Page 2 of 4 [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2023, 2:03 am

Bit of a harsh statement, but I getcha. It's frustrating. So often I just want to live my life without ever speaking to another soul. Exist but not be perceived.

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

colliegrace
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2023, 2:03 am

rse92 wrote:
Sadly for you, there are no one but humans on this board.

Bold of you to assume I am not three collies in a trenchcoat

Also diagnosed with: seasonal depression, anxiety, OCD

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2023, 5:24 am

Fnord wrote:
On the one hand, if people cannot improve their lot, then maybe they would be better off to silently accept it.

On the other hand, if they CAN improve their lot, then maybe they could find a way to make it happen.

On the gripping hand, some people just like to complain, no matter what.

I choose "Box A".
I.E. "Life's a b***h, and then you die. Just make the best of it." 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2023, 5:26 am

colliegrace wrote:
Bit of a harsh statement, but I getcha. It's frustrating. So often I just want to live my life without ever speaking to another soul. Exist but not be perceived.

That was my preference also.
Alas, I was involuntarily drafted into "The Truman Show". 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2023, 5:27 am

colliegrace wrote:
rse92 wrote:
Sadly for you, there are no one but humans on this board.

Bold of you to assume I am not three collies in a trenchcoat

Hello, ppl!
Skunk here. :roll:

Lecia_Wynter
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Apr 2023, 8:35 am

Fnord wrote:
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
Fnord wrote:
WPTaylor wrote:
. . . I'm totally ret*d socially, and constantly make missteps.  It's like I just can't deal with humanity.  This term about being on the wrong planet couldn't be more accurate.  I wish there was no humanity.  I get nothing out if it.  It has no positives.  No relationships.  It's just stress and no upsides.
Is there anything YOU could do to improve YOUR social skills?
They have autism.  Stop telling them the onus is on them to improve their social skills.
Who else then?  The onus to change is not on "The World".
Lecia_Wynter wrote:
Besides, there is a larger thread here about the big picture of the world. I had an epiphany about humanity a few minutes ago. Bunch of savages, the lot of them.
It is easy to assign blame.  It is much more difficult to apply a valid solution -- but solutions exist, if people are able and willing to put forth the effort.

If the people are not interested in improving themselves, or if it really is impossible for them, then there is The Haven for them to air their grievances.  If the people cannot or will not make the effort to improve their social skills, then why should complaining about "The World" improve their situations, anyway?

The OP is extremely vague so I'm unsure what we are even debating about.

Anyway, generally speaking, the world can and should change in order to cater to autistic people. Progress in autism is more autism awareness and being more woke of autism. 50 years ago most people didn't even know autism was a thing, quality of life will increase when people learn more about autism and get the proper sensitivity training for interacting with autists.

Last edited by Cornflake on 23 Apr 2023, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.: Removed a derogatory term

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2023, 5:46 pm

Lecia_Wynter wrote:
. . . the world can and should change in order to cater to spergs. . .
You seem to have forgotten that "The World" is not one homogeneous mass.  It is instead over 8,000,000,000 individuals, the majority of whom are neuro-normative.

The best to be hoped for is an informed public; but this does not guaranty that the information will be perceived -- or even used -- in ways that will benefit the neuro-diverse.

Your solution is impractical, to say the least.

By the way, the use of the word "sperg" is offensive to some neuro-diverse people.  Please refrain from its use.

Thank you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2023, 11:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
You seem to have forgotten that "The World" is not one homogeneous mass.  It is instead over 8,000,000,000 individuals, the majority of whom are neuro-normative.

We are close to the 8 billion mark. I do wonder when we will reach a point in which the population will be unsustainable. Anyhoo...

Quote:
The best to be hoped for is an informed public; but this does not guaranty that the information will be perceived -- or even used -- in ways that will benefit the neuro-diverse.

I guess that is True.

Quote:
Your solution is impractical, to say the least.

Yet, so is yours especially when the same "world" says be yourself and be true to yourself. Which is it exactly? Are we supposed to conform to a set of standards or not?

Quote:
By the way, the use of the word "sperg" is offensive to some neuro-diverse people.  Please refrain from its use.

You said it yourself, the 8 billion people are not one huge homogeneous mass. So, how is any of us supposed to know what is offensive to each individual exactly?

Quote:
Thank you.[/color]

v
v
v
v
This an aspie underneath the boot of the world.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2023, 11:43 pm

Fnord wrote:

Which informs why talking about wishing humanity wasn't around is pointless. If you don't "fit-in" then social psychology applies and you will be marginalised. Doesn't stop feeling that way, but no point acting on feelings.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2023, 11:54 pm

cyberdad wrote:

Which informs why talking about wishing humanity wasn't around is pointless. If you don't "fit-in" then social psychology applies and you will be marginalised. Doesn't stop feeling that way, but no point acting on feelings.

Having a reclusive lifestyle is the next best thing.
Since I became an urban hermit, life hasn't been better. 8)

Ppl are nasty...
VERY nasty and mean... :eew: :mrgreen:

cubedemon6073
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2023, 1:57 am

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Okay, and what are you getting at exactly?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2023, 7:01 am

cubedemon6073 wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Okay, and what are you getting at exactly?

Understanding we live in a matrix is one thing. But attempting to live outside of the matrix is close to impossible.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2023, 7:02 am

Pepe wrote:
Ppl are nasty...

People are self-centred and toxic. Toxicity is like water pollution. You can't see it, but it slowly makes you sick.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2023, 12:26 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Ppl are nasty...

People are self-centred and toxic. Toxicity is like water pollution. You can't see it, but it slowly makes you sick.

And to think that all this ratbaggery is simply due to chemicals in the brain. :roll:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2023, 1:57 am

Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Ppl are nasty...

And to think that all this ratbaggery is simply due to chemicals in the brain. :roll:

Not to mention micro-plastics
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... nsons.html

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2023, 4:23 am

cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Ppl are nasty...

Not to mention micro-plastics
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... nsons.html

NOW you tell me! 8O