose bigtime. Even if you vote trump you will lose gun rights.

Mona Pereth wrote:
Lecia_Wynter wrote:

If you go to a conservative smalltown they won't ask for a dozen proofs of identity. If you go to a liberal city you won't be able to escape a wife beater husband because of all the mandatory KYC.

On the larger scale though its true that giant corporations fund both left and right politicians.

Fnord wrote:
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
You either choose to be a leftist or a rightist.
Wrong!  You can also chose to be Centrist, a mix, or Apolitical.
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
If you're a leftist then you have to vote for anti-gun+anti-defense policies so you can get raped robbed beaten or murdered by criminals.
Wrong, again!  If you identify as a 'leftist', you can still vote any way you want.  You can even abstain from voting at all.
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
Well, of course there are verifications!  You have to prove who you are, where you live, and to whom you are married and/or with whom you live.  Your alleged children's identities must also be verified -- a mother would not want someone to steal her kids, claim to be her, and receive the State's protection from you while you try to prove you are the real mother.
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
Wrong, again-again!  You can hire a lawyer or secure one pro-bono.
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
Thank you for sharing.  Have a nice day!

Sadly incorrect. You see, in America its rigged so that people have to pick a side, non-Democrat and non-Republican presidents don't stand a chance.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2023, 8:22 pm

Lecia_Wynter wrote:
You either choose to be a leftist or a rightist. If you're a leftist then you have to vote for anti-gun+anti-defense policies so you can get raped robbed beaten or murdered by criminals. The left claims to be feminist but in reality Leftists cities are the hardest places for a woman to escape from a wife beater husband, because of all the Identity verifications required just to rent a place.

What if one doesn't want to be in ANY kind of politics at all? :|

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Apr 2023, 6:52 am

UncannyDanny wrote:
Lecia_Wynter wrote:

What if one doesn't want to be in ANY kind of politics at all? :|

Politicians make the rules you have to obey, or rules you want others to obey. Saying you don't want to be in any kind of politics at all is like saying you want to obey any random rules and policies made up by other people and also do not want to create or adjust any rules and policies for other people.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2023, 7:06 am

^Well, that kinda sounds contradictive, don't you think? :|

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2023, 7:32 am

*hands Lecia a leaflet that says “Who is John Galt?”*

I’d like to talk to you about Ayn Rand and Objectivism. Do you believe that there is a reality that exists apart from the mind?

*shows Lecia a copy of “Atlas Shrugged.”*
:lol:

In all seriousness, I feel your pain. As I’ve said before, Republican/Democrat, liberal/conservative are two sides of the same coin. The problem isn’t the Republican/conservative side or the Democrat/liberal side. The problem is the coin isn’t worth anything. We need a new coin.

The reason the landscape looks the way it does is people have been quick to get the government involved when things didn’t go their way. Infrastructure for telegraph lines and railroads, for instance, necessitated monopolies which had the force of government instead of letting companies compete in the marketplace, forcing them to provide accessible quality services. Once greedy corporations agreed that they would NOT compete and began unsound practices to extract more money than customers could afford to pay, rather than letting them fail and more intelligent people take over, the government forced them to split up.

That’s been the pattern throughout most of our industrialized history. People demand progress, so the government approves corporations to do what they do. Then terrible things happen, so people demand change. Government shuts down select corporations and approve others based on the interests of those in power. And when that fails, authorities are all like, “we had NO IDEA they would do that! Oh, the indignity!” More elections are held, more backroom deals are done, more problems are created that elected officials have to solve.

If you look at it HONESTLY and objectively, you’ll realize the USA doesn’t actually have all that many problems. Abortion? Nobody cares. CRT? Only and handful of people ever even talk about it anymore. Women’s rights? They have them. If you stay off the websites and avoid television/radio, you’ll go about your normal, regular day and what happens in DC will not impact your daily life one bit. You want a gun? Go buy a gun. Wanna 420? Cops ain’t looking any more.

Party politics is nothing but theatrics to keep elected people in their jobs. That’s really it. Every election cycle they invent a problem to solve only to invent solutions that create more problems to invent solutions for.

“Government shutdown” used to be a threat that got people up in arms over issues. What happened to us when the government shut down? Nothing. And now that people aren’t afraid of it, D/R’s no longer play that card when approving the budget. They will avoid anything that gives the appearance that we don’t need them.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2023, 6:43 pm

Lecia_Wynter wrote:
If you go to a conservative smalltown they won't ask for a dozen proofs of identity. If you go to a liberal city you won't be able to escape a wife beater husband because of all the mandatory KYC.

It would be interesting to find out the history of "all the mandatory KYC" and who pushed for it and why. This sounds to me more like something that would have been pushed for by urban law-and-order types than by "liberals" and leftists.

Again, the mere fact that something happens in a "liberal city" doesn't mean that "liberals" are the people who pushed for it.